UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Horrific Minimate Splurge!

MST3KFan

So I went to this comic book shop that's 25 minutes away from where I live again after having expressed an interest to order some DC minimates the previous week I went there and they said they'd be getting some more in the next week... I ordered like four sets, but came out with a bit more. They got in a ton of Series 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6, so I had quite a lot to pick from.

I ended up bringing home...

Batgirl/Bane

Guy Gardner/Kilowag

Supergirl/Bizarro

Power Girl/Dr Fate

Blue Beetle/Booster Gold

Hawkman/Hawkgirl

Joker/Harley Quinn

This other list below is of ones I have coming through the mail. Otherwise, I could have gotten most of them there too.

Superman/Lex Luthor

Batman/OMAC

Wonder Woman/Ares

Aquaman/Ocean Master

Green Lantern/Star Sapphire

Green Arrow/Deathstroke

Man, these things are like plastic crack. LOL I even have all of Wave 7 on pre-order, though that's a ways off now which saves me some money then for now, but I gotta tell ya, these things are addictive.

Anyone else do a minimate splurge of their own?

I didn't. Apparently they have it right now so some words you type on the site right now get altered, which is VERY annoying in my mind. I tried to fix it, but when I reposted the words changed again. Frankly, I don't find it humorous that what I'm typing is getting altered for Halloween right now... This reply will probably come out altered as well.

What are these?? Did you confuse your mini-zombies with something else? It should be Werewolf by Night/Luthor and Boris Karloff/Omac.

Werewolf by Night/Lex Luthor

Boris Karloff/OMAC

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? I'm seeing this stuff all over the place. Plague 7 not w a v e (which I spaced out in case this is a spellcheck prank) and the mods change their names. Halloween fun maybe?

Boris Karloff got on my nerves

He was running me amok

He ridiculed me calling me a bum

Boris Karloff beat the hell out of me and knocked me to the floor

I got back up and knocked him to the floor

He was being such a jackoff

LOL MST3KFan, dude you are so screwed: you've got it bad. Welcome to the Asylum, where there is no cure for the addiction, only more plastic fixes, carefully metered to keep us strung out. ;)

I wonder we could be given Lego figures or Kubricks to wean us off of the 'Mates. I'm thinking that those lesser block figs might work like Methadone does for heroin addiction. . .

Nice haul.

It's been awhile since I had that large of a splurge outside of cases of figures.

I've still got most of Wave 3 unopened just biding my time for a slow period.

Ah, there. fixed my post from the Halloween alterations. I forgot to mention I also got a hole of a Jon Stewart GL minimate from a guy I know whom got 3 of them while he at the con giving them away.

I opened all the mates last night and gotta say they're all awesome, though I worry about Hawkman and Hawkgirl's wings. I dunno, but I think maybe they should have been molded on to the figures somehow.

I opened all the mates last night and gotta say they're all awesome, though I worry about Hawkman and Hawkgirl's wings. I dunno, but I think maybe they should have been molded on to the figures somehow.

They don't stay on my Minimates very well. I just hope that they will be compatible with Archangel's wing slots so that I don't have to go to too much trouble making a custom Angel from the variant. . .

Yeah that's what I'm hoping too. I want a feathered winged Angel!

Wow. My C3 Nightwing and Catwoman I ordered arrived at the same time as my ordered Woman Woman/Ares and Green Arrow/Deathsrtoke today. My DC minimate collection is getting big. XD It might surpass my Marvel collection at this rate. LOL

I wonder we could be given Lego figures or Kubricks to wean us off of the 'Mates. I'm thinking that those lesser block figs might work like Methadone does for heroin addiction. . .

Considering the price of LEGO sets (all the figures I want seem to be part of the giantic ones) and the cost of importing Kubricks, I'm not sure that it would be less expensive. Plus, when you place them side by side with actual minimates, they often look a lot cruder. 'Sides I've got it under control.... ;)

Wow. My C3 Nightwing and Catwoman I ordered arrived at the same time as my ordered Woman Woman/Ares and Green Arrow/Deathsrtoke today.

I operate out of a college mailroom, and have become infamous since the day that I received 4 packages in one day containing a total of 14 minimates! (I try to open them there so I don't fill up my trashcan with all the wrapping). I opened them over the next two days, since at the rate I'm going I won't be able to afford many more.

Wow. My C3 Nightwing and Catwoman I ordered arrived at the same time as my ordered Woman Woman/Ares and Green Arrow/Deathsrtoke today. My DC minimate collection is getting big. XD It might surpass my Marvel collection at this rate. LOL

If you've not opened GA/Deathstroke yet then go easy. GA was notorious for having bad knee joints that sheared off the first time you bend them. To be on the safe side either spray with wd40 (or similar) and gently manipulate the joints. Try to pull them slightly away from each other as well. Once you've got them freed up rinse them in warm(ish) water to get rid of the oil. Another way to do it is soak the parts in warm soapy water and manipulate them very gently (that sounds so much pervier than it should) but that takes longer.

Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones and don't need to worry about it though.

If you've not opened GA/Deathstroke yet then go easy. GA was notorious for having bad knee joints that sheared off the first time you bend them. To be on the safe side either spray with wd40 (or similar) and gently manipulate the joints. Try to pull them slightly away from each other as well. Once you've got them freed up rinse them in warm(ish) water to get rid of the oil. Another way to do it is soak the parts in warm soapy water and manipulate them very gently (that sounds so much pervier than it should) but that takes longer.

Hopefully you're one of the lucky ones and don't need to worry about it though.

He was? Weren't his legs actually cast out of green and unpainted?

He was? Weren't his legs actually cast out of green and unpainted?

He was. It was all over this board. Which is why I was extremely careful once I'd unboxed him.

I tried the right knee joint and sure enough it was locked solid. The same thing happened with my classic stealth cylon (cast in black plastic and also unpainted by the way). It's not the same as the paint issues on the Classic Spidey gift pack.

I have two GA's and haven't had a problem with either

I wasn't saying you were wrong Rad, Merely stating that not all are bad. I got lucky and had two good ones.

In fact the only breakage I ever had was when my Luke Cage's arm ball joint snapped off. I still haven't found it. :P

New Avengers.

Guess who's becoming my first zombie. :biggrin:

My GA came out okay, so I guess I got lucky. My Deathstroke though...his chest piece kind of sticks away from his chest. Makes me want to superglue it to keep it in place better.

Heh. Also, today I just got my big shipment from Sci-Fi Genre containing my Superman/Lex Luthor, Batman/OMAC, Green Lantern/Star Sapphire, Aquaman/Ocean Master DC minimates and my WonderMan/She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, and Thor/Loki Marvel minimates. It's been a major minimate week for me. XD All I have left coming is a C3 Robin and that's it for the DC ones until Wave 7 comes out.