UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cripes! Ten bucks?!?

Lobsterman

just hit my LCS for wave 5, and they're up to $9.99 a pack! This is getting expensive!

Anyone else seeing minimate inflation?

I know this won't help but try & use the principle that there are others worse off than you. Minimates here in the UK are generally twice the price that they cost in the US.

Yeah if I want to buy DC Minimates in a shop here they usually cost around £5.99-£6.99

Every so often this topic comes up. I'd suggest buying online in the future if you can. Utilize the banner ads at the top of the forum whenever possible. Not only will you get a better deal on the 'mates you're purchasing, you'll help the site with your click & purchase.

I got my 4 packs from Stuckakid for $27.99. That breaks down to $6.99 each, the SRP that JL mentioned above.

Every so often this topic comes up. I'd suggest buying online in the future if you can.

I usually buy one set online and one set locally to support my LCS (and because I hate waiting an extra week... <_< ). But with these prices, I'm really starting to reconsider that strategy. I'm usually okay paying a few extra dollars to get the whole set on release day; this is the first time I've actually passed on a couple of the packs.

Guess I'll be picking up my extra custom-fodder sets elsewhere...

I haven't seen or heard the word cripes in ... Forever!

I'm also amazed to see it being used by one of you damn yankee types :D I always thought of it as an especially English (not British).

We now return the subject back to topic.

I think your LCS is treading on thin ice charging that much for DC mates. It'd serve them right if you took your business elsewhere.

I believe that that works out to be around £6-7 right? That's what I pay here, or more for varients. You'll never be happy with it, but you've gotta accept it. Suck tbh but hey, what can you do?

At least you have them. I can't wait to get my Avengers and Zombies, but I have to wait with uncertain release dates.

Not me but the retail price is supposed to be $8.99 but it's left to seller discretion. Not sure what you were paying.

Suggested retail prices per 2-pack are supposed to be:

Marvel $6.99

Star Trek $6.99

BSG $6.99

DC $8.99

Well I don't get charged these prices but if it's much more than this you might want to reconsider. :P At least if you're in the US that is. Sometimes shipping rates make it more convenient to buy from your shop.