UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's good in life right now?

Deadpool

Ok, so after reading the greatly loved by me complaint thread, I thought a thread to shout out all the good things that have happened to us would be nice. Things like "I got a new job!" or "Man, the sky is clear today!"

Anyway, I've got a date to Homecoming! Me! And it wasn't a last resort or anything! Not a "I'm settling for you because no one else likes me" thing. I'm in a new high school this year, and the poeple are much nicer. So, I'm going to have a good Friday! (no pun intended)

I think this thread is a great idea. We all spend so much time complaining it is good to remind ourselves what is good in life. Personally I will go with

BEER

Only one thing's better .......more beer!

and whats better than that you ask

beer flavored beer... with a glass made out of frozen beer that you can eat/drink after youve finished the beer in the frozen beer!!!!

I think this thread is a great idea. We all spend so much time complaining it is good to remind ourselves what is good in life. Personally I will go with

BEER

Only one thing's better .......more beer!

and whats better than that you ask

beer flavored beer... with a glass made out of frozen beer that you can eat/drink after youve finished the beer in the frozen beer!!!!

I supposed that's a Polar Beer?

Ok, so the poor puns is being added to the complaints thread :D

Facebook - I resisted joining for a long time, but It's put me back in touch with some people I thought I'd never see again, and got me talking to my sister a bit more (there's no reason for us not to, we just don't get around to ringing each other)

Unfortunately, some of you lot joined up as well :D

Jo

Right now I'm thankful for good friends. Since Wednesday I have been on a scavenger hunt thing with two of my closest friends and we were in each others company for 4 days straight. I had expected at least one falling out but there was none, and the half-week was excellent.

Also Beer helps too. ;)

It was lovely to spend this lunchtime in town enjoying a chat over coffee with my 15 year-old daughter. Usually she treats me and her father like slightly senile old retainers who don't know the first thing about anything worth knowing. Whatever opinions we have, she seems to willfully take up the opposite position like it's her duty or something. This is normal teen behaviour, but she can be very sweet at times, and when she is being sweet and talkative ~ unlike the usual "DUH!" response teens give out ~ you get to see what a really great (and sensible) adult she will become.

(More sensible than her mum who collects toys anyway! ;) )

Not all teens are like that! Maybe towards their parents sometimes but not all the time. We're not that bad you know.

^^^LOL! :P

Your parents are very lucky! My daughter does the "Kevin and Perry" thing of being routinely hateful to us (yah, but you have to know that I have some great strategies for not letting it get too out of hand!), and almost creepily polite to her friend's parents

Still, at least she behaves herself when she's outside the house and at school where it matters! :P

Also Beer helps too. ;)

Not all teens are like that! Maybe towards their parents sometimes but not all the time. We're not that bad you know.

Your parents are very lucky!

Thats cos the keep him permanently drunk... Good old Victorian standards coming back I see! ;):P

T.

p.s. What's good now?... I'm still breathing... the rest all comes from that ;)

Also Beer helps too. ;)

Your parents are very lucky!

Thats cos the keep him permanently drunk... Good old Victorian standards coming back I see! ;):P

T.

p.s. What's good now?... I'm still breathing... the rest all comes from that ;)

LMAO! How did you guess? :lol:

I MIGHT have found a job today, after being unfairly terminated from the one I had been at for over a year. so I have been really paniced the past few days. I am really stoked to have a new... assuming that I do.

other than that, good stuff... my girlfriend is saving up to move here, so we should be living together by october :) then we will have another member here, as I plan to drag her down into addiction with me =)

Well, my 4 year old just started preschool, and we were so worried that she wasn't going to want to go, and she would be scared, nervous etc. and not want my wife to leave her alone with strangers... but to our pleasant surprise, she LOVES it :D every day she asks if she is going "this week?" LOL, she is hilarious and we are so happy that she is excited about school. On the 9th she and her 2 year old sister start dance class and they both can't wait. It will be my oldests 2nd time around and my youngests first. Kids can be so fun :)

BS

After spending (more like pissing away) four years (not a lot I know) wasting time working in stupid retail, I decided at the last minute to take some part time college courses to see if i wanted to go back to school. Tonight was my first night and gosh darn it did I ever love it. I miss school so much and I can't wait to enroll full time...... now to decide what I want to do. :confused: This feels like a start to a new beginning. Now to get that second fun job....... maybe in a skateboard shop where I can wear my VANS :P

• 9 months later...

You know, I hate to bring back such an old thread, but my life really is so good that I feel the need to shout about it.

My school is far better than it was Freshman year (I switched), and this upcoming year should be even better. I have a ton of friends for once who'll play games with me and don't think I'm completely lame, I've been able to afford a decent amount of stuff, I've got a wonderful girlfriend who accepts my toys completely and is a sort of geek herself, my parents didn't bust my case for grades...

I really do feel that my life is as perfect as it needs to be. Anyone else wanna shout about their great life? (or bring back the complaint thread? :P)

Went over to a friends house and played the old DOOM II co-op. Even though we wasted like six or more hours playing it was amazingly and surprisingly fun. That was probably one of the more fun events of my summer so far.

and this fourth of july my baby nephew came over and acted cute all day. :lol:

It's amazing to me how much he develops with each passing visit.

Went over to a friends house and played the old DOOM II co-op. Even though we wasted like six or more hours playing it was amazingly and surprisingly fun. That was probably one of the more fun events of my summer so far.

About a year ago I discovered the Midway arcade classics games for the Gamecube, and me and a buddy of mine spent innumerable hours playing Joust, Joust II, and of course, NARC!

I'll tell you what is good for me right now, though: the Twilight Zone marathon that's been on all day on Sci Fi channel! It has been damn near impossible to pull myself away from it, given how great this show is. I saw the one with Lee Marvin and the robot boxer, the one with the omnipotent kid that turns the guy into the jack-in-the-box, the one with Columbo as Castro, and the one with Robert Redford as death, amongst many other classics. Damn I love this show.