UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

I played the IM demo, the customizable armor will be preatty cool........... I also picked up the QUAKE 4 demo and all I can say was "WOW". I am thinking about picking up the game soon......

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm finally going to pick up Lost today for the 360. I've been wating to play it but heard it was short so I didn't want to pay full price. They've dropped it down to $40, so I think I'm going to spring for it!

Also, Mario Kart Wii is out Sunday! Anyone else as excited about MK as me? I've been waiting for a while and if it's just half as good as the DS version it's going to be amazing! neo

Also, Mario Kart Wii is out Sunday! Anyone else as excited about MK as me? I've been waiting for a while and if it's just half as good as the DS version it's going to be amazing! neo

I'm curious about the steering wheel, and how well it will work.

Well, I have to say, that you will be suprised. I was able to play a test version a few weeks ago and it was awesome. It's the best motion driving experience yet. I thought it was going to be like ExciteTruck which I didn't like. It was too loose and I ended up either fishtailing a lot or turning super sharp and the truck not go anywhere. With MK it's actually spot on. I played 3 races and never once ran smack into a wall or finished last place. Don't get me wrong, there is a learning curve to being great and finishing first, but anyone can pick up the wheel and compete which makes it amazing! neo

Edited by neolego

I say PAH!! to Mario cart...

Everyone else will be playing GTAIV both on and offline! :)

The multiplayer looks awesome, 16 player city wide free roaming chaos... and that's just one of the modes...

Hate to Say it Neo but the more I read about GTAIV the more I think you're cutting your nose off to spite your face...

T.

Hate to Say it Neo but the more I read about GTAIV the more I think you're cutting your nose off to spite your face...

T.

Yeah, I can't say that I disagree with you Timbo. I know that I'm going to be missing a great gaming experience. But, as the saying goes, "You've got to stand for something!"

So, enjoy and when you want to watch me die on CoD4 some more, look me up :D. neo

Edited by neolego

I pre-ordered GTAIV today. I can't wait for it. Its gonna be amazing.

Also everything I've heard about MK is fantastic. I have a few friends with Wiis and they love the game. One of the best on Wii was a quote from one.

Also I played the Iron Man demo today. I thought it was pretty awesome. Once I learn the controls properly it will be well good. Definately a consideration to buy.

Neo, tell me what you think of Lost once you've played it.

I'm gonna pick up both GTA IV and Mario Kart, but the only one that I plan on getting on the first day of release is Mario Kart. That was always a fun party game, and the replay value of the single player mode is significantly higher than the GTA series, in my experience. Of course, the new bells and whistles on GTA IV may improve on the "wandering the streets and committing random acts of violence" component. I haven't read any news on the gameplay or anything, but I'm hoping for special action moves associated with the environment, like a "curb stomp" or "throw a guy's head through the window and sever the jugular with glass shard." Ah, glorious ultraviolence. . .maybe I will pick this one up on release day :)

Now we need Resident Evil 5!!!

madden09mq1.jpg

Thoughts?

neo

Interesting. They've never had a retired person on their box before, have they? Are they focusing on a "Legends" mode now, where former greats will actually have their names and likenesses, instead of just numbers (sometimes) and attributes?

Maybe this is the result of too many stars wanting to avoid the "Madden curse."

I say PAH!! to Mario cart...

Everyone else will be playing GTAIV both on and offline! :)

The multiplayer looks awesome, 16 player city wide free roaming chaos... and that's just one of the modes...

T.

Mario cart is one of the Wii games I'm most looking forward to! It is in my top 5 all time for the DS - I can't wait to see how fun it is on the Wii.

GTA really never appealed to me. (Yeah, I'm one of only a handfull of people who never got into the franchise.)

For al you wondering how MKWii is, I have to say it is great. The controls are simple but have a lot of depth. There are a good selection of characters and the online is great fun. When you americans get it you really should buy it.

Vig.

Brett Favre on the cover of the new Madden? WTF? I thought it was supposed to be my boy, (and reining Super Bowl champion) Eli Manning! The Giants kicked the crap out of the Packers IN Green Bay in sub-zero temperatures!

They win the Super Bowl & the Giants still can't get no love...

madden09mq1.jpg

Thoughts?

neo

Interesting. They've never had a retired person on their box before, have they? Are they focusing on a "Legends" mode now, where former greats will actually have their names and likenesses, instead of just numbers (sometimes) and attributes?

Why do they still make Madden games? It's the same every year. Geez, maybe they should just stop making them and put he taalent into making more original games.

I bought Legendary, but matchmaking hasn't put me in Ghost town yet.

Avalanche is sweet though.

I bought legendary maps too. I love Ghost Town. A great new asymetric map, with Brute Shots :thumbsup:

I like the idea of Avalanche and you can have some great games on it, but 4v4 slayer on it sucks cos its just too big, and all I get is CTF in objective, which gets boring the fifth time in a row.

Blackout is amazing. I love it. Lockout was one of the best maos on Halo 2 and this one surpasses it. Love it.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with Blackout.

Don't get me wrong I loved Lockout. Every rerelease of a map so far, however (including H2) has been a remake. I've played Lockout to death. I almost wish it had been a free download.

The reason they still make Madden games?

People buy them.

madden09mq1.jpg

Thoughts?

neo

Why do they still make Madden games? It's the same every year. Geez, maybe they should just stop making them and put he taalent into making more original games.

IIRC, no, there hasn't ever been anyone who's officially retired on the cover before. Cut/no longer playing - Michael Vick & Shaun Alexander, I'm looking at you - but no one who's been retired. :D

As to why they're still making them, each year they add or tweak something. One year is heavy on the RB focus. The next was the QB Vision system, etc. I'm pretty satisfied with my '07 Hall of Fame edition.

*hangs head in shame*

Hello, My name is Chris......and I'm a Maddenholic!

:D

I am one of those losers who keeps buying the game every year. Every year I get the newest game and it's so complete I think, this is the one, I'm not going to buy another version......then August comes. It's really worth it for the fans. New rosters, new rookies, new uniforms/stadiums (if applicable). I love all of that stuff. Then there are always new features. Create-a-Superstar was cool, Franchise and Owner is always cool, and the new superstar powers are nice. They keep adding just enough to suck me back in. They haven't released a not on the new game yet, but I'm hoping for more detail on the owners, I miss setting ticket and food prices and adding in arcades and new seating :). I also would like to see more Hall of Fame players, since Brett is on the cover, maybe they'll through is some more retired, classic players and teams and uniforms!

So, it's a disease. The question is, how do with combat it. I'll tell you how: MICRO TRANSACTIONS! Madden should not release another version until the Next-Gen of playforms. What they should do is what I've been saying all along. Every summer, at around $20 or $30, released downloadable content for the game you already own. New Rosters/Jerseys/Stadiums/Etc. Any new features they want to add, more dynamic Weather, New Onwers Mode, whatever. I've been saying this for a while now, but no one agrees. This is where the future of gaming is people and I love it. If Burnout Paradise can release downloads to not just patch glitches, but add new races, new modes, motorcycles and eventually Planes, than any game can do it. Honestly, I didn't buy Burnout because I knew, the next version will just be better. However, now that I know they are adding Bikes and soon they are adding planes TO A BURNOUT RACING GAME, I am all over it. I'm picking the game up next Paycheck. This is they way that I like to see games released. Quality titles that offer plenty to do, and instead of that same team working on a sequal with just minor updates, they work on making their amazing game ever better through downloads. If more companies would do this I would be very pleased! And it will happen, just watch ;).

Now, I can't quit typing until I mention Mario Kart again. I played at a store a few days ago on a smaller TV for less than 30 minutes. Sunday, after church, I ran by GameStop and picked up my copy and my extra wheel and ran home. I then played for most of the evening, save eating and using the bathroom :). Anyway, my outlook was more of the same, but there are some issues. I thought I'd give a small review for anyone who cares:

Presentaion (3 1/2)

-I don't know, maybe Smash Bros. spoiled me, but I felt the presentaion was just OK in Kart. Sure, everything works fine and you can use the Wii Mote to navigate menus, but it's all kinda blah for me. Obviously their can't be a huge story like Subspace Embasy (even though I'd like to see some kind of story mode), but we get Grand Prix, Time Trials, and Battle and that's about it. One thing I was really hoping for was the Mission Modes like on the DS. I loved those, maybe I was the only one. I know that Mario Kart is not aimed at a Single Player, but neither is Smash. However, in Smash they found a way to make a single player feel satisfied and in Kart they failed to do this. I will still play Kart for a very long time, but most of the time only when friends are over (Wii Sports anyone?). A few other minor gripes, the Kart Selection. You think with each character getting 3 karts and 3 bikes you would get a lot of variety. But you don't, there are like 3 templates and several characters share the same template with new colors - lame. Also, I have to throw in that I played for several hours last night and still can't figure out how to play will my Mii and that is quite annoying (and P.S., it's not in the manual either!).

Graphics (4 for Wii, 2 1/2 for Next-Gen)

-The graphics are nice and clean. Very colorful and Mario-esque. Do I have complains, not really, because I know for the Wii it's the best that you can expect. However, it's just so hard to go from playing something like Lost or Call of Duty to Mario Kart. If Kart was on the 360 it would be laughable. I noticed, even with HD cables, jagged edges and blurryness in the graphics. Again, I don't play any Nintendo game for graphics, but a crisp HD version of Mario Kart on the 360 would be sweet! Also worth noting, the Framerate was amazing local, but I noticed a small frame drop online. Not enough to make the game crap, but you can tell a slight difference in the speed.

Gameplay (4 1/2)

-Good news, everyone can play like they want! You can use the Wheel (that's included), you can use the Wii Mote and Nunchuk, you can use the Classic Controller or you can use the GameCube controller. I'm sure most diehard fans will pick up the Wavebird without even thinking. However, I would challenege everyone here to at least give the Wheel a shot. I LOVE IT. It makes it much more fun to me. Will I always use it, probably not, when I'm online and really trying to whip some people I might break out the Classic Controller, however I promise that anytime I play loca multi-player it will be with the Wheel and all of my friend are required to do the same thing. There is just someing really fun about playing with several wheels with your buddies in the same room. All of that being said, the controls play exatcly how you would imagine. They are spot on, even with the Wheel (though it may take a few races to get the hand of the Wheel). So, why not a perfect 5 you ask? 2 reasons: Rubberbanding and Speed. First, to those who don't know what Rubberbanding is, let me explain. Toward the end of the night I was starting to get good and finish 1st a few times. I was on on track where I took the lead going into the 2nd lap. I held the lead through the 2nd and 3rd laps. About 3/4 way through the final lap I get hit with a blue shell, as soon as I land I get hit with a Red Shell, and then I'm inked.....and I finish in 9th place. No matter how much you break a way and no matter how the lead, you are still never in a comfortable lead. While this is great for the casual game (My mother-in-law beat me TWICE) for the hardcore gamer it's very week. Luckily, you can turn items on/off, but still sometimes you feel you were cheated out of a race. The other issues it speed, this game feels SLOW! Even at 150cc, it just doesn't ever feel fast enough. Again, for the casual crowd this is probably good, but I was dissapointed.

Overall (4)

-Will this replace Smash Bros as the greatest Wii game yet? No way. However, the game is great. Please don't take my review negative. This game is wonderful and I LOVE playing. Like I said, I played hours and hours last night. The best part, like Warrio Ware and Wii Sports before it, I had my whole family playing. It's accessable to everyone and I haven't met someone that didn't enjoy playing it. Are their gripes? Yeah, and their always will be, but that doesn't change how great this game is. You have all you expect, 32 tracks, Grand Prix mode, Battles Modes, 4 Player Local, 2 Player Co-Op Online, Rankings, etc. It's packed. Mario Kart DS is still the Difinitive Version of the game, but the Wii verson adds a lot of fun for the Casual Gamer and a steller online component!

neo

Edited by neolego

I got an email from Amazon saying they'd shipped my copy of GTAIV last night... YAY!

So far i've only seen reviews that praise it like it was the second coming...

IGN gave it a 10... something they almost never do. Oddly this makes me more nervous than if it had just gotten a 9.X score.

T.

I got an email from Amazon saying they'd shipped my copy of GTAIV last night... YAY!

So far i've only seen reviews that praise it like it was the second coming...

IGN gave it a 10... something they almost never do. Oddly this makes me more nervous than if it had just gotten a 9.X score.

T.

hit me up when you get up and running online with it TBT .. im thinking me you.. a night of boozing it up.. hitting a comedy club.. and wrap it all up with some boobs.. :P