UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

hit me up when you get up and running online with it TBT .. im thinking me you.. a night of boozing it up.. hitting a comedy club.. and wrap it all up with some boobs.. :P

That indecent proposal is probably best kept in a PM, Vash! :lol:

its tim.. he knows how i feel about him :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hit me up when you get up and running online with it TBT .. im thinking me you.. a night of boozing it up.. hitting a comedy club.. and wrap it all up with some boobs.. :P

That indecent proposal is probably best kept in a PM, Vash! :lol:

its tim.. he knows how i feel about him :lol:

:lol:

*gruff manly voice*

Sounds like fun Vash. You're on it's a Man date! :lol:

Anyone else want to come out on the MMMV stag tour of Liberty city?

T.

I'll probably get the game AT LEAST BY MAY 26. Yes I know it is a long time away.... but I choose to put school in front of games even if it is GTA. The multiplayer looks amazing as well as the rest of the game. I have been noticing that many websites are making GTA 4 the first 10 they have given. See you later in Liberty City!

I'll probably get the game AT LEAST BY MAY 26. Yes I know it is a long time away.... but I choose to put school in front of games even if it is GTA. The multiplayer looks amazing as well as the rest of the game. I have been noticing that many websites are making GTA 4 the first 10 they have given. See you later in Liberty City!

I got an email from Amazon saying they'd shipped my copy of GTAIV last night... YAY!

So far i've only seen reviews that praise it like it was the second coming...

IGN gave it a 10... something they almost never do. Oddly this makes me more nervous than if it had just gotten a 9.X score.

T.

once I get my 360 I'm in.

I was wondering if you can move your live id to multiple consoles? Like can I have it on my 360 at home but if I go over to a friend's house can I use it on his as well?

Quick question about GTAIV, who has the best version or price or is there a better version. I've seen the commercials and hope the graphics are little better in the faces, but it looks like fun :D Give me some feedback, so I'm not 3-6 months down the line playing the game and can convince the wife I need new game. Help me MMMV, your my only hope :P

once I get my 360 I'm in.

I was wondering if you can move your live id to multiple consoles? Like can I have it on my 360 at home but if I go over to a friend's house can I use it on his as well?

Yeah, go to recover profile it takes a couple of miniutes and you have to do it every time you use a different console like if you go to your friends house and recover your profile you will have to recover it when you get home. Hope that helps.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Yeah, Wallbreaker is correct. You can do it, but it's a PAIN (unless you have the Keyboard!). I tried it because I have two systems in my house, one in the Living Room and one in the Bedroom, but having to do that several times a day is just too much. So, I just use one and created a new file for the other!

To Donster: From what I've read/heard the graphics are slightly better on the PS3. There is less pop-up and smoother edges, but that being said there isn't enough to really make a difference unless you are looking at them side-by-side. I will say, that the Downloadable Content is worth way more on the 360 than less pop-up, so I still feel the 360 version is the strongest, plus Xbox LIVE is the only way to play online. Of course, you are asking someone who detests the game and will never buy it, but hopefully that will help ;) ! neo

GTA IV is the best video game I've ever played. Ever.

I couldn't get my wife off of it either. This game is a masterpiece. I barely got any sleep last night.

I seriously wonder how many people are going to be at work today. I think a lot of people are going to have the GTA flu.

To Donster: From what I've read/heard the graphics are slightly better on the PS3. There is less pop-up and smoother edges, but that being said there isn't enough to really make a difference unless you are looking at them side-by-side. I will say, that the Downloadable Content is worth way more on the 360 than less pop-up, so I still feel the 360 version is the strongest, plus Xbox LIVE is the only way to play online. Of course, you are asking someone who detests the game and will never buy it, but hopefully that will help ;) ! neo

Neo: I think Don is actually asking What store has the best deal or freebie thrown in?

Don: Not really, it's such a big seller that no one is going grazy with deals so it's pretty much of a muchness really.

JP: Yeah I got to play last night for a few hours and it's a lot of fun, manages to feel like a GTA game but at the same time very different. It's a Shame you're on PS3 though as most of us from the verse are on 360 I"m hoping on rounding up the troops for an online session sometime.

T.

I read somewhere that you can transfer your profile using a memory card from console to console and that’s easier than doing the recover. Has anyone done that?

I read somewhere that you can transfer your profile using a memory card from console to console and that’s easier than doing the recover. Has anyone done that?

Actually, I haven't heard anything about that, but it would be easier. Crap, if that was the case I would be pretty pleased. It's time to do a little research :). I'll let you know what I find! neo

I couldn't get my wife off of it either. . .I barely got any sleep last night.

Hey now!

Just wanted to chime in that I played some Mario Kart a bit over the last few days, and it is awesome. But I hate driving those damn motorcycles on the mine-shaft stage. The slightest miscalculation in a jump, a turtle shell hits you at the wrong time, or if a guy bumps you the wrong way, and you fly off into oblivion. After that, you pray that the computer gods will smile on you and give you a Bullet Bill in the question mark instead of that useless f'ing golden Mushroom.

Still, great game!

I got my copy today and have played for around 5 hours. I haven't tried the online yet, but I'm up for some multiplayer at some point. Just drop me a PM when its being organised, or invite me over live when you see me on.

ShadowSpartan12 for those that don't have it.

Neo, we have a memory card just for moving GAmertags. It's fast and easy and WAY better then retrieving.

What kind of card do you need to have?

Neo, we have a memory card just for moving GAmertags. It's fast and easy and WAY better then retrieving.

What kind of card do you need to have?

xbox 360 has special memory cards made only for the 360.. you just copy your profile onto the memory card and either do what i do and leave the card in the xbox allllll the time and take it with you when needed.. or have a copy of it on both the hdd and the memory card.

So.....

I got to play some GTAIV last night with some friends online, we only played the freeform type play but had the whole city open and frankly I had a bit of a video game 'moment' as my buddy swooped down picked me up in a chopper and we sailed out over the city.

It's kind of hard to describe that feeling when you realise that you and your buddies are bombing around shooting driving and flying around a city that has all of it's life going on and you have total freedom to do/go go wherever.

The controls are a lot more tight than previous GTA's and although we played as buddies the occasional firefight that broke out was a lot of fun. It's also fun trying to fight amongst yourselves when the police turn up and cause havoc!!!

And this is without even trying deathmatch or any of the team or co-op missions.

I can see this game as being my new online addiction

T.

Well, I thought I'd give you a tip. Those who love getting cheap used games, GameStop has their but 2 get 1 free sale on again right now. Check with your store, but I think they are all doing it.

This is obviously good news for me, as I seem to be the only one in America who doesn't own or is playing GTAIV. So, I guess some old used game will give me something to do until the mass come back to CoD :). neo

I can see this game as being my new online addiction

GTA4

It really is too bad that PS3 and Xbox360 players can't play together online. I haven't tried multiplayer yet ... mainly because I can't get my wife to give up the controller! And she HATES video games.

How do you open up the whole city? Does it open after completing a certain mission?

I had fun just trying to cross the bridge and evading the 9-stars worth of SWAT teams that hunted me once I triggered them. Seeing how long you can stay alive after pissing off the bridge cops is almost a game in itself.

Here is where I am at with the game:

Just finished the mission where I decided if Ivan lives or dies. I really want to get some guns. Am I close?

GTA4

It really is too bad that PS3 and Xbox360 players can't play together online. I haven't tried multiplayer yet ... mainly because I can't get my wife to give up the controller! And she HATES video games.

How do you open up the whole city? Does it open after completing a certain mission?

I had fun just trying to cross the bridge and evading the 9-stars worth of SWAT teams that hunted me once I triggered them. Seeing how long you can stay alive after pissing off the bridge cops is almost a game in itself.

Here is where I am at with the game:

Just finished the mission where I decided if Ivan lives or dies. I really want to get some guns. Am I close?

Amusingly you're one of two missions behind me.

as for the second part of your spoilered question... soon,

Although there is one near where you start just lying around

go search the go kart track by the beach, there's a handgun there.

The rest of the city will no doubt unlock in story mode at a certain point, all GTA's have done this to keep you from exploring everything straight away and getting bored. You can go explore the rest if you want to see everything by going to multiplayer and selecting free mode!

T.

Thanks T.

I found

a baseball bat near the train depot entrance in an abandoned lot. I had to give up my knife that I stole from a gang member I beat up. I'm really itching to try out a gun though.

This is my first Grand Theft Auto game so I'm new to the whole experience.

I know the Xbox is supposed to get some new downloadable content this fall, but what exactly will that entail? Any ideas? Does Rockstar ever release "expansion" packs for GTA? I know this might be a dumb question ...

Thanks T.

I found

a baseball bat near the train depot entrance in an abandoned lot. I had to give up my knife that I stole from a gang member I beat up. I'm really itching to try out a gun though.

This is my first Grand Theft Auto game so I'm new to the whole experience.

I know the Xbox is supposed to get some new downloadable content this fall, but what exactly will that entail? Any ideas? Does Rockstar ever release "expansion" packs for GTA? I know this might be a dumb question ...

I'm guessing that the DLC would be like a set of downloadable missions or "episodes". Rockstar has not released and Content for any game yet. There has been fan-based mods for the PC verrsions though. There is ONE thing RockStar did to San Andreas, and that was to remove the "Hot Coffee" mod/gameplay. I will NOT go into further explanation, so you can go find out about it yourself. As on more of a GTA Note, there is a chance that I ight get the game over the weekend. Looking forward to LIberty City online with you guys!