UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Just thought I'd post something for those of you who aren't getting in some last minute H2 games before September 25th.

If you're looking for something to do in the coming weeks I suggest:

-Bomberman

&

-Puzzle Fighter

Both classic games they've finally made their way to XBLArcade.

Puzzle Fighter just came out and even though Bomberman came out a month ago, this last week it got upgrades in the form of new maps, games types & outfits.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cute pic Clay. ;):D

It's true. Microsoft isn't done with the license (Halo Movie, Halo Wars & Halo Interactive-something or other thingy) but this IS the last chapter in the story of Master Chief... :(

there should be a halo spin-off and dose that mean no movie film

I want them lol. Yeah my link was kinda old and I stole it from another forum.

How would you use the sword? Strange.

Also I added you on Live earlier Nestle so please accept it.

Alright Guys, I'm close. We are on the 10th level, playing as the Arbiter, where you have to defend yourself outside against a bunch of Brutes. We got on the Ghosts and fly into a deadend where there are two huge tanks and gunfire from everywhere. We died 3 times. We played for most of the day, so we decided that would be enough for now. Anyway, we are almost FINISHED! Just 3 more levels. I'm excited and I'm loving it. My only complaint, if there is one, is that we don't get enough HUMAN AMMO. I mean, I know that logically you will not find a bunch of Human Ammo on an Alien Weapon or Planet, but I like using the Sniper Rifle and Shotgun. I don't want to use some stupid little laser! :P. But, that aside, it's still AWESOME! Just a few more weeks!

Also, I will echo that Bomberman on XBLA is sweet........even though I completely suck! I would have to recommend Worms on XBLA way over anything else though, 4 player battles online RULE!

Also, on the subject of Halo, I'm kind of glad that we are getting an "end" to the Master Chief story. However, MS and Bungie would be stupid not to milk this thing for all that it's worth. Imagine if Nintendo said, after Mario 3, that it was over. There is much that could be done, "Halo Party", "Halo Tennis", and my personal favorite, "Halo Laser Tag" :D. All kidding aside though, I have a few ideas that I think would be really cool. We already have Halo Wars that is covering the Real Time Strategy, but here are a few ideas I'd pay to see:

UNSC

-This would be the title that would take over as the staple of the Halo Universe. Here you command your troop (completely customizable) from boot camp into battle. This would be a FPS, much like what Halo is known for.

UNSC Special Ops

-I would see this as a 3rd person shooter in the vein of Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six. You play as 6 player squads (4 local, 2 computer or up to 6 online). It's team based tactics. All with a HUGE multiplayer element.

Elite Story

-This could be an action RPG, maybe something similar to a scaled down Oblivion. You would take the role of an elite not fit for battle and you would your way through a diverse alien world. You can gain skills and abilities and eventually become the commander of the Elite army.........or the Ruler of the Dark Resistance.

UNSC Vehicle Game

-This one is last on the list for a reason, but I can't help but think about the Scorpian. Dang, I love driving that thing. I think it would be really cool to have a vehicle based game. Have some open area missions where you are defending a fort or attaching a stronghold and then you could have linear missions were you are getting to a specific location. The key would be variety. You need to have two campains (or possible even 3 or 4 if you want to add new races/forces). You need to have various vehicles and objectives. Some you would need to fly from point a to point b and deliver troops or weapons. Some you would need to drive next to a transport and protect it. Some you would need to arm a tank to defend your fort. Some you would need to take a light assault craft into an enemy camp. There are tons of ways to make this awesome, but there is just something about a well made vehicle shooter that I love. Think Star Fox 64 on Sterioid and in HD and it would be awesome!

Either way, I can honestly say we haven't seen the last of the UNSC or the Halo series. With a comic just getting started and a movie on the way, the Games WILL come. If people will buy Mario in knickers, they will buy Master Chief doing anything! neo

I had some similar ideas to them. I love the squad based UNSC ones, although they would be quite similar to the current games. Not that thats a bad thing at all. I'd love a game where you are a Marine as part of an army and fight an Army of Elites and stuff. I mean like on one field or something. That would be awesome.

On another topic, I know its an old game but I have recently gotten into Call of Duty 2 on XBox. I love FPS's and WWII games. This is an excellent example of both! It's quite good on LIVE too, but barely anyone goes on it on XBL now with the newer one out. When I finally get a 360 CoD3 is high on my list, aswell as Gears of War, Bioshock, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and of course Halo 3.

Mostly good picks Dan. GoW, Bioshock, and Halo 3 are all MUST OWN. Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a fanboy game, but it's one of my favorite games of the current-gen (not that I'm a fanboy ;) ). As for Call of Duty 3, let me warn you that it's not made by the same people. In fact, Infinity Ward (Call of Duty 2) commonly refer to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 3 because they choose not to acknowledge Treyarch's work. I'm not saying that CoD 3 is a bad game by any stretch, but just a fair warning. If you are expecting a game as awesome as CoD 2, you will be disappointed.

All of that being said, you NEED to add Call of Duty 4 to your 360 list. It's going to be one of the best of the year - you have my word! neo

Just a few more weeks!

Also, I will echo that Bomberman on XBLA is sweet........even though I completely suck! I would have to recommend Worms on XBLA way over anything else though, 4 player battles online RULE!

Really its only 3 weeks untill Halo 3!I need to get preordering :P or else I will miss out :(

I might end up getting Worms or bomberman soon.

Bwahahahahaha!!

Welcome to the addiction Neo.

I have a game too that I dubbed Halo:ODST, but I'll have to talk about it later.

As for the "human weapon thing." Another comment I've heard a lot about is that Bungie went really overboard making new covenant weapons in H2. Because of that, they needed to show off all the new stuff which is why you see them so much more.

Don't worry though. If what I've seen is true you'll spend a good portion of H3 on earth so there should be plenty of shottys to go around. ;)

Oh and I took your advise about worms.

My wife and have been playing it & Bomberman/Puzzlefighter. :D

I want an Elite instead of my old pro console.But I don't have the money to buy/trade a new Elite :(

Maybe I could inter one of thoose scratch-off things or maybe the Florida Lotto :blink: Although I might

be underage <_<:angry:

I want an Elite instead of my old pro console.But I don't have the money to buy/trade a new Elite :(

Maybe I could inter one of thoose scratch-off things or maybe the Florida Lotto :blink: Although I might

Iheard the elites are designed for HD enthusiest or somthing like that :down:

they only reason to get an elite is the hdmi port.. and thats still a debatable issue... as for the larger HDD... youre better off buying the larger HDD seprately

OK gang, Halo 3 is fast approaching and I have to ask, where is everyone preordering or purchasing from? I've noticed some folks have some specials, but I'm wondering who has the bang for your buck offer? I've never played Halo, but I hear good things and plan on picking up the predecessors for the 360. But I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on this.

anyone here like megaman?i made 6 minimates that were megaman,proto man,pharoah man,spark man,skull man,and fire man(not that lighter shaped guy)but my camera battery died :( i was thinking of getting anniversary collection today,does anyone think this is a wise choice?it comes with 10 games.i love the original games.out of 1-10 what do you think it is??reply back