UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider wave

TM2 Dinobot

If I see this wave on the shelves I would pick it up but I have to agree with alot of ppl that this set is very bland and just doesn't catch the eye. There is only one mate in the whole set that isn't generic looking and thats the GR mate itself and even that one is very very close to the one released already.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The variant for this wave ranked right up there with J Jonah Jameson. It was just Ghost Rider's body with Johnny Blaze's head. That probably didn't help move a lot of cases either.

I think these would have sold better if all the minimates had hands that were pointing at something. Then people would have been able to better associate it with the movie.

I'll still get them when and if they come out, but I still believe that the "movie mates" would be better served as box sets rather than a whole series of 2 packs. I just believe that casual collectors would be more likely to pick-up a box set (as a "one-drop" purchase) as opposed to simply getting the main character set (for example:Ghost Rider) and leaving the rest to collect dust. It seems more logical to me to condense the supporting characters (and generally less appealing) with the sure-fire sellers rather than spreading the line thin.

Cdubya's probably got a point, as I think the only reason DST wants to make movie mates at all is hopes of drawing in average customer as opposed to those who have been following the waves. The problem is that the X3 wave was nothing to write home sbout, and these are fairly uninteresting to the average eye and the movie they're based on was not nearly cool enough to make up for that. It's almost amusing, they made these hoping to draw in new customers, when it took DC Direct's mates to make them realize you make more money giving the fans what they want. If they'd released a wave of new comic characters instead of these I doubt they'd have any of the troubles getting them into stores these are having.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the real question now is "Will we ever get them". Doesn't look too good. While not thrilled about the set, I was actually looking forward to some of the parts and replacing my Danny Ketch with the Movie version (unless a true 616 Johnny Blaze GR is ever produced!).

I was hoping for them. I thought they looked cool. I, too, was thinking they would be good for civilians. I really wanted the accessories though too. I hope they come out soon. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that it got cancelled cos everyone hated it. I quite wanted some mates from there, including that damn hat!

I am not the biggest GR fan but I still wanted this wave simply becaue it was new minimates! I was quite irritated that this was cancelled becasue I did want the Caretaker a lot and the other figs weren't bad at all I guess people just don't have as much interest in mates based on the movie.

• 1 year later...

You have become one of my favorite internet people Rob. I'm sorry that you were wrong.

but I am doing a little happy dance. My son, who is going to be 4 next month told me "Daddy, be quiet. I'm watching Noggin. you're silly daddy." because of my happy dance. no big deal, just saying. :)