UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

im not sure if i like that idea, honestly id really like to stick with charities for people, but thats my opinion

Global warming affects everyone on the planet...how is that not about people? :blink:

good point! i like the cause, how about we make inviroment friends, who each have powers of an animal

(i call owl!)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not like historical figures im dieing to see and abe licoln mate

Now that's an idea I like.

Problem is, finding a good charity to match it with.

I think it's all in how you word it. It could be something like Charitymates: From the Past; For the Future and still benefit the Carbon Fund.

why not like historical figures im dieing to see and abe licoln mate

Now that's an idea I like.

Problem is, finding a good charity to match it with.

I think it's all in how you word it. It could be something like Charitymates: From the Past; For the Future and still benefit the Carbon Fund.

Now that's thinkin'!

I just wanted to add that you all are doing such an awesome job. I haven't been popping up as much due to my lack of funds. Its painful to see things you want, and you can't get them. :) However, things are getting better, and I'm really looking forward to the auction!!! The customs have just blown me away!!! Everyone involved deserves a giant pat on the back.

The next charitiy idea is great too!!! I'm a big fan of the ASPCA, and the work they do for animals. That might be a good use for the animal thing.

yeah,so does everybody think that historical peoplesounds good,but we have to all do zombie ones of that person cause most likely everyone we'll do will be dead plus that will throw in some spice cause not everyone wants a martin luther king jr minimate, they want a Zombie martin luther king jr minimate,plus that way we can sell them in two packs easily

Hey Lobsterman...hands down my favorite of the bunch, I'd really like to get a closer look at the faces(I think I prefer the scowl ) excellent detail on this Yeti!

I guess you better get bidding, then.

I keed, I keed. :)

Here are the original illustrations for the faces. I kind of prefer the scowl, too.

yetiface.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, Nervous. I like your vampire quite a bit, too. Are those wings original sculpts? Pretty slick.

Just amazing. Wow

i wonna make gorge washington

As a Canadian, I have zero interest in making customs of American presidents. If the project we did decide to do featured historical figures I hope that the scope would be widened to include people like Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Malcolm X...and so on.

yeah,so does everybody think that historical peoplesounds good,but we have to all do zombie ones of that person cause most likely everyone we'll do will be dead plus that will throw in some spice cause not everyone wants a martin luther king jr minimate, they want a Zombie martin luther king jr minimate,plus that way we can sell them in two packs easily

And we've kinda covered the zombie thing with this project haven't we? I'd be way more keen for a whole new theme and a whole new charity.

i have an idea but its a shot in the dark,how about we make daily heroes,like cops,firemen,judges,spies,doctors you know stuff like that since i made a zombie cop and how dante x mentioned that we could pair up martin luther king with zombie martin luther king,but daily heroes instead.but thats just me

I personally like the environmental superpowers idea... maybe it's just the hero nut in me.

Okay, Fujis, what if we did famous Canadian Prime Ministers instead? "Pierre Trudeau, with pirouette action!" :D Historical figures could be fun, I guess. It might be nice to have the proceeds from that benefit some sort of educational charity.

And, yeah, the zombie thing is starting to lose its novelty for me, as well.

The whole zombie thing, to me is good..... BUT...not EVERYTHING has to become a zombie.

Like I said before, we still have Plenty of time to decide what we want to do for the next project.

I also think it might be a good idea if we kept this particular thread about the current Charity project so it doesn;t get too cluttered.

Maybe in say a month or so, we can start a new thread for the next possible project and get ideas then.

just some thoughts folks.....

Not to be a downer or anything, but why don't WE ALL JUST FINISH UP with the Monstermates for blood charity first. I'm all for another charity, but let's keep THIS thread going for our current cause. If you all want to brainstorm the next charity project, somebody should start a new thread. It'll just cut down on the unnecessary clutter concerning the MMFB charity.

So... Fujis... what's going on now?

01) Are we still waiting on those bio cards for our respective mates?

02) Has a decision been made as how to sell the mates on eBay? Pairs? Singles?

03) Has a decision been made as to how long the auction will last? I'm guessing a standard week?

04) Has a decision been made as to how much bidding will start at? My vote is to start @ $9.99. Forget the buy now option.

05) When you have received all the mates in the mail, how soon after will you start to posting auctions?

06) Fujis, just wanted to say "thank you" publicly. You have really done an outstanding job organizing the troops here at the forum in regards to the Monstermates for blood charity. It was a selfless act on your part and a lot of people will benifit from all of your efforts. My hat is of to you sir and I would be honored to be on any future minimate projects of yours, be for charity or contest. Count me in. ;)

Fujis, just wanted to say "thank you" publicly. You have really done an outstanding job organizing the troops here at the forum in regards to the Monstermates for blood charity. It was a selfless act on your part and a lot of people will benifit from all of your efforts. My hat is of to you sir and I would be honored to be on any future minimate projects of yours, be for charity or contest. Count me in. ;)

Yes, I agree, Thank You for all the work you have done organizing and putting this thing together!

I had a lot of fun and now that I have more free time, I'm really looking forward to up coming collaborative work like this ^^

-Kiyo

Like I said before, we still have Plenty of time to decide what we want to do for the next project.

I also think it might be a good idea if we kept this particular thread about the current Charity project so it doesn;t get too cluttered.

I just figured we could start brainstorming now since it took us awhile to decide everything for the first project. But if people want to hold off that's fine me with.

Not to be a downer or anything, but why don't WE ALL JUST FINISH UP with the Monstermates for blood charity first. I'm all for another charity, but let's keep THIS thread going for our current cause. If you all want to brainstorm the next charity project, somebody should start a new thread. It'll just cut down on the unnecessary clutter concerning the MMFB charity.

So... Fujis... what's going on now?

Are we still waiting on those bio cards for our respective mates?

-JPapasso is busy with school projects at the moment but I imagine he'll be posting something regarding the trading cards soon. They can't be finished until after I receive and photograph all of the customs though. And regardless, I don't think I'll wait to list the customs until these are complete and sent to me. That could add weeks to our timeline. Hopefully woever ends up printing them can also send them to the auction winners.

Has a decision been made as how to sell the mates on eBay? Pairs? Singles?

-People seem to be comfortable with both ideas so I think I'll stick with selling them individually in two waves listed one week apart.

Has a decision been made as to how long the auction will last? I'm guessing a standard week? Has a decision been made as to how much bidding will start at? My vote is to start @ $9.99. Forget the buy now option.

-I was going to stick with the standard seven days and since they're being listed individually I was going to start the auctions at $4.99. I think the problem with most custom Minimate listings is they start too high and scare off bidders. Much better to start low and get multiple bids I think. And I wasn't planning on using the BIN feature.

When you have received all the mates in the mail, how soon after will you start to posting auctions?

-As soon as I can after receiving and photographing them.

Fujis, just wanted to say "thank you" publicly. You have really done an outstanding job organizing the troops here at the forum in regards to the Monstermates for blood charity. It was a selfless act on your part and a lot of people will benifit from all of your efforts. My hat is of to you sir and I would be honored to be on any future minimate projects of yours, be for charity or contest. Count me in. ;)

This project was only a poorly formed idea before I presented it to the boards and thankfully the members here helped to shape and create a project that might even endure. I couldn't have done anything without the selfless contribution of the artists and everyone who has been positive about the project from the start. It has been said before but this forum has the best members online bar none!

MINI-MYTE: having the support of one of the best Minimate customizers means a lot to me. You have always been ready with a helping hand and I appreciate that. Here's to the next project! :highfive2:

Kiyohime: You're skills are quickly overshadowing mine and I'm regretting ever teaching you my secrets! The student becomes the master indeed! But seriously, thanks for your help and it's always a blast making customs in the "workshop". ;)

Fujis: Brainstorming is a great idea for the next project, I just wanted to keep things organized for each one. :)

This really has been an amazing experience with a great group of people collaborating together for a very worthy cause. We have come up with a very good selection of spectacular Customs, and I have to honestly say I am very proud of everyone who is involved with this project. Such a great job by everyone and it has been an honor to work with you all. I truly can't wait for the next project to come along.

Many thanks to you Fujis, and to everyone else as well!

I just received four more customs in the mail (with a fifth waiting for me at the post office). The ones I got today are punisher's Invisible Man, jcastick's Cyclops, Nervous' Dracula & Demon, and Shamrock's Mummy. Awesome work guys! These customs look even better in person.

So that means that 5 customs are still en route. I'm going to start taking individual pictures this week and I'll snap a few group shots once I get them all together.