UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

Thanks for the compliments guys and MM - I don't even know what to say! Seeing your Zombie up close, not to mention all of the amazing pieces people have created, made it very clear to me that I had to produce something special for this project. The customizers on this board are inspiring, incredibly innovative, and generous. I think we all deserve a pat on the back! B)

Clayface: I am always amazed that you are so young and yet you are creating some amazing Minimates. Keep at it!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg! such amazing work! everybody! I love every entry so far! i have a feeling that this is going to be one successful project!

nervous- did you make those wongs are are they from something? excellent work!

clayface- :o you dont read!

wow, thanks for the kind words guys, like fujis said, after seeing the amazing job everyone did, i just had to give it my all, and make something amazing. you all have been so inspiring and even though i dont post much i still look at every new custom you guys come out with. This project with out a doubt is going to be very sucsseful. exellent work all around to everyone, you will defiantly have my bid.

Good job clayface. Are you a big H.P. Lovecraft fan?

no im 11 i dont really "read"its video games for me,but the reason i like this creature is the game call of cthulu dark corners of the earth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Cthul...rs_of_the_Earth

I got that game for my Xbox a few years ago. I liked it quite a bit and there were talks of making more of them. You should check out the movie Dagon (if it's ok with your parents). It's rated R, but the are some familiarities between the movie and the game.

Here is my Oni:

th_OnibyKiyohime.jpg

I made it, just under the wire, I guess it doesn't really matter since I don't need to mail it anywhere ;)

It's a 2.5" figure, Grishnakh's head with a full hair piece, side burns and horns sculpted out of Milliput, the pecs and belly are also sculpted with Milliput and the loin cloth was taken from Legolas. His weapon is on its way from Brick Forge. I'll take a new photo when it gets here.

Everyone's customs look amazing, and after seeing Mini-Myte's zombie in person, the paint job is just breath taking! Can't wait to see the rest :)

And now it's time to stop procrastinating and get back writing papers... ^^;;

Fujis....can I start pm'ing you bids now? :D

That depends on which piece you want and how much you're willing to pay... ;)

So the creation side of things being almost complete I wanted to ask for people's input on how we should go about listing the customs on eBay.

What I was thinking is that we would sell the customs in pairs - the main reason behind this is I wanted to avoid a scenario where certain pieces earn more than others. I know that's inevitable but I don't want people to be discouraged or hurt that their custom didn't sell for as much as someone else's, especially considering that you have all gone out of your way to help out with the project the last thing I want is for anyone to walk away from this with bad feelings.

Let me know what you guys think.

...and the loin cloth was taken from Legolas.

Damn that Orlando Bloom, always dropping his knickers!

Pairs sound better than an entire boxed set. I think pairs will fetch more $$$ in the end than ONE boxed set.

Fujis: How many people have yet to post a finished custom? How many have you received in the mail?

How many people have yet to post a finished custom? How many have you received in the mail?

I think everyone has mailed out their custom MM but so far the only ones I have are yours and Kiyohime's (and mine of course).

pairs do sound good, but then what if some body only wants one, but the bid is too high do to the fact that there are two in a set?

That would be unfortunate but that's likely to happen. The fact of the matter is that with such high quality work and the charity aspect of the auctions the price for these customs might be pretty high. I would love for people to be able to own the ones they want but at the end of the day this is about raising money for America's Blood Centers and hopefully other charities in the future.

two things,can you post a link to these when there up, and secondly, what will be the starting bid? oh and will there be a buy it now?

I will post a link to the auctions once they're listed and as for when they'll go up that all depends on when I have received them all. And I wasn't planning on using the Buy It Now feature, I was going to start the opening bid at $9.99 to encourage people to bid.

Wow, I completely forgot that I was making one. I'm working on it right now and will mail it out tommorrow. What is the cut off date to receive them?

I wondered why I hadn't heard from you yet. :P

I'd love to have all of them in hand by the 17th at the very latest so I can photograph and list them during the following weekend.

Wow, I completely forgot that I was making one. I'm working on it right now and will mail it out tommorrow. What is the cut off date to receive them?

I wondered why I hadn't heard from you yet. :P

I'd love to have all of them in hand by the 17th at the very latest so I can photograph and list them during the following weekend.

No problem, he is almost done already. He's a bit different than the average looking minimate. Hope everyone likes him. I'll post a picture tommorrow.