UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

HOTDAMN!!!

That Viper's a thing of beauty. I want one so bad...

Any specific kit(s) that you used, or was it mostly partsbox built? Regardless, we need to see a ton of detailed pictures so we can all make our own....

Seriously... Thank you Graham for giving me a bright spot in this dreary working day.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOTDAMN!!!

That Viper's a thing of beauty. I want one so bad...

Any specific kit(s) that you used, or was it mostly partsbox built? Regardless, we need to see a ton of detailed pictures so we can all make our own....

Seriously... Thank you Graham for giving me a bright spot in this dreary working day.

Thanks, it was mostly built using every decent white brick I have, so Im a bit gutted I can't make another :P The decorated bits on the side are from the Jedi Starfighter set, and the cockpit is from an X-wing. I think I went on Brick Link a while back and ordered all the decent parts I could possibly need. I'm going away for a few days but when I get back I'll try and put up pics of a couple more views.

Thanks, it was mostly built using every decent white brick I have, so Im a bit gutted I can't make another :P The decorated bits on the side are from the Jedi Starfighter set, and the cockpit is from an X-wing. I think I went on Brick Link a while back and ordered all the decent parts I could possibly need. I'm going away for a few days but when I get back I'll try and put up pics of a couple more views.

Ok, so you're familiar with Bricklink, does that mean you're so well versed with legos that you could makes plans so I can feed my sick fan boy needs and build several of my own vipers. by the way I FRAKKIN love that viper. Any chance we might see a Raptor or a Mark VII Viper?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not patient or good at explaining enough to produce comprehensive plans, but if you have a specific question just PM me or post in this thread and I'll try my best to help. Here's another picture of the Viper cockpit detailing.

S1032054.jpg

This will probably be my last Galactica spaceship, as I'm all out of decent grey and white bricks now :P . Anyway, here it is, the Raptor.

Raptor3.jpg

It can seat two Minimates, with room for a couple more standing. It's a bit of a tight squeeze to get people through the door, so I usually have to take the roof off. Just one seat up front, so it's not really to scale. The only special brick I used for this really was the window from one of the newer Slave I's, upon which I painted the detailing. I also painted on the air vents on the top of the wings.

Raptor1.jpg

Other special features include a spinnable front cannon, a small flip-open front hatch (which reveals another gun of some sort) and an opening side door. The panels just below and behind the cockpit window also flip open and have a bit of engine detailing inside them, although that's not shown in the photos.

Raptor2.jpg

Next up is a custom I've been desperate to do since I first saw the Spider-man 3 Minimates ages ago.

ClarkKentSuperman.jpg

The first jacket is from one of the 24 box sets, the second jacket and hair from SM3 Peter Parker. The Clark Kent with glasses head is from my original Clark custom, whilst the rest is either painted or normal DCD Superman parts. The background is a cheap display stand I picked up from a pound shop. It's actually quite well detailed.

Sorry the pictures are really small, my computer has been playing up of late and can't handle anything much higher resolution.

Finally fixed my Hawkgirl like yours (though, my hands aren't the steadiest, so my black lines came out thicker than I wanted... :( ).

Finally caught up with Smallville through the end of Season 6, so your Justice League is so much more cooler now.

And, totally stealing that Clark Kent idea...that is just too awesome!!

I'd love to see your Hawkgirl TENIME, it's always good to see someone else's take on an idea.

Some more new stuff here. Below are House and Wilson, from the TV show House, apparently. I've never seen this show, these were comissioned. The designs are based partly off photos and partly off MikeKinD's designs.

S1032063.jpg

S1032062.jpg

This was the first time I had really tried to capture the likeness of a real person in Minimate form (the Smallville ones I was a bit less careful with) so I would greatly appreciate feedback. The heads and torsos are painted, the hair on both is sculpted at the front (I cut the front off a generic hairpiece and take it from there). House's jacket is from a 24 Minimate and his cane is from Kingpin.

Below is Admiral Cain with Fisk, a quick BSG custom. The head on Fisk is from the 24 season 2 4-pack. I had a spare Cain so painted the white trim on the uniform red, since I didn't fancy my chances painting the blue shoulder logo again.

S1032067.jpg

Here are my BSG Raptor and Viper pilots. From L to R: Hotdog (SM3 Eddie Brock head and Peter Parker hair), Crashdown (think that's Captain Blackhawk's head), Starbuck (with CAG Starbuck head), Apollo, Helo, Boomer and Kat (head and hair from that woman in the 24 season 2 4-pack).

S1032066.jpg

Nice, TENIME. I always like your backgrounded photos. I'm not sure if these new customs will get missed in the ToyFair buzz or viewed loads because everyone's hanging around MMMV anyway :biggrin: but here we go... Agent 47 from the game 'Hitman' - another commission based on something I have never seen/played. This way I get to try out new characters that I wouldn't otherwise, which is fun. The shirt and head are fully painted (as an aside, could anyone tell me why he has a barcode on his head?), the jacket from Bruce Wayne, the guns from Captain Blackhawk and the lighting from Photoshop.

Hitman.jpg

In the OAFE Review for Power Girl, the reviewer suggests how the chestpiece could be improved. I think they Photoshopped their image, but mine's done the old-fashioned way by hacking off the bottom half and painting the detail onto the torso beneath. I did actually come up with the idea of using Starbuck's hair before reading this review, as it happens. Black Canary and Zatanna were in desperate need of an update, so got more or less a full repaint (Black Canary's hair is from SM3 Gwen Stacy). Still not happy with the faces, but it's an improvement. Below that you can see the battle of the top hats, with my Penguin repaint. The legs are from Kingpin, the hat and coat repainted in his more traditional colours.

BirdsofPrey.jpg

I love the Agent 47. :P

The barcode is there because he is a clone, and all the clones have those on them, so scan in and tell them apart. It was also used in the first game to get into a certain room, where he scanned his head in.

The other customs look good too!

• 1 month later...

It's been a bit, but here's another new one, none other than Count Dooku himself. I quite enjoyed making this one, although it took me about a week to find my red Lego lightsabres. The cape is modified from M. Bison's, the hair is fully sculpted and the lightsabre hilt is also modified to fit into a Minimate hand.

CountDooku.jpg

Hey Graham,

Cool customs!

I like your Smallville customs,to bad they didn't think of making these for the market cus I so would have bought all these, especially one with Kara.

As for new custom...Good job!

I like how you did a the details,nice minimate all around.

You what's funny though, before I saw your custom, I was thinking that Gamora's cape would make a good start for a Count Dooku custom.

BTW Did you use an M. Bison skirt?

Dooku is brilliant! Nice work. Makes me want Star Wars mates even more now! Any plans for more Star Wars? Original Trilogy perhaps?

This was just a commission, so I don't have any plans for any more, although it was quite fun to do so I wouldn't rule it out. I just bought the classic trilogy on DVD so maybe that will inspire me for some more!

AJV - Thanks, forgot to mention it was M. Bison's skirt, but facing backwards.

These have been finished for quite a bit, just never got round to posting them up. This image is potentially spoilericious, so I'll put it up as a link rather than a picture.

BSG Cylon Skinjobs

- Six was painted more or less from scratch, except the head from Invisible Woman, the dress from Gwen Stacy, and the hair from Caprica Six.

-

Leoben Conoy

is all standard Minimate, the chestpiece and hair are sculpted.

-

Simon

is made form one of the 24 Minimates, minus the hairpiece.

-

Brother Cavill

is Powerhouse Spider-man torso, Bruce Wayne jacket, training Rocky legs, one of the heads from the Rocky 1 set and Deathstroke hair painted grey.

- Boomer is straight out of the box.

-

Aaron Doral

is Chameleon, with Helo's head and Hawkman's hair.

- D'Anna is straight out of the box.

SixandLeoben.jpg

Edited by Graham

• 4 weeks later...

The latest batch have been finished. Firstly some more Batman universe characters.

Scarecrow - I sculpted the mask and hat piece over Deathstroke's. Not quite settled on what head to have underneath yet. The belt is Iron Fist's and the hood piece hanging over his torso is sculpted. This was originally supposed to be Scarecrow from Batman Begins but I changed to a comic look halfway through.

Two-face - Hair sculpted over Hawkman's, face based on Blue Beetle's. The jacket is from Patch and the gun is a Brickarms one.

Commissioner Jim Gordon - Bruce Banner's hair and coat, Jack Bauer torso, legs and feet, Captain Blackhawk pistol and a face extensively painted over Hawkman's.

Ra's Al Ghul - based on his appearance in Hush. The legs are from Sergeant Rock, torso and arms from X3 Juggernaut, head based on Wildcat and hair from Wolverine. The belt is from Iron Fist and the sword from a Pirates of the Caribbean 3 action figure.

Oracle - has Caprica six body, Gina head, Harley Quinn hair, Robin arms (sleeves painted black) and legs and feet form Rocky. The wheelchair is obviously Professor X's.

Jason Todd - based on his appearance in Hush (I will sort out a mask for him sometime). The hair and belt are from Ultimate Wolverine, the face based on New Avengers Captain America and the hands and coat are from Punisher.

S1032751.jpg

S1032752.jpg

I slightly modified my Colonel Tigh, giving him an eyepatch to match his later appearances in the show.

S1032749.jpg

My WW2 Ultimate Captain America. This was inspired quite a bit by Mattallica's excellent custom, so credit where it's due. I used a Sgt. Rock helmet, BSG dress uniform torso, Sue Storm shield holder arm attachment and the belt from one of the Indymates. The face mask, torso straps and shield are sculpted. The gun is a Brickarms one, purely because I couldn't find Sgt. Rock's machine gun at the time.

S1032754.jpg