UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

On 11/23/2023 at 2:36 AM, Navaan said:

Hmm. You had said Firefly had not made it in yet...

So...

Flint, Jaye, Zartan, Serpentor, Mindbender, Shipwreck and Gung Ho as the seven I named. And if it's 2 Joes, 2 Cobras, the Major Bludd is then one I missed.

Not quite there, but I may not be helping when I say things like "Firefly hasn't made it in yet..." :) 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not quite there, but I may not be helping when I say things like "Firefly hasn't made it in yet..." :) 

So, is that wrong? Shoot.

Um. 

Flint, Jaye, Gung-Ho, Shipwreck.

Serpentor, Zartan, Mindbender, Firefly?

Zach, you seemed to have enjoyed Mindbender, and he was big in the cartoons back in the day, so if you guys are focusing on arcs, he makes sense for Arise, Serpentor, Arise. And guessing Gung-Ho, but Spirit would also be a good shout out. I think you guys would need to pay extra for Sgt Slaughter, so not adding him to the mix.

But I am 'sure' on Flint, Jaye, Zartan and Serpentor. 

What if...

Flint, Jaye, Zartan and then Tomax or Xamot with parts to make the other twin?

And if not doing Serpentor or Shipwreck... hmmm. The below had 'seven' right (Flint, Jaye, Zartan are for sure,if the Twins, that makes five). Bludd had been missed in my first attempt at brainstorming...

As for sets 3-5, Imma still support Flint, Jaye, Zartan, Shipwreck, Spirit, Serpentor, Firefly, Mindbender, Stalker, Zarana, Gung Ho, the Twins and the Dreadnok trio of Buzzer, Torch and Ripper are the big, important ones.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, ApexPredator said:

Anticipation is killing me. How long till we get reveals

We may not have any news until Spring, but I'm not sure how they're announcing con exclusives next year, which these will most likely be. Fingers crossed. 

On 10/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Nervous Rex said:

This is what definitely got me back...Was bummed a little by the Cobra Commander that was released because it wasn't this version here..... Only because this is the one I've wanted for close to 20 years now, must've made at least a dozen customs of him over the years, always this version... I'll more than likely get multiples of every single release. How long before Pimp Daddy Destro, lol

But seriously, I have wishlists of lineups that will be fun to dig out and go back through again.

Top 3 wants as of now, could name 50  without blinking...

1.Gung-Ho V1 (with Dress Blues at some point)

2.Firefly

3.Starduster

Someone has to be pretty happy now that Starduster has been revealed to be coming out for the G.I. Joe Classified line. I believe that I had pretty much stopped collecting G.I. Joe by the time he was released.

I wish the G.I. Joe Minimates would pick up steam and that we would get more than 2 sets a year. These were announced back in early 2001 and we have only got four sets in that time with only 9 characters out of all the G.I. Joe characters there are out there. I hope 2024 looks better for this line.

6 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Someone has to be pretty happy now that Starduster has been revealed to be coming out for the G.I. Joe Classified line. I believe that I had pretty much stopped collecting G.I. Joe by the time he was released.

I wish the G.I. Joe Minimates would pick up steam and that we would get more than 2 sets a year. These were announced back in early 2001 and we have only got four sets in that time with only 9 characters out of all the G.I. Joe characters there are out there. I hope 2024 looks better for this line.

It took them 22 years to put out the first set and you're complaining that we didn't get a third this year? I'd say that second set came out pretty quickly considering. :D

Does this mean Godfather, Rocky 3 and Bruce Lee are still coming?

16 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

It took them 22 years to put out the first set and you're complaining that we didn't get a third this year? I'd say that second set came out pretty quickly considering. :D

Does this mean Godfather, Rocky 3 and Bruce Lee are still coming?

That's what I get for posting at 3 in the morning, combined with the fact that I am old and going blind.

• 2 months later...

I was hoping we could get something greenlit for SDCC, but no dice. We managed to pull together TF and TMNT sets, but Joe proved to be a little more difficult. I'll keep fighting. And I am still pushing for a crossover set, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I was hoping we could get something greenlit for SDCC, but no dice. We managed to pull together TF and TMNT sets, but Joe proved to be a little more difficult. I'll keep fighting. And I am still pushing for a crossover set, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

So are Series 3 and 4 still happening?

On 2/19/2024 at 1:56 PM, DSTZach said:

We managed to pull together TF and TMNT sets, but Joe proved to be a little more difficult. I'll keep fighting. And I am still pushing for a crossover set, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

Hi Zach! When you say crossover, do you mean Transformers vs G.I. JOE? And Power Rangers vs TMNT? 😁

i'd be all over these especially if they did the story line from WW2.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Man, the WWII story with Joe and TF was awesome. But no. I'll keep you guys posted if we go forward with it. 

i own a page of OA from that one and was just showing it off last weekend.  it was so damn well done.  i imagine that would not be what you go with.  they should reprint it though -- if memory serves that one was not collected into trade and if it was it was super rare.

i give up on uploading images but i went ahead and uploaded a crappy picture to comic art fans:

https://www.comicartfans.com/my/SketchbookPieceDetail.asp?Loc=G&Piece=1997656

On 2/20/2024 at 3:16 PM, DSTZach said:

Trying to make the figures happen in some format, but probably not as a boxed, carded Series 3 and4. 

Thanks for continuing to advocate for this line! It’s definitely the minimate line I am the most excited about unless of course LOTR comes back to minimates. . . 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @DSTZach I was reading back and was confused; are Series 3 and 4 still happening, or are they up in the air? Or is it this crossover set you were talking about being the one in the air? Because if you do a crossover, Old Snake and Marissa Faireborne would be top notch.

Hmm. I could probably do an Old Snake custom, now that I think about it...