UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NEW Target Rolling Stock!

AdyCarter

DPCI: 087061165

Apparently the case breakdowns are 8 per case with two different sets in each case. They also seem to have two hanging shelf spaces at the few Targets I saw, so that's good for visibility. I went to a store that said they had 8 on the computer and the storeroom person said they only had the two AXM sets. I went to another Target that is bigger and the computer said they had 16. They weren't on the shelves again so I had to ask for them using the DPCI number since they toy sections in my hometown in the Bay Area are still recovering from the holiday season. I didn't bother asking what the other sets were. I think the case breakdowns kind of suck since if a store gets one case and it's not the one you want, then you're screwed.

If anybody noticed, a couple of interesting name changes in the variant Sentry and Luke Cage's names. On the back, it says Vault Escape Sentry where it was known as Raft Sentry in the regular series and Luke Cage is now Powerman.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

storm 1:08 Posted Today, 07:11 PM

DPCI: 087061165

Apparently the case breakdowns are 8 per case with two different sets in each case. They also seem to have two hanging shelf spaces at the few Targets I saw, so that's good for visibility. I went to a store that said they had 8 on the computer and the storeroom person said they only had the two AXM sets. I went to another Target that is bigger and the computer said they had 16. They weren't on the shelves again so I had to ask for them using the DPCI number since they toy sections in my hometown in the Bay Area are still recovering from the holiday season. I didn't bother asking what the other sets were. I think the case breakdowns kind of suck since if a store gets one case and it's not the one you want, then you're screwed.

If anybody noticed, a couple of interesting name changes in the variant Sentry and Luke Cage's names. On the back, it says Vault Escape Sentry where it was known as Raft Sentry in the regular series and Luke Cage is now Powerman.

so ur saying that there are "powerman" and sentry two packs at target?????????

I don't like the new packaging. Maybe it's just the pics that are here, but they look really odd with the figures on the bent part of the box. It's nice that they're hangable now, but otherwise, badly designed.

The new figures look awesome. You can never have enought DareDevils, and Ghost Rider looks pretty cool too. Are the dots on him as shiny in real life as they are in the pics? They look almost chrome in the pics here.

I kinda feel the same way. I'm glad they are on pegs, that way they are seen better and not forgotten/trashed as much. The design is not great and they should have reverted back to the blister on card. At medium height you can see the left minimate pictured but you can't if it's high up which I think is a major flaw in the presentation and they look a little stretched too. I don't know about you, but looking at the actual minimate is better than a picture.

As for GR, the dots are silver but aren't as shiny as they appear because they are small. The light up-close makes them appear more shiny because of the reflection.

I found them today. I just got DD and Ghost Rider. Also Kitty and Beast. I'm glad that I didn't buy Kitty on eBay. YAY. Love what they did on Daredevil. Massive improvement from the original. On an other note I saw the 8 inch Spiderman figs. Punisher looks decent but at $20 there a little expensive. :P

Every Target (and Walmart...and Toys'R'Us) I've been to in the past four or five days are still bare and torn apart from Christmas, and they all seem to be clearancing a bunch of crap (emphasis on crap), and setting up new planograms - though, nothing's hardly on the shelves anymore.

Plus, all I ever found was the Wolvie and Iceman packs. The new, sharper Iceman is cool, but I would like the Blue Suit Professor X, and I need two pairs of Nightcrawler hands for a very old, very unfinished custom...

(Not to mention, I'm still lacking the 12 & 13 variants...)

Well, I'm thrilled at the news these are out there. They look good and it at least hints that there is still hope for Minimates to do well in a non-specialty based mass market like Target. I am definitely going to resume hunting as I must have the new Daredevil/Ghost Rider pack (who am I kidding I'll buy them all if I see them). I'm not super optimistic about finding them at my local Target since they never got in the GSX packs or the Wolverine/Iceman case either. They just keep restocking the Fantastic 4 two packs again and again.

OK, I have read the whole thread and am so confused that I need someone to clarify whats going on???

1) When the 4 packs were announced, the marvel knights one was never released right?

2) Are all 4 of these available in the two packs (the knights pack)?

3) Is it only these 4 that are different to anything released in waves 12 and 13???

4) Could someone update the definitive list with all the target variants for stupid people like me???

Thanks

Will (s.p.d.)

Stopped by Target today and managed to score the Daredevil/Ghost Rider two pack. I was really shocked to see these at my local Target, because I also never saw the GSX series. However this time there are three full pegs of new Minimates! I guess having the shelves somewhat picked over from Christmas gives them a need for space filler. Whatever the case I was very excited to get this two pack.

See Answers, hope this helps. Any questions, ask away.

OK, I have read the whole thread and am so confused that I need someone to clarify whats going on???

1) When the 4 packs were announced, the marvel knights one was never released right?

A: Yes, they were never released

2) Are all 4 of these available in the two packs (the knights pack)?

A: No, only Ghost Rider and Daredevil. Assault Punisher/Blade who were also to be in the 4-pack were previously released anyways (Wave 9 and Previous Target Rolling Stock), so it doesn't matter.

3) Is it only these 4 that are different to anything released in waves 12 and 13???

A: Spider-Woman (New Face) and the Ghost Rider/Daredevil packs were not released in 12 & 13. The new face Spider-Woman was previously offered only in the New Avengers TRU 4-packs

4) Could someone update the definitive list with all the target variants for stupid people like me???

A: Lurch will be updating the list soon, I'm sure ;)

Thanks

Will (s.p.d.)

I just returned from my local target and was told that all the new toys would be out in a week or so. hopefully they bring out these new minis, especially since i picked up the last 2 two packs they had for 2.98 each :) sweet deal, but 1 pack was sue richards and uglyhouse thing and his hip joint broke off ala nightcrawler. oh well, i already have this one anyway. i did get a pack of classic storm & cyclops though :) which is cool cuz i didn't have storm yet, and there aint nothin wrong with an extra cyclops. with any luck i'll have a ghost rider, DD, kitty and beast next weekend. keep your fingers crossed :P

oh, and all the darktide 4 packs are on clearence for 7.48. maybe these will finally sell too.

BS

I just got these today. Really nice pics, and I think having them hanging on hooks rather than the tiny boxes is a great idea. I think the boxes were too easily overlooked.

Want to hear a crazy story about the TRU Avengers 4 pack? I picked one up and instead of getting Spider Woman I got a Dark Phoenix instead, WITHOUT the fire accessory! At first I thought it was some variant, but it looked like someone broke the tape seal, removed Spider Woman, and replaced her with a spare Phoenix. I was royally cheesed.

I really dont like that second version of spider woman that came in the TRU packs, The coloring on the face just seems off, I like the first one so much better actually bought a loose one on stuckakid a week or so ago so I could take that the one from the tru 4 pack down

of those who have found the GW/DD two pack, what part of the country are you in? did you get the x-men wave?

I'm in IL chicagoland and have seen all of the target GSX waves and the new GR/DD wave as well

If someone needs this new GR/DD wave I should be able to get them for a bit the previous ones sat for a long time I would do some leg work for any trades from my want list