UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Looking at TENIME_art's pictures of Robot Heroes has given me a question...

What is it with the recent Primes and the Family Guy Evil-Monkey-That-Lives-In-Chris-Closet pose ?

First it was the Titanium 3" War Within Prime, then it was the Titanium 3" G1 Prime and Battle Damaged Prime and now it's the Robot Heroes Prime...

ab06wwc16.jpg

Dodgy stuff indeed...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it started with Takara's PVC of Prime; I believe that figure was meant to be imitating a scene from the cartoon. And for some reason, the pose has caught on for most of the non-transforming Primes.

Didn't think about the PVC releases...

Although it has to be said that i actually hate this pose. What's he supposed to be pointing at ?

Give me a bent elbow and clenched fist anyday...

I think you just sold me on the rest of the Real Gear toys, Tenime.

I love them all. All except Power Up VT8 (the PSP/Gameboy-like thing). I don't like his robot mode. If anyone wants him, he's been transformed once into robot mode, and once back. As near mint condition as he can possibly be. I still have the cardboard backer and instructions. $5 plus shipping.

I love when people who owe me money actually pay it...

Grabbed Robo-Vision Prime on sale at Target:

prime1.jpg

prime2.jpg

Every Target I walk into is a mess. They barely have any movie figs (this was even before the sale), and the shelves are destroyed. Yet, Meijer, TRU and Wal-Mart pretty much had everybody in nice, organized setups...

Starscream at Meijer:

starscream1.jpg

starscream2.jpg

and Bonecrusher at Wal-Mart:

bonecrusher1.jpg

bonecrusher2.jpg

Amazing pics there, TENIME, I especially like that 'go-for-your-guns' pose you have Optimus in. I just may borrow it for mine. :D

But like other people, the new Jazz was the prime reason (pun intended) for my visit to Toys "R" Us on Saturday. And they were having a 3 dollar off sale on the Voyager line too, gotta luv it. Now, I want me a Starscream, especially after seeing those amazing pics of yours. That scene of him in the latest trailer looping up onto the building and landing in bot mode sold me on him completely. I didn't really like the Protoform version of him, but the jet version in the film, wow....

If anybody read IDW's "Hearts of Steel" then this auction may interest you...

Pretty nice sculpt as it goes. Would have liked to see some official figures released to go with the series...

Hey I just opened my classics voyager class jetfire and the funniest thing his rubsign sticker thingy is decepticon. I was thinking that it was an accident but it a bit of a coincedence considering jetfires history. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody else had transformers with the wrong stickers on them?

Hey I just opened my classics voyager class jetfire and the funniest thing his rubsign sticker thingy is decepticon. I was thinking that it was an accident but it a bit of a coincedence considering jetfires history. Anyways I was just wondering if anybody else had transformers with the wrong stickers on them?

Damn, that's cool. Hehe, naw Jetfire is supposed to be an Autobot. That's really cool though.

That's funny. I havent checked mine.

That's a cool remix, better then most I've heard (and I've heard them all :D). Hey, have you seen the vid where Soundwave

? It's amazing, and the best part is when he ejects Frenzy to join in. :teehee:

Mmmm, Tele Beast Wars Volf Fang

Mmmm, I loves me some BWX. Have Dinobot yet?

No, I only have Megatron (because I skipped the Robotmaster release), Cheetor (He makes a pretty kitty with the white under spray) and Volf Fang (because he's a new character and colorscheme).

And now Tigatron's tempting me too...

Dinobot's nice in robot mode, but I don't really care for his "stripes" in raptor mode. A shame really, other than those he looks like an awesome toy.

On an up side, the Robot Heroes box set, all the bots are repaints and Mirage is clear! :D

I can't wait for my Walmart to get mine (I used site to store).

Hmm, do you have to pay for it first?

Yeah, It's just like a regular order, but they ship it to the store instead of your house. It's the first time I've tried it, so I'll see how it goes and if I'll ever use it again :P

I'm still on the fence about Optimus. Can someone who owns both the Voyager AND Leader version please give me some Advice. I'm not a completionist when it comes to Transformers. I'm only get the main cast of the movie and I only want 1, definite version of the cast. I do not want multiple versions of the figures, so I've bought them all except for Optimus and Megatron (I held off on Megs because I want the same class as Optimus). So, any help would be great. Picture Comparrisons would be even better :D. neo

I know of a large portion of Transformers fans who prefer the Voyager sized Prime (more specifically the Robo Vision deco). I, however, prefer the Leader sized one. Those who like the Voyager one better point to the rear wheels literally danging off of Leader Prime's thighs as their major grievance with the mold. To me, though, that's not too bad. I can deal with that more than I can the Voyager Prime's fake chest. After you move all of the semi truck parts out of the way on the Voyager, you end up with a very round and organic looking chest and upper legs. To me, that just doesn't fit in with the rest of the robot mode that uses the semi truck parts.

But, maybe the cost will have more of an impact for you. If you just want one Prime, Voyager Prime is definitely good enough to fill that hole for about half of what the Leader costs.

As for Megatron, there is a Voyager of him coming out as well, although he's covered in ice. And I can't really help you decide between Megatrons, because I don't really care for either :P

I had the choice between Voyager and Leader Class Optimus Prime...I chose Leader Class and i haven't looked back on my decision since...

He's awesome in all the right ways, looks excellent in both robot and truck mode and looks totally cool in amongst my 26 other Optimus Primes...