UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

I'm really tempted just to sell mine, especially with the new Screamer coming out. I doubt we'll see a real TC, considering I was able to pick up as many Skywarps as I wanted for $15 a pop at Walmart.

For those of you who haven't seen them yet, here's FoC Bruticus. I knew they were coming ahead of time, so I'm kinda like "Why are y'all freaking out?" as people are freaking out. :P

3bd4db46.jpg

6fe749cd.jpg

32a36e8f.jpg

b5d96cee.jpg

ccbafeeb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the igear Thundercracker.

DSC_0265-1.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

Looks great K80. Is the igear 'cracker the same size as the MP skywarp and starscream? Looks that way.

Yeah, that Bruticus could be truly bad-ass, and a real steal compared to, say, a more G1-y TFClub version. So, I may have to go for it.

Webhead, they are precisely the same size. In fact, iGear ripped off that mold almost completely. The only real difference is a mod where the "hip kibble" is gone, replaced by the more streamlined look of attaching that part directly to their leg (it slides up when in robot mode).

Good deal. I was gonna get a generations thundercracker but will pass now and consider tracking on of these down. I really wish the igear prime was a bit taller. The new MP mold is just too expensive.

Oh and in case you missed the announcement- there are going to be 40 new Generations figures in 2013.

And that's not counting FoC Prime, Shockwave, Jazz, and all 5 Combaticons...

Did I mention all 5 combining Combaticons.:banana::buttrock::bunny:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So my awesome brother-in-law the other day hands me a bag and says I was going through some old toys and decided I didn't want these anymore so here you go. Inside the bag were 9 vintage Transformers, ranging from really good condition to well played with but all AWESOME!

Included were

Six Shot (the best condition of all of them)

Jetfire (much whiter then the last one I had which was very yellowed)

Camshaft

Trailbreaker

Overdrive

Sunstreaker

Seaspray

Cosmos

Topspin

There are few things I love more in this world than free toys! (especially vintage toys)

• 3 weeks later...

Well BotCon came and went. And there were some neat annoucments from it and all. And a the now usual ton of third party promises. But browsing around some sites' 3p galleries, and seeing all the varies KO Arcees that have been made it really hit home to me why I haven't been tempted to get any of them. Because even the most G1 looking ones don't actually look like G1, they look like Classics/Generations. They're all was too proportional, too articulated, too... modern. Not a one would look good on your G1 shelf alongside all those Autbots who feel lucky if they have shoulder and elbow articulation, and star with jealousy at Blurr's posable legs. I want a G1 Arcee that's a much a brick as Hot Rod, Springer, Kup, and the other movie cast members. I want an Acid Storm and purple Decepticon Warrior made from the original diaclone jet mold. An Impactor with a transformation not much more complex than Go-Bots Tankor, and with spring loaded forearm hand launchers.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Classics/Generations style. It's the toys we thought we had when our imaginations brought the Transformers to life. But I want more of the toys we actually had, flawed as they were, clunky as they seem today. Those are the toys I fell in love with, and that is the style I wish one of these 3rd Party guys would bring back. They'd get my money at least.

They look like Gundums to me, not G1 Transformers. YMMV. I'm thinking more along the lines of a retooled Blurr, or something that fits in with the "we're running out of diaclone molds" asthetic of the 1986 wave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:jawdrop:

I'm going to need a better job.

MP-13 SOUNDWAVE! Was seriously considering breaking the bank on that upcoming third party version, hope the official one turns out even better.

My Transformers obsessed friend (where I get most of my TF news) told me today about that Soundwave and I jumped for joy (literally, sad but true)!

I really hope they revisit megatron now. Many people clamor for G2, but, Japan never had G2 Megatron. I like him being silver anyway. A tank would be fine, or a gun. The MP they have just, wasn't quiet right. He was top heavy, awkward transformation, know to break.

Now that they re-did starscream and are doing soundwave, megatron just feels like he could use another. They seem to really be cranking out the MPs now.

Blame Congress.

US Toy Laws still prevent a mass market Megatron that transforms into a realistic gun. Ridiculously undersized pea shooters are apparently okay. So with 0 chance of it coming to the US market, or even being shipped here without contraversy, a real G1 Megs is unlikely.

Galvatron would be a great choice all things considered.