UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

And then there would be a great pushback from that segment of Transfandom the seems to feel that Transformers belong to them and resent Has/Tak's "ruining" the product by "foolishly" "catering" to kids.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm note sure if Hasbro won't be that flexible. Remember in 2004 there was no way in Hell anyone would ever buy reissues. I mean, are fans crazy? They're bricks and no one wants them. But there was enough pressure and they tested the waters with TRU and the Golden age was born.

Also, they've had 3 blockbuster movies. Put the legality aside for a moment. When you're dealing with BILLIONS of dollars on a property, you suddenly have the ability to look beyond the insects.

Clearly you missed the HUGE clampdown the last few years on folks selling Chinese KO's on ebay. Hasbro has the right to defend their property, so far they've been lenient. But believe me, there it a line and this "Lightning" character may cross it. I would hate to see Hasbro become Disney (who will sue you at the drop off a hat if they think you're infringing on them).

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't like Transformers Prime in the beginning but I stuck through it. The last quarter or so of episodes were much better. I loved Megatron he made the last couple shows. Hope they make some figures.

They need to quit teasing and release these to stores. I've been over all pleased with the cartoon, (not Animated happy, but pleased) but my boys love it and have been chomping at the bit to buy them.

My only gripe is I can't believe how bad he's doing voice acting for Optimus. He talks so slow and methodical it's like he's got no emotion at all. It's better the last episode or 2 but I just don't get it.

That's because it's an animated version of Bayverse all the way around.

No, that's not fair. You can see the robots and the show more or less makes sense. Given that those are the only requirements, however, I would still rank it lowest of the shows, even below AEC. And I loath Cybertron. I can't believe this show has a confirmed 5 seasons. I also con't believe it's been on longer than MLP which is in its second season, and Prime is just not finishing up episode 25. Talk about milking a goat.

I will get Arcee and Starscream figures however. Not sure if I want that classic looking Arcee or not. I demand a Slipstream repaint of Screamer however. NOW.

Yeah at least you can see their faces. I think the designs are a decent compromise between the bayverse and other animated series. At least they are using the original voices for Optimus and Megatron. I still don't like the designs of starscream and soundwave...he's worthless. I did like the nod to Wheeljack though. I just wish Prime talked more like a normal bot and not a montone recording.

Actually, Prime is suppossedly linked to the War For Cybertron game and what Hasbro is calling their "United" continuity. I'm guessing they call it that because it "unties" elements from so many other versions. Exactly how the differences between some characters, like Soundwave, will be explained, I have no idea. Although when asked, Prime producers simply said Soundwave's behavior is odd, and he can speak if he chose. Implying that SW is playing at something.

I think you're being harsh, TM2, but then that shocks no one. ;) Yeah, Prime's too stiff, and Miko needs to be slapped. But for the most part the over arcing story is interesting, and the dialogue doesn't make my ears bleed hearing it. Unlike most of AEC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, I want that game. Played WfC to death, despite it's flaws. Ready for round 2. Just hating waiting until next fall.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was at TRU yesterday hoping that they had wave 12 of minimates there and I was going down the SW/TF aisle and I saw one of the TF Universe 25th anniversary box Voyager Class Inferno (the Red Fire truck) on the shelf and thought to myself that that was strange because that came out a few years ago so I figured it had to be on clearance so I went and scanned it into the price checker and BAM 2$ that's right two dollars!!!!! Man I love it when I find a great looking toy for a killer price that I would never have bought before but thought was super cool and wanted to buy.