UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

There's a couple of smokestacks listings on there right now, for anyone looking.

There's also plenty of Primes, but they sure ain't selling for $35 anymore. I like the brighter cartoon colors on the "DVD edition" one best I think, so now I just need to find a couple hundred dollars lying on the street and I'll be all set. <_<

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just got Arcee in the mail :)

Next to Grimlock, I think she's the best Animated fig in the line, in terms of looking great in both forms. The paint on her is really strange, it looks like they mixed a bit of glitter into it, but it's subtle, so you'll just catch a bit of a sparkle if the light hits her in a certain way. I'm glad she made it out before the line went belly up...

I'm glad she made it out before the line went belly up...

In a perfect world, they would have finished into production at least what they'd prototyped out. Rodimus, Blackout, Wasp, even the planned Ironhide repaint/new head redo of Cybertron Ratchet, and Deluxe Cliffjumper. But it wasn't to be I guess. Shame. At this point, I'm just praying that season 3 eventually makes it to DVD. (not holding my breath though)

I can't imagine season 3 not coming out. I mean I know there's licensing issues, but we'll freaking revolt!

Unfortunatly, ya slag spountin' 'saurian, Hasbro and CN have been asked about it, and they duck the question. The imression some who have asked is they are kinda acting like if they ignore it long enough, the questions will go away. Yeah, that trick always works with fandom.

I'm glad she made it out before the line went belly up...

In a perfect world, they would have finished into production at least what they'd prototyped out. Rodimus, Blackout, Wasp, even the planned Ironhide repaint/new head redo of Cybertron Ratchet, and Deluxe Cliffjumper. But it wasn't to be I guess. Shame. At this point, I'm just praying that season 3 eventually makes it to DVD. (not holding my breath though)

I actually think we'll be seeing all of the above, except maybe Cliffjumper, by the end of 2010. B)

I have a MP Optimus Takara version it's the one that came with the trailer. Anyway I had it for a while and I've always had a problem with the chest his left side doesn't click in as well as the right and it tends to open if he's handled. I understand this is a common problem and I was wondering if somebody that maybe frequents tf forums could post a link to somewhere that could tell me how to fix it. Thanks :)

My Hasbro MP Prime's front stays open on one side, too, but I just ignore it.

Anyone interested in the FansProject Springer that's coming soon?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/o...-images-169366/

Looks pretty dang awesome to me, very faithful to the G1 cartoon version. I'm tempted.

No. I'm more into the Bruticus sets. I avowed to kick the habit when I sold my Classics collection. Without that there's no reason to have everything. The occasional TF does me good not that Animated's dead. :(

Though I am interested in the fan made Masterpiece Prime and Megatron that are smaller and in scale with Grimlock and those bloody Seekers. MAN i hate the story with those.

BotCon set this year is G2. I'll be mildly interested to see what we get.

What's the story with that Bruticus? I saw some parts on sale on BBTS, but it seemed really expensive for what it appeared to be--basically $50 each for two smaller figures with some hands or something (though I guess Springer isn't a significantly better deal).

What existing figures do you need to make that work? Because I LOVE me some combiners, and if they are gonna make this one G1 accurate, then I might just have to buy.

I saw this:

4394545795_7cb7274e4b_o.jpg

earlier today, and was thinking that I would pay $400+ for an MP Devastator. Easy.

Wow.

That's just a thing of beauty. And you could probably buy it too.

If you won the lotto. (actually winning the loto would be the only way I could possibily justify spending that kind of money)

Sadly, if I sold off all my Hot Toys figures, I probably could buy that! I just wish Hasbro would stop it with the cheap looking crap, and give the fans of 80s stuff more high quality, Masterpiece-type fare. There is a market for it, and it can be done--just look at all the great customs out there. But no, we get saddled instead with cheap, lazy-looking junk like this (which, I have inferred, is what you need to go along with those fansproject figures in order to produce a genuinely good-looking, though still a bit cheap-ish toy).

Edited by karamazov80

You do realize that Menasaur is CGI, right? It's comprised of Classics figures and GF Prime, not Masterpiece. Just thought I'd point that out.

The good news is I picked up that Bruticus for like $12 on clearance. You can easily find him for $20 shipped.

Well, it obviously isn't a Masterpiece figure because it isn't official, and I did see that it has classics figures included, but did not think it was CGI. When the guy posted on the forum where I saw it, I assumed it was real. It looks real. But apart from that, I was trying to suggest that if we ever got anything that size with that level of quality, it wouldn't be considered Classics/Universe, because that Target Bruticus is the kind of thing that we get from that line.

Speaking of which, I looked on eBay and haven't seen that crappy Bruticus for less than $40-50 at this point. Can it be found somewhere other than eBay? Guess I'll go check out the BST threads on TFW. . .

You do realize that Menasaur is CGI, right? It's comprised of Classics figures and GF Prime, not Masterpiece. Just thought I'd point that out.

Might not be. There are a lot of Primus and Unicron parts mixed in. And there's one or two TF customizers that like sticking led lights in the combiner heads. There are several sweet looking Devastators out there using CR and GF Construction vehicles. And if it's a real custom, then you could probably commission one... but it would require a small bank loan for something kit bashed to that degree. I don't know, it looks really similar to one I saw on the tw2005 custom galleries. You could be right though.

And Sam, if there were really enough hard core, high end 80's collectors, then that Alternators line would still be going on. And MP Prime, and Skywarp wouldn't be on clearance. Problem is two fold, there aren't that many of us, and the ones that do exist are all darn picky about everything being "right". Not that there's a consensus about what "right" is. Every time Hasbro tries, they manage to get something "wrong", and it for whatever reason shelf warms. And both sides walk away frustrated.

Just finish my darn Classics seekers at retail (two more to go please), throw in a couple more missing G1 car guys, and I can 'retire' happy... well maybe more 'relax' than 'retire'... and more 'pleased' than 'happy'... but you get the idea.

And Sam, if there were really enough hard core, high end 80's collectors, then that Alternators line would still be going on. And MP Prime, and Skywarp wouldn't be on clearance. Problem is two fold, there aren't that many of us, and the ones that do exist are all darn picky about everything being "right". Not that there's a consensus about what "right" is. Every time Hasbro tries, they manage to get something "wrong", and it for whatever reason shelf warms. And both sides walk away frustrated.

Perhaps you're right. I reckon we should be thankful that any MP/Alternators figures exist. . .though I think the recent resurgence in TF interest with the movies could really move some Alternators-type toys.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, my frivolous use of the BBTS no-initial-cost pre-order policy cost me heavily today. I had 2 of those Springers in my pile for some reason, and got charged $170-some-odd bucks today for it. Yeesh. I immediately removed them from my pile, but I can't send the money back to my checking account without a charge. So, at least I won't have to pay any extra money for my Minimates for awhile :lol:

Chompah-Face? Dat Menasor? Yeah, it aint CGI. Toughd it looked fa-mill-yar. Ya can check it an' da rest of dis guy's stuff at http://www.frenzyrumble.com/