UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Game of Thrones (HBO) Discussion ~no book spoilers allowed~

Zak Katz

I just got around to watching it last night after spending a day reading headlines but avoiding spoilers about the "twist."

I guess the twist only applies to those who've read the books because exactly what I expected to happen happened. Anyone who's watched the show should not be the least bit shocked.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, "twist" is not the right word for that. Ramsey was, sadly, in character. I swear, if he is still alive at the end of this season I may boycott this show.

LOL

C'mon man, without great villains how will you know how heroic everyone else is?? You can't have a Hulk Hogan without Roddy Piper! I thought it was a terrific show, minus the badly choreographed fight, which was jarring given the consistently high quality of the show across the board otherwise. Bronn got cut by the sword of one of those damn snakes, which to me is possibly much worse than the Sansa scene, because Bronn > everyone else.

Yeah, "twist" is not the right word for that. Ramsey was, sadly, in character. I swear, if he is still alive at the end of this season I may boycott this show.

LOL

C'mon man, without great villains how will you know how heroic everyone else is?? You can't have a Hulk Hogan without Roddy Piper! I thought it was a terrific show, minus the badly choreographed fight, which was jarring given the consistently high quality of the show across the board otherwise. Bronn got cut by the sword of one of those damn snakes, which to me is possibly much worse than the Sansa scene, because Bronn > everyone else.

So... Sansa's scene = Roddy Piper smashing a coconut over Jimmy Superfly Snuka's head, while on Piper's Pit

... I'll allow it..... but i agree, I want him to be dead ... soon ...

So... Sansa's scene = Roddy Piper smashing a coconut over Jimmy Superfly Snuka's head, while on Piper's Pit

Now don't take my words out of context here. I mean, Ramsay's a fiend, no doubt, but he's got a long way to go before he's at "smash a coconut on Superfly"-level bad.

We need someone to have a "kick through the Barbershop window" type of heel turn here at some point. Sam on Jon Snow maybe?

Of course the show needs villains, but Ramsey is something else entirely. I don't want to see him get his comeuppance, I want him to die so I don't have to see him anymore. There is nothing about the character or the performance that is remotely entertaining. Just be done with him so we can move on with our lives.

I don't want to see him get his comeuppance, I want him to die so I don't have to see him anymore. There is nothing about the character or the performance that is remotely entertaining. Just be done with him so we can move on with our lives.

uHfciad.gif

The Mountain was actually at a WWE show last week, sitting next to Stephanie McMahon of all people. There's a rumor the WWE might sign him. I hope he uses a different finisher then the one he put on Oberlin Martel....

While watching Ramsey this week it actually made me miss Joffery. This show is great at producing characters you hate. Could you imagine Joffery at Ramsey's age? It's a good thing he's dead.

Why can't Tommen stop being a little weakling? I know he's young but can he seriously not say "stop them from taking my queen?" LAME. That was as frustrating as when the unsullied were slaughtered by pit fighters. I hate the High Sparrows.

What a shock that Tyrion was captured again. I hope he does get to Dany one day, he's the premiere Hand.

Arya's story is so weird, but I can't wait to see what happens.

Poor Sansa.

HP it's like she's a completely different woman. I agree she's better off brunette.

Can the King really do nothing or is he just ignorant? It doesn't make sense why he won't start a fight to save the ones he loves. LAME.

White Walkers are very scary. Why wouldn't people run away instead of run towards? I would of been Michael Phelps swimming to the boats! Valyrian Steel = Dragon's Glass?

Yay Dany and Tyrion meet at last. I think they'll fit each other very well.

Poor Sansa.

The whole thing's beginning to make sense to me now.

The kingdoms will be united against a common foe; the White Walkers. They'll need Valyrian steel to kill them and dragon fire to keep the slain from coming back. Whoever is left standing will rule Westeros.

The end.

Moving on to Bob's Burgers now.