UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 63: Avengers AOU 2

elhonez

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fault, all the threads are bleeding together for me.

I've asked Shane before if he could pin said pictures to the top of each thread. I think that would prevent people not asking for the same things.

Seriously man, read back a page to yesterday's post.

Need to get my hands on the yays first. But control art soon.

I can't believe I became something I hate...sad day Edited by Zak Katz

It's bugging me that the rampaging Hulk's pants are a different shade of purple from the regular version. Surely it's the same set, or did he swap them out because he knew he was going on a rampage? It's also interesting to see that even his hair appears to be grey.

Regular Vision's Cape looks great in the control art, hopefully it'll be as good upon release. I'm still a bit confused as to why there's two Hulks and two Visions in the same wave, I think it would've made more sense to split them up between the two waves.

A little disappointed that Klaue doesn't have a stumpy arm. The Governor didn't come with one and now Klaue. Still, he looks pretty good. I'm glad we're getting him

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

The second Vision is a one-per-case variant. We did the same thing with Hawkeye in the first assortment, and I'm sure it's not the first chase-variant/army-builder we've ever done.

The Hulk wasn't ready for Series 1, and Grey Hulk was originally perceived to be a distinct variant everyone would want. Even though the movie went another direction, I think casual fans will still want Hulks.

Edited by DSTZach

It's bugging me that the rampaging Hulk's pants are a different shade of purple from the regular version. Surely it's the same set, or did he swap them out because he knew he was going on a rampage?

the Angrier he gets the more that his pants change color, ........well the inside at least yes.gif

The second Vision is a one-per-case variant. We did the same thing with Hawkeye in the first assortment, and I'm sure it's not the first chase-variant/army-builder we've ever done.

The Hulk wasn't ready for Series 1, and Grey Hulk was originally perceived to be a distinct variant everyone would want. Even though the movie went another direction, I think casual fans will still want Hulks.

Oh no, I'm glad the Grey Hulk made it into the wave. I'm disappointed it didn't make it into the movie. I don't want to come off incorrectly.

I'm guessing the Grey Hulk figures are like all the War Machine figures we got for Iron Man 3. Characters that were originally planned for the movie, but eventually got cut out but too late that toy companies had already produced merchandise based on them. I'm pretty glad we're actually getting a movie Grey Hulk though. I think I might be one of the only ones to say this but I'm glad he wasn't in the movie. Grey Hulk is traditionally the Hulk but in control. In the particular scene that he was supposed to be featured in, he was far from in control.

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

I understand why it happened, but having a wave feature two variations of main characters that didn't make the final cut of the movie is not ideal, especially when the army-builder is fairly lackluster.

Assuming that a Hulk who is slightly less green than how he appeared on screen is one of them, what is the other one? Phasing Vision? Did he not phase?

As far as lackluster goes, I like the Hydra guys a lot. Two different guns, two different hats, and I'm actually looking forward to shooting a scene with a bunch of them. But then, I used to love the Arctic characters from G.I. Joe. I can't wait to see what Nervous does with them.

I understand why it happened, but having a wave feature two variations of main characters that didn't make the final cut of the movie is not ideal, especially when the army-builder is fairly lackluster.

Assuming that a Hulk who is slightly less green than how he appeared on screen is one of them, what is the other one? Phasing Vision? Did he not phase?

As far as lackluster goes, I like the Hydra guys a lot. Two different guns, two different hats, and I'm actually looking forward to shooting a scene with a bunch of them. But then, I used to love the Arctic characters from G.I. Joe. I can't wait to see what Nervous does with them.

I'm sure Vision (barely) phased; I don't think he looked at all translucent. I'm open to correction on that point but I'm 99% sure that's the case. I get DST (and everyone else) likes to represent Vision's powers that way and I wouldn't mind getting a figure like that in a comic wave, but with the movie already overstuffed with characters it seems like a wasted slot. Same thing with the HYDRA troops. They look good for what they are and I appreciate DST adding some value with the accessories, but they're incredibly generic and barely in the movie. They aren't exactly bad choices, they're just so far from being necessary that they feel like filler.

Regarding HYDRA Soldiers, I don't think they are filler, however I do wish they had been included in the Blind Bag cases instead of 5 of each Iron Legion.

10 out 18 spots being dedicated to the Iron Legion really killed the army builder potential of that case packout.

Hulkbuster clearly got the bulk of the tooling budget for Wave 63, so phasing Vision was most likely a budgeting choice. It also depends of the reference material that Marvel provided, they may have provided designs for a phasing Vision that never materialized (!) on film, ala Grey Hulk.

I still love the fact that the Minimates line continues to be the most comprehensive product to make it to market.

Edited by youbastards

i personally think it wouldve been cool if they just reissued the maria hill from avengers, she appears the same way in this movie towards the end and it would be a good way for new collectors to get her (unfortunaetly as a variant again, but what are ya gonna do)

Edited by FightTheDead118

10 out 18 spots being dedicated to the Iron Legion really killed the army builder potential of that case packout.

You got that right. I wanted/want to build up my numbers of Ultron drones, and somehow I ended up with an army of the Iron Legion, and an incomplete army at that.

I'm definitely liking the Hydra soldier though, maybe it's the G.I. Joe fan in me as well, but I want to pick up a bunch of those guys for a winter themed diorama. I know it was a decision made in the film and not the 'mates, but I really wish they would just call him Klaw. In a movie with a genocidal robot, a Hulk, a humanoid android and a magic wand Loki Pokey Stick, they think the spelling of the name matters?

And yes, I know that's from the comics. But still, just call him Klaw.