UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2014 pix

Starting a collection with Mysterio in it isn't a bad idea but.... Quicksilver .............? mellow.png

Mysterio's Q score is lower than Quicksilver's after last summer's Days of Future Past. (Not that he got a Minimate.) Quicksilver's going to be even more in demand after Age of Ultron. I know we're talking about comic versions but I'm sure that's DST's rationale.

That and there's a good chance DST isn't allowed to offer a Quicksilver based on that Fox film. I bet they'll have one for Marvel Studios' incarnation, though.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong ....I've always had a love of the character from the moment I read my first marvel comic post-638-0-72681800-1413149140_thumb.jpg ............ironically titled the ' The coming of the Swordsman '

...ironic because I'm still waiting for him in Minimate form . The first Quicksilver minimate only fails from neck upwards just give me a green version with a new head & I'm just fine .

No chance they announced anymore Ghostbuster related mates, eh?

Actually, they did announce more GB mates, they just didn't show any. Go to the Predator thread,there the first post has a link. Click it and it'll take you to a page where it has a pic of a slide-show saying "more minimates" amongst other GB stuff (it's towards the bottom).

YES!!!!!!!!!!! The GBMMA lives on! *working on complete site overhaul*

.... just give me a green version with a new head & I'm just fine .

I'm REALLY hoping that the X-embargo/Avengers Push over the next 12 months doesn't preclude a green quicksilver from being made.

Considering Quicksilver is a shared character between Fox and Marvel Studios, and that you're requesting a comic book version anyway, I don't see a problem offering a green version. Although three Quicksilvers in one year is a bit much. Who knows? Maybe he'll become "Wolverine popular."

I meant to say that people would like to start their collections with the anchor characters I mentioned, but yes, Quicksilver was a breakout character in DOFP and is headed for mega-stardom in AOU. He is now arguably more famous than Mysterio, although still less famous than Rey Mysterio.

If sales in the UK had seen an increase at any point, maybe we'd still be selling them there, but the cost of UK testing is greater than the amount we'd make by selling them in the UK. I don't think even a UK Toys R Us order would cover it.

And the US TRU wood still want exclusive figures, and since they keep the line's sales numbers healthy, and are great exposure for the brand, those aren't going away.

Were gonna make new Ghostbusters MM. Not sure of the timeline, but they'll be neat.

And I don't think "X-Men embargo" is accurate. We have more X-related MM in the works, just not a themed wave. Not sure another comic Quicksilver is happening, but who knows.

I meant to say that people would like to start their collections with the anchor characters I mentioned, but yes, Quicksilver was a breakout character in DOFP and is headed for mega-stardom in AOU. He is now arguably more famous than Mysterio, although still less famous than Rey Mysterio.

Finally, WWE Minimates! I knew they would dump those knock-off Stack down figures and get behind the real thing eventually!

p.s. This was a joke. (Just in case people think I'm serious.)

And I don't think "X-Men embargo" is accurate. We have more X-related MM in the works, just not a themed wave. Not sure another comic Quicksilver is happening, but who knows.

Apologies - i should have edited that out. I questioned the word 'embargo' just after hitting 'Post'. My meaning was more 'break/vacation' given the anticipated slant towards all things Avengers next year. Didn't mean to sound antagonistic. Edited by Nessex

It's undeniable that many if not most of the umpteen images of Quicksilver I waded through before replying to stack32's post have him wearing dark blue or black trunks .....you live & learn . I would never have recalled that fact & I'll go further by saying I didn't recall him having yellow trunks & yellow gloves with his green costume .............

post-638-0-43701300-1413211471_thumb.jpg

Quicksilver's costume was a uniform red at one point, too, as I recall. No trunks.

..........y'see that's a Minimate that almost always has a smile on his face .

Apologies - i should have edited that out. I questioned the word 'embargo' just after hitting 'Post'. My meaning was more 'break/vacation' given the anticipated slant towards all things Avengers next year. Didn't mean to sound antagonistic.

You sounded far from antagonistic. Embargo simply indicated a complete blockade. No blockade exists.

Hey Zach not sure if you can say but do you think we could expect any mates to come from the netflix marvel content anywhere down the line? is that something thats been discussed at all?

Of course it's been discussed. Nothing firm either way.