UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel Title to be announced tomorrow on The View

Zylek

I wonder what new Marvel movie is going to be announced tomorrow on The View? You would think it would be a female character movie for it to be announced on that show....Black Widow Movie? Ms Marvel Movie?

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=17787

Edit: might not be a movie, I guess they only say "title"

Edited by Zylek

WTF? Thor is no longer worthy to wield mjolnir? Angela takes the mantle? Strange to announce a comic on The View....must be a new marketing strategy.

Edited by Zylek

Thor was turned into a woman in Earth X, so it's not that shocking. I like Jason Aaron's writing so I will check this out.

Thor will apparently still be around.... he will just no longer be worthy of carrying Mjolnir. It looks like he will now be armed with the god-killer axe he forged, Jarnbjorn.

unworthy-thor-102795.jpg

jeesus....no wonder girls are intimidated by comic book geeks

for all of those whining about losing Thor, hes been dead at least 3 times before (and hes not even dead this time) and has STILL returned

someone else wielding Mjolnir is NOT a new concept

this IS a marketing ploy, thats how marketing works, you market, if you're smart, you market a lot, if you know a freaking huge demographic that makes up half the population is being neglected or discriminated against by you, you change that, especially if its as simple as giving a female character a tent pole roll in the MU.

the writing is by Jason Aaron and will probably feed into Hickman as well, so you cant complain about the writing unless you were before the announcement tongue.png

also that design is stunning and I love that they arent changing her name

Edited by undeadpool

Discriminated against? I guess I missed all the stories about women not being allowed to buy comics.

The name thing is the most annoying part to me. Thor isn't an identity that's passed around, it's the name of an actual character. If they want to have a woman wield Mjolnir that's fine but it's silly to call her Thor while the real Thor is still walking around.

Yeah, this is like saying someone else is going to be the new Clark Kent. I never considered "Thor" as a legacy role. It's the guy's name.

That said, way back when Marvel's Thor was first introduced, Mjolnir gave Donald Blake the power of Thor. It was more like Captain Marvel uttering "SHAZAM!" to get his powers. Now there's a new person worthy of that power whose identity will be revealed later.

I'm betting she's Donald Blake daughter.