UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I know this guy who might be going to C2E2.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need to, Rob, you can crash with us on the 24th.

I'm flying via Aer Lingus on the 24th so I'm hoping to NOT crash anywhere pray.gif

Not the cheapest but I am partial to Guinness .

You and me both, brother! 2nd round is on me.

Edited by Nervous Rex

I get to drink with Timbo and Beavis in the same place at the same time?!?! Not to mention a slough of other classic MMMV personalites? *Does the Happy Cappy dance*

Cappy is going to be there? *does a shamefully inferior happy cappy dance* (Nothing beats the original, I've seen it!)

I've met a lot of you guys before but this is shaping up to be the definitive & most epic meetup of all time!

T.

So, what will everyone be doing, exactly?

My girl and I are heading into town for the day. We won't be doing the show, but we are meeting up with friends in the Hyatt lobby Saturday night. If there's going to be any chance of meeting some of you guys outside the show floor, give me a heads up, as I'd love the opportunity.

So, what will everyone be doing, exactly?

My girl and I are heading into town for the day. We won't be doing the show, but we are meeting up with friends in the Hyatt lobby Saturday night. If there's going to be any chance of meeting some of you guys outside the show floor, give me a heads up, as I'd love the opportunity.

Minimate Multiverse C2E2 Celebration!

RSVP Here

Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Chicago's Essex Inn

Event Details

This year's C2E2 will feature the largest gathering of Minimate fans ever! In honor of this event, the Minimate Multiverse and Luke's Toy Store are sponsoring a small event on Saturday night at the Essex. There will be appetizers, a place to buy drinks, door prizes, and plenty of room to sit and chat. Customizers make sure to bring a list of the parts you need, as Luke will be bringing over 800 Minimate parts with for sale or trade!

Please make sure to RSVP if you think you might be able to attend. We hope to see you there!

T.

Taxi will be around $40 per this site, which seems kind of low to me...so it may not be correct.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/chicago/essex+inn/Chicago+O+Hare+International+Airport

If you want to take the train, you can take the Blue line from O'Hare all the way into the city loop, and transfer to the Red line at the Jackson stop. Take the Red line south to the Harrison stop. Walk State St. south for 2 blocks to 8th St., then go east for 2 more blocks to Michigan Ave. Essex will be right at the corner of 8th and Michigan Ave. Not sure of the fees involved off the top of my head. I've taken the train into the city plenty of times, and it is convenient. Just make sure you have your route all planned out and you will be fine.

I've never taken the bus from the airport, so can't offer any help there.

ctatrainmap.png

Edited by youbastards

YB,

For your route, it would be $5 for a single ride on the Blue Line from O'hare, and the transfer to the Red Line at Jackson is free. (Not all line transfers are free, many of them require a $0.25 transfer fee). And if you need to get on the Blue Line or Red Line from another other station except O'hare, it's only $2.25 for a single ride.

There are also day passes. ! day is $10 and 3 days is $20. A pass allows you to ride the CTA for as much as you want for the number of days that you purchase.

And those of you wanting public transportation to McCormick Place, the #3 Bus (King Drive) will drop you off right at McCormick Place. It's easy to find. It runs along Michigan Avenue the entire route until it turns off to go to McCormick Place. So just Walk over to Michigan avenue, find a bus stop, and get on a bus that is labeled as #3.