UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nice work, karma!

youbastards

No one's death makes me happy (well, except murderers or child molesters), but that man was extremely unpleasant, and the limits his group would go to would sometimes shock even a hardened cynic like me.

Edited by karamazov80

If this stays friendly and non argumentative, its fine.

I would rather have seen this guy realize his mistakes, than pass away. Unfortunately, he may have infected others. I hope he did in fact go to Heaven or Valhalla, so that he can realize his errors.

I hope his funeral is picketed with signs of peace, love, and forgiveness. (In rainbow colors, of course.)

I feel bad on a human level on of his relatives will ask “please, just leave us alone so we can grieve” not wanting a media circus around a very private moment.

But irony’s a cruel mistress but they didn’t afford anyone else that right and now they’re gonna pay and I can’t wait to see pictures and videos from the protest of HIS funeral! There’s so many assholes on the internet who’ve been waiting for this day. Oh it’s going to be AMAZING!

No one's death makes me happy (well, except murderers or child molesters), but that man was extremely unpleasant, and the limits his group would go to would sometimes shock even a hardened cynic like me.

Yes

Seems to me that its a non event. biggoted Old man dies.

Imo the less attention this bunch get the better.

T.

Yes

I hope his funeral is picketed with signs of peace, love, and forgiveness. (In rainbow colors, of course.)

No. He is gone. As much as I despised the guy, I won't celebrate his death. We should not stoop to his level.

Baghead.
Part of me wants the whole funeral thing to be ignored. If nothing else to prove that people can be better than he was.
I know its a crazy idea in this day and age but does acting as badly as he did make anything better?
Yeah I'm a damn hippy at heart.

T.

I'm not talking about acting badly at all. I'm talking about a quiet, respectful example of what Christianity is supposed to be about. I'm not expecting signs that read "GOD HATES FRED" or "YOUR SOUL IS DOOMED." I've never been down with that Old Testament "eye for an eye" justice.

Rather I'd expect to see signs that read "We forgive you, Fred. Rest in peace."

Rather I'd expect to see signs that read "We forgive you, Fred. Rest in peace."

I doubt anything would have annoyed this guy more than to imagine a bunch of kind-hearted, loving Christians at his funeral.

Well, a gay orgy would probably do it.

I'm in . thumbsup.gif

edit : Update from the gay orgy ....I'm still in wink.png

Seriously ?

I'd not heard of the guy but...... trust me..... speaking ill of the dead, when they deserve it....... is healthy .

.....& BTW never trust anyone who says "trust me".huh.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

TBT!, on 20 Mar 2014 - 13:13, said:

Baghead.

Part of me wants the whole funeral thing to be ignored. If nothing else to prove that people can be better than he was.

I know its a crazy idea in this day and age but does acting as badly as he did make anything better?

Yeah I'm a damn hippy at heart.

T.

Well I looked it up and it looks like he’s not even having a funeral.

Too bad, I would have enjoyed seeing some funny signs.

dr baghead, on 20 Mar 2014 - 16:47, said:

Well I looked it up and it looks like he’s not even having a funeral.

Too bad, I would have enjoyed seeing some funny signs.

Well a couple of years back at comic con they were counter protested by a mob of nerds/geeks with Plenty of interesting signs.

http://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/westboro-baptist-church-vs-comic-con/

T.

An interesting point. I was watching an in depth interview on the church a while back. Some interesting points, if I remember correctly. This guy was the undisputed head, right? Well, his daughter has been the one doing all the dirty work (take that in every sense of the word), working hard for the church and essentially being a leader and her father's number two. However, his son (her older brother) has been doing NOTHING, yet is still destined to take over the church when his father (now) dies. Because he's the first born son. And he is very smug about it, and as much as his father was... unpleasant, this guy is just a prick. (Imagine that if you can.) He constantly rubs it in his sister's face that she's nothing and he'll be in charge. Well, his sister has the loyalty of the "congregation" and follower loyalty, but he has the church, building, name and bills.

Expect to see them in the news more, as this is going to be a very nasty split in the church.

(I add any more parenthesis and quotations, and soon I'll be doing a full fledged "BHM" impression tongue.png )

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Last year, Westboro said he wouldn't get a funeral because they "don't worship the dead."

However, according to one of his kids, he was excommunicated from his own "church" before he died so who knows? Depending on where he's buried, I can imagine some kind of cathartic ceremony to put some closure on his career as a hate-monger.