UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why Is The Uncanny X-Force Set So Darn Expensive?!

cidman911

I've bought Minimates on and off for about 3 years now and I finally see a set I REALLY want then look on eBay and they all go for $85 and up.

Sheesh!

Is this set THAT rare?

I have a Deadpool Taco Truck set from SDCC 2013 and this local guy said it "Wasn't worth enough for an equal trade" Made me chuckle until I looked around online and yeah...I see what he meant now. LOL

So disappointing.

$T2eC16d,!)UFIbsI3qe0BSUIM)2twQ~~60_3.JP

Edited by cidman911

3000 sets were made which is about the norm ,quite why they are so expensive is anybody's guess but my personal guess is that they have most of the requirements for a winning combination :

A Wolverine who actually seems to have a nose biggrin.png

A guy with wings ....Minimates with wings sell well .

A Deadpool .....in fact a rather good Deadpool.

......& a broad to make the numbers up .

If I recall correctly this set was initially a bit of a sleeper (?) .

i passed over this set at my LCS and picked up the Excalibur set instead. when i went back to get it a week or 2 later, it was gone... i was pretty bummed, especially after prices sky rocketed online. fortunately, i have a pretty awesome boyfriend who bought it for me for my birthday. i coulda killed him when he told me how much he spent on it, but i love it!

DSC03162.jpg

I was just messing with my UF Psylocke yesterday trying to improve my Domino mate, and her shoulder cracked. First time ever on any of my mates.

post-3701-0-96682400-1392165953_thumb.jp

She's the only one I have from the set, bought lose from minimate menagerie, as the trade I had set up for this set (when it was readily available) was sadly never fulfilled from the other person. I'm still bitter every time I think about e-bay ordering myself a set and pass because it's so expensive.

This is one of the few times that DST released a team box set based on (what was at the time) a current comic. I think sleeper is the right word, because I know a lot of us were down on it, but it was pretty darn smart. UXF really took off right around the time this was released, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some people out there that have these 'mates and only these 'mates. Too bad we never got Deathlok...headslap.gif

BTW, anyone find a Fantomex set during the great TRU clearance?

i passed over this set at my LCS and picked up the Excalibur set instead. when i went back to get it a week or 2 later, it was gone... i was pretty bummed, especially after prices sky rocketed online. fortunately, i have a pretty awesome boyfriend who bought it for me for my birthday. i coulda killed him when he told me how much he spent on it, but i love it!

DSC03162.jpg

Holy crap!

What an awesome collection.