UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More proof that the MMMV is a remarkable place to call home.

***This might get sappy, so turn away now if that isn't your thing.***

A package arrived yesterday, out of the blue, with a familiar return address from Indiana. Before I start to open the box, I say out loud "What did you do?", and my wife gives me a weird look, like why is this idiot standing in the kitchen talking to a box.

Inside the unremarkable brown box is a very remarkable gift, one of my "grails" of which I have been searching for almost 10 years, an ADV Otaku Bar with the Minimate still in the soap.

I can't stress enough how bittersweet this gift is to me. It represents years of searching for something that I thought was truly important to me, while at the same time acting as a physical symbol of the profound loss that this forum/hobby has suffered with groundhog7s' departure.

I sent Joshua an email with a more personal thank you, but I wanted to share this story with everyone here. This place isn't just an internet forum about Minimates and pop culture, it's a place where real friendships can form, from nothing more than a similar interest in 2" or 3" pieces of plastic.

Edited by youbastards

OK, you started it with the sappy crap. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)

J, I am extremely happy that you got such an amazing gift! That's one helluva terrific Christmas wish! Now for the sappy junk....

It is things like this (& quite possibly the holidays approaching) that makes me miss my Bro around the boards. Sure, we exchange emails now & again, but it's not the same.

But you're right, this forum is every synonym of awesome (& then some). Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy Chanukah to you all!!

Now excuse me while I go cry like the girl I am. (I'm only partially kidding.)

Wow. I've never seen an unopened Soap-Mate appear on eBay, or sold through the forum. I was on the lookout to assist Rob for the longest time, and ultimately did once see one out of the soap, and slightly dinged, but that was pretty much it. Great gift from a great guy.

Also, as a public service, Andy Kaufman once made a little video to help guys like you Justin:

http://youtu.be/H05-k9fdYpw

OK, you started it with the sappy crap. Don't say I didn't warn you. smile.png

J, I am extremely happy that you got such an amazing gift! That's one helluva terrific Christmas wish! Now for the sappy junk....

It is things like this (& quite possibly the holidays approaching) that makes me miss my Bro around the boards. Sure, we exchange emails now & again, but it's not the same.

But you're right, this forum is every synonym of awesome (& then some). Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy Chanukah to you all!!

Now excuse me while I go cry like the girl I am. (I'm only partially kidding.)

thumbsup.gif

Wow. I've never seen an unopened Soap-Mate appear on eBay, or sold through the forum. I was on the lookout to assist Rob for the longest time, and ultimately did once see one out of the soap, and slightly dinged, but that was pretty much it. Great gift from a great guy.

I missed out on one on eBay last year I think, that didn't go for a lot, but it ended at bad time.

Also, as a public service, Andy Kaufman once made a little video to help guys like you Justin:

biggrin.png

Had a few tonight .....forgive me....

Rudolph Soap............100% Rendered slain deer no.gif

The Soap-mate that I saw on ebay last year (quote yb... sort of )..... went to me........then to where (?) ...where it is now is where it was destined to be.

Work it out.wink.png

Karamazov = superstar .....knows too much.

Shanester = similar ......led me to my precious 'Soap'

All comes to he who waits & deservedly so.

F*cking miss that 'hog.

I think the problem with the ADV Soap mate and finding one in soap is that the soap is known to liquify.

Several of us have stories about opening boxes of minimates in storage only to find goop everywhere.

I wonder if this is what groundhog meant by making a clean break of it? ;)

T.

Wow - that is a serous grail to be able to tick off your list, and a very kind act from one of our own.
It's this stuff that makes this the best group of man-children (and women-children) on the interwebs.