UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

But DST does just exactly that. A lot...

I would assume Domino uses a Scarlet Witch piece since its the exact same thing. And if it doesn't come with extra plain hair, who cares? There's tons of hair pieces out there to choose from. I really don't know what your talking about when you say she's should have an extra head. Why would you need an alternate head to show her face? Just take the hair off!

What you're asking for on that Boomer would in no way be possible unless you did an entirely separate figure. A lot of these secondary x characters don't have classic looks either. They wear something for a couple years then change. So not sure what you mean by that either. I just want accurate representation. If you can give me extra looks then even better. But they need to make sense.

Look if you don't like the costumes that's fine just say so. But these reasons you're using really don't make sense. Just say you don't like the looks and leave it at that.

Edited by bigvis497

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for varying looks with a single figure, especially if the other figure in the 2-pack is an army-builder, but I don't see how Boomer could have been offered both ways without a lot of extra parts. The arms and legs are different colors.

DST's done this successfully in the past but even the transforming Ben Grimm/Thing had to compromise and change the color of his jumpsuit from blue to orange. So if you prefer authenticity, this really isn't the way to go.

Yeah, everybody's hair and goggles and whatever are removable, but the scale doesn't always allow for them to be separate. If you want to see the bare face, you can. Cable comes with two heads for two looks. But your initial suggestion was to put one skin-tight costume under another skin-tight costume. Which is impossible.

I realize everyone has a significant amount of money invested in the line, and we occasionally give you a lot of bang for your buck, but these are five dollar mini-figures. One dollar less and you're at a Lego figure. Not every Minimate can have a transforming feature, not even when a transforming feature makes sense, and alternate looks only work when we're talking about a piece or two, not the entire base body.

Let's not criticize the designs before we see them.

I used to have to buy two separate Daredevils if I wanted him to have glasses...2 miles in the snow...or something.

Good point, the variant being the exact same figure with the slightest change was pretty silly, Dr. Doom, Gaijin Wolverine, and the Chameleon! Can we get an update? Any way, if DST were to include parts with Falcon to make the classic version, they wouldn't get to release him in the future. Your buying the figure advertised, don't be greedy :P

I will definitely buy the set but I am surprised by the choice, this will be my third cannonball. Do need Cable and Domino though, was never able to get a hold of those. Shatterstar is a weird design but will probably look pretty cool as a mate.

If we are going 90s like many others I would have liked to see an X-Factor set but who would be the anchor, Havoc?

I

The dangers of posting from a cellphone at on my lunch break. Not trying to start an argument on put down this set . Just trying to make a simple point. It seems to me that the sets that don't sell well are either obscure characters, obscure costumes of popular characters or obscure custumes of obscure characters. Age of X and Boomer/Rictor are examples of sets that I suspect didn't sell very well.

DST has produced many examples of figures that are built to allow for multiple looks of the same character out of the box. There are some like Space Wolverine and Transforming Thing that accomplish two looks of the same character by having abulked up shell in one design that sits on top of a slimmer basic figure of the same character in a separate design. Then there army figures like the Nova corps where on or two separate pieces allow for simple customizations.

My suggestion is that this design objective be used when producing figures where either the character or the costume design is onscure. This would hopefully broaden the appeal and in crease sales. Of course this might prevent them from selling. A second figure of that second alternate look in the future but it also hedges against the only version of a much wanted character being in an obscure look.

It seems as if they are going in that direction anyway with recent mates like the ones you mentioned along with Commander Rogers and the upcoming purple Venom with black costume Spider underneath, doing it on characters that are feasible. Some characters will struggle to sell one way or another whether they have an alternate look or not I think. The key to marketing these characters is probably teaming the obscure characters with well-known ones. I love getting the obscure characters, great thing about the line.

I will get this set; I get them all. That being said, I probably am the least familiar with these looks for those characters.

I understand that starting a team like this makes sense, but I think some of the fear, and I made a similar argument in the Star Trek thread, is that the remaining characters for both X-Force teams will be forgotten. If people are concerned that this team is obscure, how ever are the obscure characters from this team going to sell on their own? Or will we need another Cable/Cannonball/Domino/Deadpool to sell them? Especially with TRU no longer getting "Boomer"s.

You know, back in MY day, Minimates only had one look and we had to make them ourselves out of driftwood and baby teeth. Since then kids have gotten spoiled!

Never before have I wanted a "Like" button on this forum so bad.

Edited by Nebraska

Regardless of how obscure they are, alternate looks only work on bulked up characters, or characters with similar outfits, our characters with minor costume changes. You can't include parts to make an entirely different skintight costume, it would be a second full figure.

And again, we started this team with Boomer and Rictor, so we aren't starring a new team, we're adding to an existing one. I can't guarantee we'll ever make MORE characters from this era, but I think there are still places we could put a Siryn if we needed to.

Regardless of how obscure they are, alternate looks only work on bulked up characters, or characters with similar outfits, our characters with minor costume changes. You can't include parts to make an entirely different skintight costume, it would be a second full figure.

And again, we started this team with Boomer and Rictor, so we aren't starring a new team, we're adding to an existing one. I can't guarantee we'll ever make MORE characters from this era, but I think there are still places we could put a Siryn if we needed to.

Um... not to be a jerk.. but... ya need to!!! I ave three basic wants left on my cold day in hell wishlist: Siryn, Crystal, and Aleta. The odds aren't in my favor of ever getting any of them but I still try...

Today's NOW is Tomorrow's CLASSIC thumbsup.gif

Gotta remember DST wants to sell to younger consumers to keep the lines viable.

I don't think young people read comics any more. For me the biggest problem with current stuff is it doesn't last for a decent amount of time. I have a nice collection of 60's 70's 80's and 90's x-men but I don't even have an image in my mind what a cohesive x-men 00's or 10's collection would be because there were so many things that were lucky to last for 2 years. With a line like minimates it can sometimes takes 5 or more years to complete a team that's why we have things like about 4 x-men from their leather days about the same again of their ultimate look and we have moved on and as their not a current thing in comics and weren't a lasting thing in the books there is no interest in revisiting them from either side of the equation. I have strayed a little off topic but I am weary of up to the minute stuff.

Um... not to be a jerk.. but... ya need to!!! I ave three basic wants left on my cold day in hell wishlist: Siryn, Crystal, and Aleta. The odds aren't in my favor of ever getting any of them but I still try...

I think comic Guardians of the Galaxy figures are as close to a lock as you could guess considering the movie. That isn't to say any specific character will get made, but I would put money on some of them being made. And the Inhumans are one of the great, untapped Marvel teams that I'm sure DST will eventually get around to if they are around long enough (arguably the second most important team to be mostly ignored by DST/AA so far after the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

Yeah, I think all have a good shot to get made at some point. I had to look up Aleta, because I'm not a classic GotG fan, but we all love those designs. Crystal is classic Marvel, and she's been on three teams. Siryn I hope will get made right after Banshee.

And kids may not read modern comics, but modern comics are where the movies and cartoons (like Ultimate Spidey) are getting most of their ideas from nowadays.

I don't think young people has to necessarily mean kids. Those of us who grew up with "classic" Marvel are easily hitting our 40s and 50s now. There's a strong crop of 20 somethings that I'm seeing at a lot of comic shops.

You're right. I think the young people in their teens, 20s and 30s probably exist in equal numbers to older readers in their 40s and 50s. Which is why our Now stuff sells well -- there is a demand for it from both groups, and the younger readers are probably less dismissive of a new costume, having less experience with flash-in-the-pan looks.

Now I truly know how everyone who like the Rufus minimate feel...

I legitimately like the idea of this box set. I’ve never read any X-Force titles, I don’t even know who “Capullo” is (is he the same Capullo DCC is making some Batman figures in the stye of? I guess that makes him a sort of big deal if two companies are making figures based on his work?) I just think the designs will look good as minimates (they tend to look good when people make custom ML figures of the characters in these costumes) so I’m on board.