UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

Wooho! I was bloody right! And Ultron has a buttload of parts! Nick is great as well as Angela. Normally i'd prefer another character but i've been reading a lot of iron man lately so i can't wait to add him to the armory. One question though, will Ultron come with normal legs?

I gave them all the control art, as well. Looks like no.

522898bcdf282.jpg

That Ultron is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it's hard to know what thread to comment on this set in (there currently seem to be 3 choices!) but overall it looks a great set. I wasn't a fan of the comic tbh so that's maybe a bit surprising. I really like the Fury and the Ultron, and although I don't know Angela apart from seeing her very brief appearance in it she looks cool. I wouldn't have chosen Iron Man as the 4th figure as I'm not a fan of that look but I appreciate that most sets seem to need a heavy hitter so I guess he's an understandable inclusion. Overall very pleased though!

I thought everybody of a certain age knew who Angela was, but maybe I'm showing mine. pinch.gif

Spawn_9.jpg

Her appearing in the Marvel U. is not an unprecedented one, other characters have changed companies, but it's certainly a rare occurrence. I didn't pick the final line-up, but I figured a new Marvel character who is an old Image character was a sure thing for everyone outside of the strictly old-school Marvel fans. Oh well!

So remember how a couple of weeks ago, Chuck said in an AskDST that there were no AoU plans, and y'all got like "wha?" and I was all like "don't listen to him, it's AoU", and none of you listened to me?

3tmt9o.jpg

Set's okay. Fury's the clear winner. Also, didn't Zach say that they weren't planning on making Angela yet? Boy, sure was a lot of disinformation about this set....

They're all pretty cool-lookin'. I'm a bronze age fella though, so there hasn't been a lot announced for me lately aside from Viper and Von Strucker. I am a big fan of 616 Fury though, so that will get me to buy the set & part out the rest for customs.

AoU Classic Starlord for a TRU 2-pack maybe? From the "fan's choice" poll designs that weren't used? Can a guy dream?

So remember how a couple of weeks ago, Chuck said in an AskDST that there were no AoU plans, and y'all got like "wha?" and I was all like "don't listen to him, it's AoU", and none of you listened to me?

Set's okay. Fury's the clear winner. Also, didn't Zach say that they weren't planning on making Angela yet? Boy, sure was a lot of disinformation about this set....

When did I say we weren't planning on making Angela? I have never lied on this board, but if I said it when we were still planning on letting the fan poll decide, it was technically true.

Zach, I'm sorry, I think I confused Chuck's "we've not asked Marvel about Angela" from an AskDST (about Marvel Select, I should point out) with something you said. Didn't mean to imply that you'd been untruthful; I wouldn't even have termed it lying. Again, sorry, I should have checked my facts before saying anything. I guess we're cancelling the shirts now....

No worries, if I gave disinformation, I'm certainly sorry. Once people have guessed something, I tend to quietly fade into the background. Although I even think I inadvertently confirmed which set it was by saying people guessed it "ages ago," which is just something I say.

I listened! smile.png I think if you check that part of the thread I was pretty much saying I wasn't reading too much into the wording of the AskDST answer. Seems even less people listened to me lol.

No worries, if I gave disinformation, I'm certainly sorry. Once people have guessed something, I tend to quietly fade into the background. Although I even think I inadvertently confirmed which set it was by saying people guessed it "ages ago," which is just something I say.

You mean that wasn't planned? That's funny, we just all assumed you were being clever.laugh.png

I thought everybody of a certain age knew who Angela was, but maybe I'm showing mine. pinch.gif

but I figured a new Marvel character who is an old Image character was a sure thing for everyone outside of the strictly old-school Marvel fans. Oh well!

See, if she were from any other universe besides Image, I would have been very excited. If she were from any other Image book besides Spawn (or Youngblood), I might have been mildly interested.

I was there from the beginning of Image's foundation. So much overhyped garbage that relied on that hype rather than actual story content. And I bought heavily into the Spawn toys. Spawn was such a ripoff of so many various sources, and had the poorest writing and storytelling. The Clown was just a demon version of the Joker, etc.

Sorry, after buying so much product for a property that just didn't deserve it, I have a strong disgust for a lot of the founding Image properties. Angela will never be Marvel to me. I'm buying this set purely for Fury. Angela will be sent to hang out with the Femme Fatales, and even then she'll be in the back row!

Minimates are awesome enough to get me buying properties I don't know or never had interest in before, but nothing is awesome enough to undo the disgust I have for founding year Image properties like Spawn & Youngblood. Heck, give me Valiant over Image any day.

I'm just buying one set. (normally I buy around 3 of each!) At least the money is going to DST & Marvel, and not one penny to Todd McFarlane. It's a well made figure, but even I'm surprised at my own level of disgust I still have for all things Spawn.

How do you really feel, MC? laugh.png

Sorry first-year Image hurt you so bad. I didn't collect Spawn or Youngblood, my brother did, but I read them mostly for the artwork. I collected Cyberforce and Wild C.A.T.s and eventually Savage Dragon, and I read and enjoyed them for years. I would love for us to do MInimates of all the Image founding titles. Even Wetworks and Shadowhawk, which I have never read beyond a random issue.

And while I have owned a LOT of McFarlane figures over the years, I have only ever owned a couple of Spawn figures, and only one Angel -- not even Angela. And the statuesque nature of a lot of those figures is no longer my cup of tea. So I'm happy to get an Angela I can actually pose! Not a giant fan of the character, but I love changes that shake up the status quo, and I look forward to seeing what role she plays in the Marvel U, as well as in the numerous photos I will surely take of her.

I collected Cyberforce and Wild C.A.T.s and eventually Savage Dragon, and I read and enjoyed them for years. I would love for us to do MInimates of all the Image founding titles. Even Wetworks and Shadowhawk, which I have never read beyond a random issue.

Savage Dragon Minimates would be amazing! I still have a large run of the comic and always enjoyed how it had a very 60's Kirby feel to a lot of the character designs. Bright, colorful characters that would translate well to the Minimate form, ala Invincible.

I would love for us to do MInimates of all the Image founding titles.

Yeah, I could go for a run of Image mates. I cut my comic teeth on 90's stuff, so, as awful as it was, it's kind of like that gross Tuna Helper Casserole you'd eat as a kid that is still for some reason comfort food for you...

It's funny, the more I look at these I realize that even though the set is based around him, I am looking forward to Ultron himself the least. Not because he's poorly done, but just because the others are so much more exciting to me, and I think they came out so well. A very solid box set.

Now I just need Marvel to green light their Age of The Wrecking Crew event.