UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess for AoU boxset

Three highly requested redos:

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Vision

Others:

Sue storm with future foundation alt torso

New character

Ka Zar OR Star Lord

Villain:

Ultron

Edited by kaipo

I think you guys really overestimate Kitty Pryde's viability. She's just a woman in a plain X-Man uniform, no mask, no fancy accessories. We've gotten her two most identifiable looks, I don't know that there's really a market for a third.

I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss for guessing this boxset at this point. I can't think of a lot of heavy hitters with highly-requested updates that haven't already been done yet. As for the Avengers, Cap and Thor have pretty much been covered in every iteration and IM has a lot of more obscure older armors, but we've gotten most of the iconic ones; Hulk doesn't have a lot of super-popular heavy hitters among his associates; we just got updated Fantastic Four looks. That leaves the X-men, but Zach has said the set doesn't involve the NOW looks, so it would have to be updates of older costumes.

Maybe a refresh of some of the characters in the GSXM set? Classic Wolverine (because duh), updated classic Cyclops (heavy hitter, fairly often requested), updated classic Storm (kind of a heavy hitter, requested once or twice), bulked/talled-up classic Colossus (kind of a heavy hitter, requested a fair amount since the wave 47 Colossus update), FA Magneto (heavy hitter, villain), and one more slot for that Banshee we've all been wailing about (new character). Figure Cyc, Mags, Wolvie, and Banshee end up in the set.

---

Just for fun, timeline for last year was: poll live on 15 June; voting closed late August; lineup announced 9 November; set first spotted in the wild 1 December.

So. Maybe these are still out in time for Christmas?

Edited by Lobsterman

Maybe it will be a Secret War set to go with Secret War Cap (Hail Ivan!)

We would get to choose from:

Spidey

Luke Cage

Daredevil

Wolverine

(Black Widow and/or Nick Fury would work too)

Daisy (New character)

And pick a teched-out villain to redo.

Black Wodow and Fury (as a LMD) would be the least visually distinctive characters, so wouldn't be necessary, IMO. Although an updated Fury is highly requested. He could potentially be the villain too. Loosely. ;)

I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss for guessing this boxset at this point. I can't think of a lot of heavy hitters with highly-requested updates that haven't already been done yet. As for the Avengers, Cap and Thor have pretty much been covered in every iteration and IM has a lot of more obscure older armors, but we've gotten most of the iconic ones; Hulk doesn't have a lot of super-popular heavy hitters among his associates; we just got updated Fantastic Four looks. That leaves the X-men, but Zach has said the set doesn't involve the NOW looks, so it would have to be updates of older costumes.

Maybe a refresh of some of the characters in the GSXM set? Classic Wolverine (because duh), updated classic Cyclops (heavy hitter, fairly often requested), updated classic Storm (kind of a heavy hitter, requested once or twice), bulked/talled-up classic Colossus (kind of a heavy hitter, requested a fair amount since the wave 47 Colossus update), FA Magneto (heavy hitter, villain), and one more slot for that Banshee we've all been wailing about (new character). Figure Cyc, Mags, Wolvie, and Banshee end up in the set.

---

Just for fun, timeline for last year was: poll live on 15 June; voting closed late August; lineup announced 9 November; set first spotted in the wild 1 December.

So. Maybe these are still out in time for Christmas?

I'd love to get Banshee.... but i'd hate to see Sunfire miss out on what may be his only chance to get a release.

Edit: Although - he is in UA now. So perhaps he'd still be in with a shot down the road.

Maybe it will be a Secret War set to go with Secret War Cap (Hail Ivan!)

We would get to choose from:

Spidey

Luke Cage

Daredevil

Wolverine

(Black Widow and/or Nick Fury would work too)

Daisy (New character)

And pick a teched-out villain to redo.

Black Wodow and Fury (as a LMD) would be the least visually distinctive characters, so wouldn't be necessary, IMO. Although an updated Fury is highly requested. He could potentially be the villain too. Loosely. wink.png

I hope this isn't the case. The costumes are very story specific and i don't want another wolvie,spidey,daredevil and widow.

I don't get why this would be a rare chance to get Sunfire...

Sunfire is mostly known for two things in the MU.... being a jerk ... & Giant Sized X-Men. He has appeared on and off in the history of the x-men, but has never stuck around long enough to be considered a very memorable member of any particular roster.

A GSXM refresh would make a lot of sense for him (Maybe the most sense aside from Uncanny Avengers). I don't see him fitting into many other themed waves. I don't see him fitting into many two-packs either.

Don't get me wrong, i'd be happy to see him released with just about anyone. I just figured a 2-pack or box-set with him & Banshee seemed more likely than most other combinations.

I haven't really read much of UA, but I'm curious to see how they work Sunfire into the team in a way that makes any sense. Based on my understanding of his character, there is almost zero chance he would work with that team. He was a rough fit in the original GSX-men, and they weren't a team of government tools.

I haven't really read much of UA, but I'm curious to see how they work Sunfire into the team in a way that makes any sense. Based on my understanding of his character, there is almost zero chance he would work with that team. He was a rough fit in the original GSX-men, and they weren't a team of government tools.

Remender actually uses an existing plot line from a somewhat recent Apocalype-related X-Men storyline in order to make sense of his inclusion (considering they are delving into Apocalypse-heavy territory in the second arc of UA). Besides that, they allude to his arrogance in wanting to prove he is not just Japan's greatest hero but the world's.

Can we do the quarter in the jar thing on this thread too?

[clink]

I just want to know what the theme is, who am I kidding, I just want the poll to be posted :0 please Zach!!!!