UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Walking Dead 4-Pack

Do we really need 18 Walking Dead threads?

I don't think one thread dedicated to each series or boxed set is unreasonable, as with Marvel. If this was a one-and-done offering like Peter Pan or a more finite series like Aliens, I'd expect discussion to be contained to one thread. But with the potential scope of this line and the popularity of the property in general (not to mention the fact that it really doesn't even have a proper forum and probably deserves its own) I think multiple threads are warranted. My two cents.

As for this 4-pack, it's nice to get away from the prison theme. I just hope Rick doesn't turn into the Kirk of this line and get overexposed. If he's instrumental in selling these to retailers, fine but I hope most collectors like him as much as DST likes offering him.

Now where's my barn carrying case? biggrin.png

I find it funny that Rick has the sailor's scarf on as that's what I did with a spare sailor scarf :)

More Zombies are always good and now I can have a pitchfork! (my own fault for having not bought the UM villager)

I am pretty over having another Rick at this point (unless he comes with a phone and a shocked face) but it is nice having a pre-prison Hershell

Awesome!

I'm very worried that 3000 won't be enough, based on how the TRU sets sell out so fast.

+1

Ive been lucky enough to have paid no more than retail for everything so far (the first Glenn and Shane are not in my collection yet) but if this set does sell out, Id pay up to 40 for it. Really hoping I can get it for the Con price though.

Since this line isn't based on a TV show, movie, or video game, it appears we need a Walking Dead section. That would probably address everyone's issues. :)

I don't think we need two threads about Series 3, though. That appears to have been an oversight.

You can add your concerns to this thread, if you like:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11993

I've been saying that since the beginning of the main WD thread...

Where, exactly?

The bigger this line gets, the more potential it has to take over a forum in which it doesn't even belong. (I foresee Star Trek having the same issues even though that does belong here.)

Personally I don't like the idea of wading through hundreds of pages in a single thread for a certain piece of information I recall was attributed to a specific series or boxed set. I'd prefer a dedicated forum for this property. If not then a forum for comic-based 'mates for this and Invincible, Femmes Fatale and others. But I don't see individual threads for each series or boxed set as unreasonable for a line like this.

I suggest petitioning the Powers That Be to deal with this crisis before the whole board comes crashing down around us!