UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Show Me Your Store's Minimates Section!

DSTZach

I have to say, if I was one of the people that had struggled to find that set, or had a TRU order cancelled, I'd be pretty annoyed by that picture. But I'm not, so never mind.smile.png

I debated whether to post that picture or not & I'm well aware that it might rile people who might have had their TRU.com order cancelled or struggled to find it but..................the reason ,the honest reason, why I have so many of that item is because I had various WD Minimate TRU.com orders cancelled during the initial furore for them. You can believe me or not but I never ordered what you see assembled in that picture ....

BHM - Have you ever disclosed what you are doing with the mountain of Minimates you are amassing? I remember seeing you had a case of Hulkbusters at one point. Are you going to open a UK Minimates store eventually? Do you dream of one day cornering the market in Minimates and ruling the world? Or will we eventually read reports of you dying under a crush of cases of Minimates?

I'm glad you are doing this, man. Let's me tell my wife I'm not that crazy. "See honey, I've only got about two thousand of these little guys. This guy has millions!" smile.png

'My story' is perhaps worth listening to yet my 'wife' ....God bless her.....has failed to be convinced on numerous occasions when I've explained it to her what I'm actually doing . Maybe I'll tell that story ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, oh, tell tell!

Part of me thinks you are secretly Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. You have the wealth of the kingdom at your fingertips, and you've grown to enjoy the smaller things in life in all their pun-y glory.

'My story' is perhaps worth listening to yet my 'wife' ....God bless her.....

A clever clue? Indeed, God Bless Her Majesty the Queen.

The real BHM?

Prince-Philip.jpg

I don't have the chance to get out to my local TRU nearly as frequently as I used to, so I'm a little late to the party.

Mine has no endcap (though I have seen one, either in the Scranton PA store, or the one next to Valley View Mall in Roanoke VA. Not sure which one) but at mine (Middletown NY), mates are mostly near the end of their respective aisles, and all pretty close to each other (though spread out between 3 different walls):

post-37-0-93126600-1362889702_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-36647800-1362889771_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-13775800-1362889797_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-90871000-1362889839_thumb.jpg

Jatta, I have met BHM in person and without a pint of ale in his hand, its hard to tell if that picture is a match or not. I think BHM had more medals.

I don't have the chance to get out to my local TRU nearly as frequently as I used to, so I'm a little late to the party.

Mine has no endcap (though I have seen one, either in the Scranton PA store, or the one next to Valley View Mall in Roanoke VA. Not sure which one) but at mine (Middletown NY), mates are mostly near the end of their respective aisles, and all pretty close to each other (though spread out between 3 different walls):

Good Lord that is a Lot of Resistance packs!!!

Here's the store in my town:

Starting with the Halo/Neca Aisle (right next to the Video Game section in the corner) We have the SF X Tekken and Halo figure sets with Halo vehicles on the lower shelf

TRUHaloAisle01_zps372eae91.jpg

Then further down the aisle we have any and all Minimates vehicles

bba27e4a-da30-4f34-8798-6f10be742cc3_zps

On the next Aisle we have Marvel Movie toys on one side and the GI Joe/Transformers/Star Wars on the other side. Here's the Captain America sets:

TRUMarvelMovieAisle01_zps513b71f2.jpg

and the Amazing Spiderman sets

TRUMarvelMovieAisle02_zps0fad5bfb.jpg

I'm sure we'd have Avengers Minimates on this aisle if we had any

On the next aisle we have the Comic related toys, DC & Marvel. All of the Minimates are at the end of the Aisle above the actual comics. These include all Marvel Comic sets, Playstation sets, Universal Monsters, Walking Dead, Expendables and one lone Max undersea Rescue set. (In the past Monsters, Walking Dead and Expendables have been on the Neca Aisle)

TRUComicsAisle_zpsb4249dd4.jpg

You guys are lucky that your TRUs get any 'mates at all. TRU Philippines doesn't get Minimates in general. Besides calling them TRU Exclusives I call them TRU USA Exclusives.

P.S. I might be getting pictures of my comic shop a few days from now though

My store had a delivery today .....

attachicon.gif002.JPG

Ha. Had that happen to me once. Ordered one set of First Appearance Iron Man/Silver Centurion off of AFX a long LONG time ago and got a full case for the price of just one. Still have one or two unopened I think...

• 2 weeks later...

@Lurch- Amazed there's a Dugan and Golden Cap sitting around sad.png

This is a TRU in San Diego, complete TRU 13 and 14 waves, complete SFvT waves too. I'm guessing until this stuff gets bought there won't be any Wave 15.

post-6498-0-15096200-1364866805_thumb.jp

You guys are killing me here. Not only do your TRUs have much more than mine they have them on clearance!!

If anyone wants to buy some FirstClass mates for a good dude in Canada.... let me know.