UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only want the cap/wanda and tony/hulk so i can wait a bit. I have no interest in the P5 and i'll be getting the wolverine box set so i have no use for another wolvie. But i'm more surprised we haven't seen wave 51 or 50 yet. I want my superior spidey and i want him now!

Edited by Kostisfire

This might be the first TRU wave I skip. I have zero interest in the Phoenix versions of the characters and I'm not really a fan of the Now costumes. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see them in stores. Since we are getting all the major Avengers in Now costumes I might cave.

I don't have any interest in the Wolverine or Iron Man packs. After the many Wolverine's we've gotten lately, i feel like it's pretty easy to find a perfect one from that (admittedly fantastic) bunch, and i don't need two Reapers. Iron Man and Hulk i just hate both designs, period.

Phoenix Emma is a must have, and I'll buy the Cap set because of my love of Cap; Wanda doesn't look bad, so fortunately she's not packed with Iron Man or anything. Still feels like a worthwhile set even if we just got a pretty great Wanda this year.

I’m a little worried about this wave and wave 17 apparently both being ready to go.

There just seems like a chance they’ll ship so close one wave gets shut out by the other (maybe your area gets most 16, maybe 17, I don’t pretend to know how this paranoid delusion works) and a situation like wave 4 will arise.

Who do you guys want in this wave?

Want none. Will buy is another story. My collect them all mentality will get me to buy the whole set but I will probably only buy and open Reaper (Just to fix him) and maybe another Pheonix 5 set just in case they also make Namor/Magik later I can display them together. To be honest this is the biggest whomp whomp set of th year behind the Starnge Tales Box Set for me.

I'll skip the p5 set and the wolvie one (I'm getting the box set so there's no need for me to buy another wolvie). Though, I'll buy the cap pack (I really like that scarlet witch and cap's costume is good as well) and the iron man pack (I like both figures and though I'd prefer a full armored hulk I guess they're saving him for another time.

First off, Where is this wave at? Show yourself! :) I expect them to pop up any day now, and I'm sure they're at least on the boat to the US by now, right?

Second, it's kinda interesting the lack of interest that the Phoenix 5 members are getting. Yes, a lot of members want them, but it seems almost equal between the want / don't want crowds. I guess that's why the DST Q&A today mentioned not the expect the last 2 to get made anytime soon. Which is a bit sad. I hate unfinished teams, but there's a ton of stuff I still want first. But the hard part is that the further we get away from their storyline's release, the less likely we'll ever see them done. I'd certainly take them over another Wolvie variant.

It just sucks to be a single 2-pack away from completing a team or theme, and we have a bunch of those near-completes already.

First off, Where is this wave at? Show yourself! smile.png I expect them to pop up any day now, and I'm sure they're at least on the boat to the US by now, right?

Second, it's kinda interesting the lack of interest that the Phoenix 5 members are getting. Yes, a lot of members want them, but it seems almost equal between the want / don't want crowds. I guess that's why the DST Q&A today mentioned not the expect the last 2 to get made anytime soon. Which is a bit sad. I hate unfinished teams, but there's a ton of stuff I still want first. But the hard part is that the further we get away from their storyline's release, the less likely we'll ever see them done. I'd certainly take them over another Wolvie variant.

It just sucks to be a single 2-pack away from completing a team or theme, and we have a bunch of those near-completes already.

Deposits quarter in the jar [clink]

You can count me as one of the people not interested in the Phoenix 5 for the exact reason DST stated today in the Q&A. They aren't going to make the other two. It was easy to see that DST was never going to make the other two with so much time passing by just for Emma/Colossus. AvsX wasn't very good and it's not a "classic" series (i.e. Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet) that DST would make Anniversary sets, etc.

Also, Cyclops by himself was fine since he was the main "bad guy" of the story. I'd rather have two other characters/variants.

well... it can't be a classic series since its only a year old, lol. Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet are 20+ years old. Civil War is probably entering that same realm (for all the wrong reasons, since most fans blame it for a ton of issues for the follow years, and infamy>good work, lol)

Either way, I would like the Phoenix 5 completed, since like monkeycrumb said, all it needs is 2 characters to complete it, and it would be preferable to seeing another Cap/Wolverine variant. Maybe another fan poll in 10 years, lol.