UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013

groundhog7s

I'm sure we'll have a separate thread for all things Minimate later, but I thought we could start talking about what's being shown at TF 2013. Here's the first look at what Mezco will be showing and I can't say if I'm more excited about Axe Cop toys or the GI Joe scale Mars Attacks! martians.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/02/05/toy-fair-mezco-toys-thundercats-mars-attacks/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mez-Itz Batpod looks very cool. I'm hoping its close to minimate compatible. I haven't picked up their Tumbler yet but I'm planning on getting one eventually as I've seen some pics on here with 'mates and it looks awesome.

Those Mars Attacks figs look great, will give them a go depending on ease of availability and cost.

Those mez-itz are pretty good.They are a nice dc minifig alternative.

You shut your filthy mouth.

But....but....if we can't get dc minimates we need something to replace the void! And frankly i'd rather give my money to mezco ( a fairly small company like dst) rather than a powerhouse like lego which lately has overpriced sets and crappy figures.

But....but....if we can't get dc minimates we need something to replace the void! And frankly i'd rather give my money to mezco ( a fairly small company like dst) rather than a powerhouse like lego which lately has overpriced sets and crappy figures.

Alright, I was gonna let you selling your soul to Mez-Itz slip, but now your dissing LEGO?

tumblr_ls0y79pJ5R1qcdov9o1_500.gif

I've got the Darkseid keychain, and yeah, I'm sorry, but I love it, even though his paint has worn off. BTW, Minifiend, you know that they've already released Captain Cold and Etrigan, right? I could get them for you, like, yesterday (he says, hoping that his TRU still has them in stock...).

Alright, I was gonna let you selling your soul to Mez-Itz slip, but now your dissing LEGO?

Kostifire? BACK ON MY LIST!

Iiiii'm sorry, I clearly walked into this thread at a bad time. I'm gonna step back out and avoid the awkward. When you guys are done lynching our Greek ambassador let me know.

(Yes I know you guys are kidding... maybe)

I've always liked Lego but nowadays the figures and sets have lost their charm. Reused pieces everywhere (batman,Loki and led have the same face),accessories that appear not finished (an all grey mjolnir,an all black bow,etc) and their plastic is not that good frankly. I bought the new batcave,some of the collectible minifigures and some other new sets and their body has broken. They have a big crack all the way from their shoulder hole (peg?) to the bottom. Add to the fact they have become really overpriced. They are good. They just not as good as they were.

Beck in the day, Kostis, we'd walk a mile in the snow just to get our legos. And they all had the exact same face. Every single one of them. And every accessory was a single color plastic. you whippersnappers don't know what you got these days.

I like Mezco and think Mez-itz are pretty cool, but they're not a substitute for Minimates. And with only five points of articulation, they're not a great value at over $10 a pack. I've got a few sets and would have more if they were a few bucks cheaper.

Yeah, at $10 a set for Mez-itz, Minimates look like gold. I've only gotten the first DC wave, but that was at about $4 a set. I've passed on the Batman movie ones because not only are the $10 for two figures, they also both come with Batman (as does the Tumbler). They're okay figures, I just see why they haven't taken off much.

When i was younger i used to get a lot of lego sets.The ones with the yellow smiley faces an coloured bricks.These are the sets i always liked! Nowadays the sets lack any real bricks (most of them now are one solid brick e.g. a wall) and feature so many flick fire missiles!The new arkham set is phenomenal sure,but what about the chima sets? Most of them are vehicles.Lego focuses too much on something that's created and done rather than things that you can rebuild and reshape.A couple of years ago you could buy a set and make thousands of combinations.Now the pieces are so "special" that you can't reshape anything.The latest batcave for example looks good but it's kinda small and can't be reshaped.If they got back to the old days then that would be awesome.

As for mez-itz they have nice paint apps.They can't replace minimates but are good 2" versions of the dc characters i like.Sure dc minimates would be a dream come true but until then i have to settle with what's out there.The articulation is crap and they have no accessories but those paint apps and style are enough for me to buy a couple of my favourite dc characters to decorate my desk.Minimates are the best 2" inch figs.Kubricks were pretty awesome too (do they still make them?).The lego figs are improving but the one thing i don't like are piece reuses.They put so much effort in their collectible minifigure line (they make some truly awesome figs) but their licenced themes like marvel and dc feature only reuses with only some exceptions.For example wonder woman's torso and legs are red with a bit of flesh painted on.Moving ww's leg only to find that the top,left and back are completely red is not a good sight.Superman,batman,joker and aquaman are really well made though.

Edited by Kostisfire

High five. High five. Kostis, I was noticing the same thing about legos recently. My son has kind of become a Lego fiend, and with all of the sets he's gotten, it's surprising how few basic bricks there are these days. Thankfully he hasn't shown much interest in Chima. Just City, Batman, and most recently Star Wars.

Fellas fellas fellas! Can't we all just agree that Mez-Itz and LEGOs are both superior to those Funko Pop things? They are oh, so lame. Point and laugh everybody. Up top! highfive.gif

Oh yeah, I mean with all those licenses they can't even come close to comparing. I'm sure Funko is totally regretting getting into those things.

Boy, jealousy doesn't fit you well Sam. And your envy is just so obvious.

High five. High five. Kostis, I was noticing the same thing about legos recently. My son has kind of become a Lego fiend, and with all of the sets he's gotten, it's surprising how few basic bricks there are these days. Thankfully he hasn't shown much interest in Chima. Just City, Batman, and most recently Star Wars.

Lego used to be all about imagination. Now it's about hunting down exclusive figs and reusing parts.