UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates- other names?

Jeff

I seem to recall back in my interviews with him and others involved with creating them that there were other names but no one can recall what they were since when Minimates was coined they felt it worked well

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well we should expand the question to what would you call them if they weren't minimates? I don't have an answer off the top of my head but I will reply when I come up with something good. But I'd love to hear the undoubtedly awesome answers people will come up with.

Mimix

I read that as “Me-Mix” rather then “Mimicks” at first... which made me laugh, Me-Mix is a MUCH better name then mimicks

I bet that’s why they’re not called that too... the first word I picked up on was “Mimi”, similar to how to most people call Megos “Meg-Ohs” instead of the correct “Me-Go’s" because they’re picking up on “Mega” and “Lego” rather seeing it as “Me” and “Go” as to words... I bet it would compounded since they probably would have made the logo all mimiX so people might have even called them Mimi X's

Plastic crack is the most appropriate name for them.