UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

10th Anniversary Exhibit Thank You!

DSTZach

Now that things have died down a little from NYCC, I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who helped me out with the 10th Anniversary Exhibit. It was a much smaller undertaking than the Versus World event, but I did it more or less by myself, and it was slightly daunting. In some particular order:

TBT was a major supplier of the exhibit, probably 50% of the items on display were his. Without him, it would not exist. Thank you so much, sir.

UK Collector flew to America, FROM ENGLAND, carrying illicit German candy, to help me haul and assemble some Swedish furniture. I had him Russian around all day. I think he MAY have had other plans before I Shanghaied him. Anyway, I can't thank that guy enough.

Vicious Vink provided some clutch Speed Racer and movie-based sets, and sent them on short notice. You rock.

Youbastards hooked me with some gap-filling late 2000s Marvel sets. He continues to be an asset to the forum, the line and the world.

Mystery Man, at the last minute, was able to get me the Chef Duff I so desperately wanted. It totally made the show.

And SuperChefMate and Hellpop kept me sane down there in that little room all weekend. Great guys to talk to. SCM even handed out Minimates a little, and he totally took an interview bullet for me. (They wanted to talk to a fan, so they got one!)

And THANK YOU ALL for supporting the line long enough that this exhibit was warranted. If Minimates had died in 2007, we obviously wouldn't have done this. I'm hoping to take the show to other locations so more of you can see it. We may even add in some rarities, if I can track down more prototypes; Chuck and I were just discussing what unproduced items physically exist.

And if anyone in Chicago or San Diego wants to help assemble Ikea furniture, keep an eye out for my postings!

DST also made a really cool program, basically a "Minimates Through the Ages" magazine, which I hope you'll all be able to get at subsequent shows.

And thank you for all your hospitality, Zach, and to Robert and Chuck and the rest of Team DST. As anyone who has ever met and talked to you all knows, they are a REALLY great group of guys, really honest and forthright with the fans. You can tell that Robert really loves designing these little buggers and putting in as many cool extras as he can think of.

I didn't take any pictures of the exhibit, sorry, but maybe someone else did?

EDIT: and look what's on AFI this morning:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-york-comic-cons-minimates-tenth-anniversary-exhibit-a-big-hit

Edited by hellpop

You know, Zach and I were talking in New York about how cool it would be to have a Minimates Con. Maybe we could do something, formally or informally, in Chicago next year? I'm sure some of us might make travel plans if we knew there would be some cool Minimate stuff going on.

More photos in the AA gallery.

I'm looking forward to a more prototype heavy version at SDCC '13... Although I can't imagine where it could go, nor what it would cost. So if there is a C2E2-only event planned, an early heads-up would be nice. I don't want to have to make any last minute flight reservations. :)

Here's another offer of assistance should you need it.

Oh, heavens no, TM2. Every Marvel Minimate would be a lot. Need to talk to Chuck about what he wants to change, but I don't think he wanted comprehensiveness.

Vink, Ask DST!

I was pondering this a while back, Every minimate would be cool, but as you say logistics for finding and then setting them all up would be a nightmare.

What might be actually be feasible though is to talk to Ivan over at MMDB to see if he would provide the images he has and make a poster or a banner of every minimate from every marvel wave. How cool would it be to have a long banner with 1:1 images of marvel wave 1-50?

Just thinking outloud...

T.

Sadly I'm not going to America anytime soon :ermm: But you've got my support Zach. Over here in the PH the Pinoy Minimate Kolektors (Collectors) are having trouble make exhibits as well. Hope our little 2-inch peices of plastic last even longer!

My blog:www.mini-bugle.blogspot.com

It was my pleasure Zach, and thank you and everyone else at Dst for all your generosity! Any help I can give as thanks for all the greatness that Dst and minimates have given me and everyone else over the years is without question. The exhibit was incredible and Dst always has one of the best booths at cons, even with the things that happened this year. I can't wait for C2E2 and the triumphant return of the Build a Mate booth(hopefully)! Of course any assistance you might need, is all yours.

It was my pleasure Zach, and thank you and everyone else at Dst for all your generosity! Any help I can give as thanks for all the greatness that Dst and minimates have given me and everyone else over the years is without question. The exhibit was incredible and Dst always has one of the best booths at cons, even with the things that happened this year. I can't wait for C2E2 and the triumphant return of the Build a Mate booth(hopefully)! Of course any assistance you might need, is all yours.

Suckup :geek::lol:

T.