UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doombots Misnamed

watchnerd

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doombot or not Doombot its a bit nitpicky but if I had to say I would call them classic Doombots. I have seen this style of robot called Doombots and Servo-Guards so for me either is fine.

I dont really get what you mean by renaming DST couldn't rename existing product that has been released coming upto 2 years now. The only renaming that could be done would be on the MMDB and I dont really see the need for that either.

According to the link you provided:

Aliases: Doombots, Guardian Robots, Omni-Bots, Security Robots, Servo-Units.

So, it seems Doombots is as proper a name just as Iron Man is Tony Stark's alias. All is right with the world once again.

So, it seems Doombots is as proper a name just as Iron Man is Tony Stark's alias. All is right with the world once again.

Well, if you call those guard robots "Doombots", then what do you call the robot duplicates of Dr. Doom?

Well, if you call those guard robots "Doombots", then what do you call the robot duplicates of Dr. Doom?

A storyline cop out. anytime Doom can be blamed for something they just roll out a duplicate and blame that instead.

Not to be mean but,

23313846.jpg

Surely you jest.

This sort of debate about is part of what true comic nerds live for.

............. then what do you call the robot duplicates of Dr. Doom?

Victor ?

Only if you're nasty.

They can't correct packaging on a wave not even in production anymore, that's a little ridiculous. And they are known as Doombots, as that link provided....so i'm not sure why this is a thing? :huh:

Because we need to hold DST to higher standards to prevent such errors in the future.

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody here has noticed this before.

As the link also says:

"The Servo-Guards should not be confused with:

--Doombots, Dr. Doom's robot duplicates of himself"

Little kids know who Dr Doom is, calling them Doombots associates them with the good Dr which helps the kiddies out. So when they pick up the packs at their comic store they know that the 'Doombots' are bad guys AND that they need to also pick up a Doom minimate to lead them.

That's what I reckon anyway.

Originally the term "Doombot" applied to various different robots all created by Doctor Doom for various functions. The term "Doombot" was originally given to most of the robots created by Von Doom including the series that was later termed as Servo-Guards.[1] The title of "Doombot" was later specifically listed to only to his armored duplicate robots. The title of "Doombot" does NOT include his look-alike unmasked Victor Von Doom robots[2] though these unmasked robots perform the same function of standing in for Von Doom when he deems it necesseary to be substituted.(Robots)

and thats from the marvel wikia thingy they where called Doombots and later changed so I would say its fine to call them Doombots. Again its really a moot point as the figure where released that long ago and nothing can be done about it. I could quite understand if it was a upcoming wave and pointing it out now could maybe change it.

Have you ever noticed whenever any toy company makes a Ryu and Ken figure Ryu’s gi is frayed and he has bare fist, but Ken’s gi is neatly hemmed and he’s wearing fingerless gloves?

Go ahead, look at your wave 3 Ryu and the pictures of sample case Ken in the SFxT thread... Also go ahead and google the SOTA figures, the Revolteches, the NECA SF 4 figures, and the 3 3/4 inch Jazzware figures.

SEE!

But in the game they’re IDENTICAL, both Ryu and Ken have frayed gis (or is the plural of gi ‘gi’ like moose) and wear fingerless gloves.

According to SOTA who took a lot of crap for this (as fans wanted a matching Ken and Ryu and they provided NON-MATCHING Ryus and Kens?!?!), Capcom demands this in licensers to make Ken and Ryu look different (while they theyselves can’t be bothered to alter the sprites, despite giving Akuma a necklace, sandals, and rope belt... sh*t even in 3D where they can more easily alter the models they’re dressed the same)

SO BASICALLY: WHY ARE WE EVEN DISCUSSING DOOMBOTS WHEN FAR GREATER CRIMES ARE BEING COMMITTED?!?!? IT’S BEEN HAPPENING FOR YEARS AND NO ONES EVEN TRIED TO STOP IT!!! DON’T YOU SEE! WE’RE ASLEEP AT WHEEL AND CAPCOM’S SUPPOSED TO KILL THE BUS DRIVER!!! THE BLOOD IS ONE ALL YOUR HANDS FOR ALLOWING FIGURES OF KEN AND RYU TO BE DRESSED DIFFERENTLY AND YOU COULD CARE LESS!!!!!!

Wow, I had no idea.

If you set up a petition on change.org, I will gladly sign it.

What's with all the banana-hammocks?

Does this mean something different outside of Australia... or did he say this place is full of skimpy mens swim-wear?

Same meaning.

I was referring to Webhead's avatar and profile pics.

And the first Namor minimate.

...My head hurts.

I mean, really. I've read through this thread twice now and I still can't get my head around it.

Oh, come on. It's a lot less convoluted than that retcon were Peter Parker had Mephisto destroy his marriage.