UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Exclusives?

I don't think this is a problem at all, Zach. You guys have really built up the amount of con exclusives you do, so I think that pulling back a bit is quite justified. One question: in the past, the "build a Minimate" promotion has been predicated on buying a certain amount from the DST booth. But, without any new exclusives, it might be hard for us dedicated Minimate fans to find enough to buy to qualify. Can/will the AFX sets count towards the promotion (assuming you're doing it again this year)? I ask because I'm in DESPERATE need of a new set of Vulture wings, and I was counting on getting them at the booth this year.

Build-a-Minimate should be happening, it's just we lost half of the BRAND-NEW CABINET in transit. :verymad:

But in the past we've included AFX Minimates purchases for BAM, so hold onto your receipt.

I don't think this is a problem at all, Zach. You guys have really built up the amount of con exclusives you do, so I think that pulling back a bit is quite justified. One question: in the past, the "build a Minimate" promotion has been predicated on buying a certain amount from the DST booth. But, without any new exclusives, it might be hard for us dedicated Minimate fans to find enough to buy to qualify. Can/will the AFX sets count towards the promotion (assuming you're doing it again this year)? I ask because I'm in DESPERATE need of a new set of Vulture wings, and I was counting on getting them at the booth this year.

Build-a-Minimate should be happening, it's just we lost half of the BRAND-NEW CABINET in transit. :verymad:

But in the past we've included AFX Minimates purchases for BAM, so hold onto your receipt.

Cool cool cool. For those that have never seen DST at a con, this is a neat promotion that DST does, where you can sift though a bunch of Minimate parts to make a Frankenmate. It's a great way to get unique parts for customizing, but the drawback is that it's nigh-impossible to find a pair of matching arms and legs. I think it was last year that there were no right legs-- I mean, none at all. Just dozens and dozens of left ones.:) But that's my only quibble. DST also usually has lots of variant sets for sale, and sometimes even past exclusives, so even without exclusives you can usually find something to buy at the DST booth. In other words, if you're ever thinking of going to a con, and DST's going to be there, do it-- it's worth it.:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

If the build is there can we just buy parts ?

I kind of wish DST would do some sort of Bucket O' Parts, sort of like what LEGO does at their stores where you get a small container and just fill it with parts.

My thoughts for a minimate version would be that you take the container and just submerge it into a separate MASSIVE barrel of parts (separate from the build-a-mate parts), making sure it's filled pull it back up and then put the top on. This way, besides what you see on top, it is basically a random tub of parts that you can check out later, maybe even trading with other folks who got one. I can see this going for about $20-$25 just because of all the parts you'll be getting. Maybe even putting the Larger portion of the container into the parts bin and the much smaller lid portion into another accessories barrel just so your not getting a container of just accessories.

Who knows, I may be the only one.....but I'd love the idea!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend that is heading to nycc and I asked him if he would pick up some stuff for me when he is there will he be able to buy stuff from the dst set up or am I sending him on a mission of hell ...if dst is selling any word on what they will have thanks again ...stil new to all this so if I come off like a tool I'm sorry

DST's booth has both new upcoming items on display and previously released items for sale. It's usually a great place to pick up variants and exclusives from previous shows. However, this year DST will not have a new exclusive on sale; for those (Alpha Flight and Thundercats) your friend needs to go to the Action Figure Express booth.