UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The double flame effect works great with Iron Monger from IM.

It sure does! I like using it for my classic Iron Man... or really, any of 'em! I like the diversity in the bases we're getting and hope that it'll continue. I also keep wishing for a STINGRAY so maybe we can get a neat water base!

That would be awesome, let's hope! I would also like a really cool ice base, maybe with an updated Iceman.

I am really looking forward to the new bases we will be getting.

Iceman is one of those mates that doesn't really look out of place compared to newer ones, but man would he be great with the newer bases and snap-ons. I'm thinking something like the second ToyBiz sculpt we got in the 90's based on JRJR's art at the time.

Well my TRU just got in "Wave 14", and I cleaned them out. Not only do I need a set for my collection, but I also couldn't turn down the chance to get some new heads for customs (Vindicator and Storm). But after beheading the young ladies I'm left with a loose Havok and a loose Box for trade. My list is up in the Flea Mall for those interested...

I ended up not needing to use Storm, so I never opened the Storm / Havok TRU 2 Pack, which means I have an extra MIP if anyone needs it. Check my list in the Flea Mall to see if we can trade...

That would be awesome, let's hope! I would also like a really cool ice base, maybe with an updated Iceman.

I am really looking forward to the new bases we will be getting.

Iceman is one of those mates that doesn't really look out of place compared to newer ones, but man would he be great with the newer bases and snap-ons. I'm thinking something like the second ToyBiz sculpt we got in the 90's based on JRJR's art at the time.

I'd like an Age of Apocalypse Iceman with ice based stuff if possible...

Just curious, has the armor in this wave been officially ID'd yet? I have my theory based on a few design clues, but I'm curious what the designer's intent was.

Awsome wave BTW. Only niggle complaint is the white paint on the red goggles Vindicator cowl is on the thin side, so it looks pink in some lights. But that could be just mine.

Okay, one more... the Rhino, which is awsome sauce cool, is a hybrid design. And those always bug me a little. By hybrid, I mean it's a classic Rhino suit for most of it, but it had the studded bracers on the ankles and wrists which Rhino wore during his Sinister Sydnicate stint when he added chest and shoulder armor and those studded bands over his classic suit. Again, it's a minor niggle that only a complete nutjob like myself would let bother him.

Just curious, has the armor in this wave been officially ID'd yet? I have my theory based on a few design clues, but I'm curious what the designer's intent was.

Awsome wave BTW. Only niggle complaint is the white paint on the red goggles Vindicator cowl is on the thin side, so it looks pink in some lights. But that could be just mine.

Okay, one more... the Rhino, which is awsome sauce cool, is a hybrid design. And those always bug me a little. By hybrid, I mean it's a classic Rhino suit for most of it, but it had the studded bracers on the ankles and wrists which Rhino wore during his Sinister Sydnicate stint when he added chest and shoulder armor and those studded bands over his classic suit. Again, it's a minor niggle that only a complete nutjob like myself would let bother him.

If you check the Hardcover edition of the OHOTMU, they number the Iron Man armors. There's a timeframe where they all really blur together, but I have it narrowed down to these:

Model 24 (Iron Man #73, 2003): The Minimate has a much smoother design, this armor is a lot clunkier. Probably not this one.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/8/8c/MikeFichera--IronMan-Model24.jpg

Model 25 (Iron Man #74, 2004): The pre-Extremis armor. Very close, the way Minimate arms are designed it's hard to say exactly. But everything else is there.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/e/e7/MikeFichera--IronMan-Model25.jpg

Model 29 (Iron Man #1, 2005): The Extremis armor. Almost identical to the Model 25, but the gold parts on the legs for Extremis are smooth. The Minimate has the overlapping plates on the legs for the gold parts, so it's closer to Model 25.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/f/f8/MikeFichera--IronMan-Model29.jpg

So in conclusion, I think it's the Model 25 armor. If you compare the Minimate to all the above, I think it's clear.

And I noticed that about Rhino too but assumed maybe he looked like that for a brief time. I guess not since I couldn't find any proof.

Mine's a tiny bit pink too. It doesn't bother me too much as i was intending to display her with the blue visor anyway, but for those who prefer the red, it might be a little annoying.

I'm not sure if the paint if thicker on the blue visor, but it doesn't seem as obvious on that one.

Edited by Nessex

Yeah, I'm one of those guys who argues with that handbook's Model numbers, since they get a couple just wrong. (Deep Sea appeared after the Silver Centurion, yet they keep putting it before in the lineup) And to my mind there are three general purpose armors between the Grell/Magna inspired "Prometheus II" and Extremis with differences so small, they really shouldn't count as seperate "Model"s, but different "Mark"s of the Model 21. (my opinion, but if the all gold armor is the Model 1 Mark 2, and the "recovery armor" is the Model 1 Mark 4...) I think, based on the shoulder design and some of the back kibble that it is indeed the 21/1. Same Model that when it was done as a ML back in the day earned the nickname "duckface". (I consider the "25" the "21/3"... but that's me)

JMO. Only the designer knows for sure.

Just putting this out there for anyone interested... Went to my TRU this morning and they still have several Box/Vindicator and Havok/Storm 2 Packs. If anyone is still in need of these, let me know and I'll be more than happy to run up there and grab them for a trade.