UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, here are a few repaints I have had done for ages, but never got around to posting them. My biggest problem I am finding is if I don't post it right away, or have one started and just need to do either a little paint, or make a decal or something that should take me no time at all.......it never seems to get done, and just sits.

Do any of you guys have this problem?

back to the repaints, sorry about the rest of that :biggrin:

The Trapjaw I did a few years ago is still one of my favorites, but seemed a little too thrown together, so just with a little fresh paint, and a head swap(which I am not sure about) he seems a little more finished now.

trapjawclaw.jpg

trapjawgun2.jpg

trapjawblade1.jpg

and a Group shot of some pretty cranky looking dudes :verymad:

evilcrew.jpg

Dammit Nervous! That looks wonderful... I do think I like the original face better, though... The group shot looks awesome...

Oh, and about that Vampire: You're awesome! Those are so zarkin' cool that I can't even believe it...

How many of those Ninjas are you gonna make? These look great. Love Storm Shadow... Don't change a thing...

Well done, sir, well done...

hey thanks guys for the feedback, and I think ole trappy is going back to his original head, I knew I prefered it as well, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

here are a few others that have been done for awhile. not much in the way of super tough customs, but just a few quickies.

first off, here is how I like my Hal, going grey...like myself...just repainted wildcat's black hair,and I added a decal to his lantern.

halgrey.jpg

another semi-quick custom, Alan Scott. I didn't want to go all out on him, hoping a real one will be coming very soon

glsentinel.jpg

and lastly, I always hated the big boxy chest on the Martian Manhunter, and when I got him, I trimmed out the green, and left his red straps, but then one broke, so this is how my MM looks now, and I personally like him the best this way :biggrin:

manhunter.jpg

Brilliant customs even the quick customs. I was wondering...

I know you have probably answered this twenty times but the decals you use I know you use a printer but is it a special printer, can one buy it or is it something hard to find and the art for the decals do you design them or do you just cut and past from other images? If I am asking to many of your secrets just tell me to shut up and go away.

Brilliant customs even the quick customs. I was wondering...

I know you have probably answered this twenty times but the decals you use I know you use a printer but is it a special printer, can one buy it or is it something hard to find and the art for the decals do you design them or do you just cut and past from other images? If I am asking to many of your secrets just tell me to shut up and go away.

Hey guys thanks again for looking, and the comments :biggrin:

vbpanizzi- The printer I use for most of the decals is an ALPS MD1000 and isn't made anymore by ALPS, I believe they sold the rights to a japanese company a few years ago, which (from what I hear/read) sells for a few thousand bucks. It enables me to lay down a white undercoat, and actual shiny metallic colors.

as far as the designs go, it is 95% me, I do use other stuff sometimes as a guide and rework it to fit into my designs