UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier *w/ Spoilers*

Lurch77

I think the Commander Rogers look translates pretty well for a movie costume. That said, aside from the ears and the belt, I thought the Avengers costume looked pretty good. I'm not sure why Marvel feels the need to change every costume for every movie.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why Marvel feels the need to change every costume for every movie.

Merchandising.

Even changing IM's arc reactor from round to a triangle from IM1 to IM2 helped sell more toys.

As an autograph collector, it's frustrating because the looks are already pretty varied from movie to movie, so I've given up on trying to have everyone "match" (As in I have my Cap Movie Chris Evans in with my Avengers collection - he's very difficult to obtain and I'm not holding my breath on getting him again on a new costume pic).

Don't speak too soon about the shield...

Bucky can't possibly get more perfect. Such a great translation; he stepped right off the page.

Interesting choice to paint over the red with a slate blue. It looks as though the paint is wearing off in a few places where the shield got dinged (presumably from use/battles). I'm hoping the new color scheme will be a temporary visual to represent Steve's conflict in transitioning fully into present day - once he's more comfortable and has found his place, the reds will return.

maybe.

and yeah, Bucky is killer. I love how his arm looks crazy muscular even through the leather sleeve =P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://youtu.be/NLWsK1ZFunA

Cap is one of my all-time favorite comic characters, and I don't think he's received the appropriate level or type of attention in the movies so far. This trailer has me thinking this movie may change all that. Looks fantastic.

I read a brief interview with the actor playing him, and the impression I got was that he is a military commando guy. Which to me is disappointing, as the Falcon in the comic is an ex-gangster, and has a social justice motivation which is cool and different from lots of other superheroes. I'm hoping he's not just an equivalent of a Rhodey for Cap to hang around with.

Well, I'm not sure what you were expecting. Arnim Zola wasn't a facebox with a camera.

Yeah, but it's a cheap way out to take what may seem on their surface to be difficult characters and just turn them into generic military guys to get around it. That's what they did with Hawkeye, of course. I hope he is somehow interesting and distinctive.

Well, I'm not sure what you were expecting. Arnim Zola wasn't a facebox with a camera.

Yeah, but it's a cheap way out to take what may seem on their surface to be difficult characters and just turn them into generic military guys to get around it. That's what they did with Hawkeye, of course. I hope he is somehow interesting and distinctive.

Not really. Being based on Ultimate Hawkeye, technically it's accurate. But even military-based Ult. Hawkeye has a very troubled, not-so-legal-activity filled past. That's why SHIELD recruited him. I totally expect that to be the case with movie Hawkeye and Falcon.

Oh, and, HOLY FREAKING BABY JESUS YES THAT WAS AMAZING. I almost jumped out of my seat when Bucky caught the shield. And Redford looks like he's gonna be a great addition. Literally going to be the film of my 2014, i can't wait.

Yeah, I know Hawkeye was Ultimates-based, but I still think it was the easy way out. And he just seems to be some generic black ops soldier at this point. If he did something illegal or immoral, it was most likely at the behest of his employer--the U.S. government. He's just not the Clint Barton I grew up reading and liking.

What? Arnim Zola wasn't always a robot with a human consciousness. He was a man first and thats who was represented in the film.

As far as Sam goes, I kinda figured they would drop the ball with him, but Winter Soldier Bucky looks great IMO.

Yeah, I know Hawkeye was Ultimates-based, but I still think it was the easy way out. And he just seems to be some generic black ops soldier at this point. If he did something illegal or immoral, it was most likely at the behest of his employer--the U.S. government. He's just not the Clint Barton I grew up reading and liking.

I agree with everything you said. "The government was behind everything" gets really tiresome after a while.

not that impressed with the trailer. WS loks to be good but leather jacket and shield Rogers is just boring. I get that the movie stars want to be seen an not be hidden behind masks but to me it looks plain bland.

Still on my see list when it comes out but I'm not super into it as of yet.

• 4 months later...