UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates 10th Anniversary Celebration Contest

Lurch77

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i LOVE it! Totally catchy and awesome. Have the MP3?

Yeah, the embedded [media] tag used to work, but I think it was disabled because someone around here was abusing it. :whistling: Either that or I'm stupid.

Not that those two are mutually exclusive mind you.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Oh thank you for that.

EDIT @ 11:30 - I've been listening to this on repeat for almost 2 hours straight now. It will not get out of my brain. Also, I think "A third the size, but twice as great" is the absolute best slogan minimates could have.

Edited by The Geohound

That is fantastic Hav, very original.

As someone who has very little artistic ability I must say a big 'well done' to all the entrants so far. Some great stuff, and some entries that I never expected.

Competitions likes this show just what a special odd creative bunch we all are :lol:

Okay, so, uh, this isn't my entry, but I did use it and give you credit for a music video. 5:25 mark if you're interested.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I have never watched the show before, but am very interested now, it legit looks funny. another shameful thing for me to like and watch....

Great job on video btw.

Today's the last day, get those entries in!!

Here's my official entry, but I'm not in the running for prizes.

You Might Be a Minimate Collector If ...

• you hand minimate 2-packs to kids browsing the toy aisles at TRU.
  • hit the MMDB random button for fun ... at least 10 times a day.
  • you scan the toy aisles at the dollar store for minimate displays/accessories.
  • kids in your neighborhood come to you for spare minimate parts.
  • you have superglued on the same hip joint three times now hoping this time it'll stay on for good.
  • you have said you're going to stick to one minimate line but end up getting figures from all the lines.
  • you buy other toys because they are in a good scale with minimates.
  • you have release dates for upcoming waves marked on your calendar.
  • the workers at TRU recognize your voice when you call inquiring if the new wave is in the store.
  • you celebrate the International Day of Minimate Inquisition by sending in a question to AskDST.
  • you regularly add the Random Mystery Loose Minimate or the Grab Bags to your order at Luke's Toy Store.
  • you don't talk about TTFC.
  • you have minimates from a movie/tv show/comic you have never seen or read.
  • you have checked out a movie/tv show/comic because there are minimates for it.
  • you give minimates as birthday gifts.
  • you wish more people would give you minimates for your birthday.
  • you search eBay for every variation of the word 'minimate' that you can think of.
  • you have ever stuck a minimate in the freezer so you can remove its helmet/hair/etc.
  • you have ever swapped parts to create a quick custom.
  • you will always hold on to hope for DC minimates.
  • you have ever traded with someone half-way acrros the world just to get an extra hairpiece that looks better on your favorite figure.
  • you have an entire shelf/room/etc to display your minimates.
  • you have storage boxes with all your minimates hoping that one day you'll be allowed by your spouse to display them all.
  • you have ever posted a list of what you think the next minimate wave will consist of.
  • you can't believe that numskull on MMC gave your favorite figure a 8 when it's clearly a 10.
  • you have so many army builders that you have trouble taking a picture wide enough to fit them all in.
  • you take minimates with you on vacation.
  • you take pictures of minimates when you're on vacation.
  • you have gone to Free Comic Book Day at your local LCS hoping they still have some FCBD minimates to give out.
  • Riot Attack Spider-Man and Gold/Silver Spider-Man have always been on your Have/Want Trade list.
  • you have ever inspected new packs in stores to pick the one with the best paint apps.
  • you wish BHM would open a minimate theme-park at his lake.
  • you hang on to mimimate packaging because you think it looks cool.
  • you create custom minimates for charity auctions.
  • you have ever used minimates as a cake toppers.
  • you have dreams about finding MIP Gold or Silver Spider-Man minimates for $1 at a yard sale.
  • you enter a contest on the Minimate Multiverse for the Minimates 10th Anniversary Celebration.

And to add just a little bit more guilt to all the slackers that haven't entered yet; my entry took me all of about 5 mins to do. No painting or customizing or Photoshop or picture taking skills needed and very little time and vocabrurary skills needed too :tongue:

Here is my entry for the Minimate 10th Anniversary Celebration Contest. Enjoy!

TenYears10.jpg

Very cool!

Hello everyone,My name is Taylor.I am eight years old and I live in Scotland.

This is my official entry to the Minimates 10th Anniversary Celebration Contest.

Good luck to all the other competitors.

post-6674-0-76684700-1346708169_thumb.jp

BWAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

You Might Be a Minimate Collector If ...

• you have dreams about finding MIP Gold or Silver Spider-Man minimates for $1 at a yard sale.

And to add just a little bit more guilt to all the slackers that haven't entered yet; my entry took me all of about 5 mins to do. No painting or customizing or Photoshop or picture taking skills needed and very little time and vocabrurary skills needed too :tongue:

Quiet, man! I'm STILL trying to convince people that writing is work!

Here's my attempt at an entry. It's 'Celebrity SHIELD Class of 2012'

post-333-0-97408200-1346777489_thumb.jpg

I wanted to pay tribute to many of the awesome, wide-spanning celebrity likenesses that have appeared in Minimate form over the last ten years. Sadly, my photo skills kept me from getting a very clear picture, but you'll see more later probably. It would be a really cool contest to have people guess who all the agents are...

That is pretty damn awesome.

And I just got Fujis book in the mail. Professionally printed and everything. There are no words, so I will shoot video.

Edited by Zach Oat