UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prometheus 'Mates -- Helmets?

You can probably use those plastic bubble containers that small toys come in for those 50 cents or 75 cents machines(Next to Gumball machines). Like not the regular size ones,but if they were for like a Toy Ring or Smaller toys, those bubble containers are like half the size. Maybe something like that would work, you know what I mean?

the bubbles seemed flimsy and often fogged up.

I LOVED that they fogged up. It made it more real. As a cosplayer, helmet visors don't stay crystal clear. They get foggy depending on your breathing & the environment you're in. I was so glad to see them do/allow that.

the bubbles seemed flimsy and often fogged up.

I LOVED that they fogged up. It made it more real. As a cosplayer, helmet visors don't stay crystal clear. They get foggy depending on your breathing & the environment you're in. I was so glad to see them do/allow that.

I agree that it is "real" looking. However, I would think that if we are advanced enough to travel a million miles across the universe and build robots that are practically indistinguishable from real humans, we could manage no-fog helmets. In fact, as a former diver, I know we have ways of avoiding condensation and fog.

Not to nit-pick. Just playing devil's advocate, I guess. I certainly see your angle.

I've been searching for minimate-compatible helmets for an unrelated project of mine & I was surprised when I realised that Lego figures' heads aren't as small as I thought. They're smaller than Mates' heads but not that much ....bearing that in mind try looking on ebay for Lego 'space helmets' & similar & you may well be surprised what you find.

IF someone knows that Lego helmets will not..... in any circumstances..... fit on Minimate heads then please say so & we'll all be saved a lot of trouble.

This may help in the helmet search.

http://www.minimatem...93687_thumb.jpg

The helmet is from the Star Wars galactic heroes.here is a pic of the set it comes from

I would love to see some Prometheus mates :biggrin:

post-3300-0-06570100-1339772416_thumb.jp

I've been searching for minimate-compatible helmets for an unrelated project of mine & I was surprised when I realised that Lego figures' heads aren't as small as I thought. They're smaller than Mates' heads but not that much ....bearing that in mind try looking on ebay for Lego 'space helmets' & similar & you may well be surprised what you find.

IF someone knows that Lego helmets will not..... in any circumstances..... fit on Minimate heads then please say so & we'll all be saved a lot of trouble.

Nope! Lego helmets are still too small and won't fit.

3 3/4" figures are the most compatible. I'd recommend looking at some of the Clone Wars action figures, similar to the Galactic Heroes ones pictured above, those exact costumes are available as figures. Those would be most likely to fit, but not sure if they're currently on the market right now or "rare".

This may help in the helmet search.

http://www.minimatem...93687_thumb.jpg

The helmet is from the Star Wars galactic heroes.here is a pic of the set it comes from

I would love to see some Prometheus mates :biggrin:

these are what I have been using on something I am currently working on for myself. they work awesome, and are flexible, so you can manipulate them to fit over different stuff. here are a few wip's

post-21-0-52983500-1340126235_thumb.pngpost-21-0-87157100-1340126239_thumb.pngpost-21-0-58804300-1340126245_thumb.pngpost-21-0-43371000-1340126250_thumb.png

Nope! Lego helmets are still too small and won't fit.

3 3/4" figures are the most compatible. I'd recommend looking at some of the Clone Wars action figures, similar to the Galactic Heroes ones pictured above, those exact costumes are available as figures. Those would be most likely to fit, but not sure if they're currently on the market right now or "rare".

I'm not trying to score any points here but as I said I've been working on an unrelated project which involves Lego-sized helmets ....here's the result post-638-0-38745400-1340301487_thumb.jpg

Not the finest photo you'll ever see but I can assure you that that helmet fits very well on a new JJJ 'mate & perfectly on some other 'mate heads I have . It goes on without any trouble & unlike JJJ's Minimate hair ,it stays on .

Whether all lego helmets fit 'mates..... I don't know.... but I'm pleased I stuck with my gut feeling . I bought 4 for just over $2 delivered :thumbsup:

these are what I have been using on something I am currently working on for myself. they work awesome, and are flexible, so you can manipulate them to fit over different stuff. here are a few wip's

post-21-0-52983500-1340126235_thumb.pngpost-21-0-87157100-1340126239_thumb.png

So, Galactic Heroes helmet on top of Apocalypse chest piece? Because then that will make my Mr. Freeze PERFECT.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS18981&mode=retail

$2.50 on clearance!

The Lego knight helmets will NOT fit without Dremeling the inside of the helmet and the edge of the Minimate head. I used this approach to make a custom figure recently (see my Statesman figure).