UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shooting the breeze...

With the Staff's permission hopefully, I figured this would be a good idea to create. (If not, lock it down and contain it before it spreads!!!)

Running of Lobsterman and Geohound's idea in the SDCC thread, this is a thread for nothing and everything. Sort of like the Chat, but smaller and not as instant. In other words, have something you wish to address that doesn't really deserve/warrant a thread entirely on its own?? Discuss it here. Can be minimal wishlisting like how the discussion spawned in the SDCC thread, something from your day, toy and industry related or not, just drop in and have your say!

Now, i know we have an entire forum for this, but like i said, not every idea warrants an entire thread. All Forum rules will still apply, so try to behave, but hopefully the Staff will allow to keep on keeping on.

Chat away!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to show some initiative. Let me be the first to congratulate you, and when things go wrong, let me be the first to blame you as well. :) It's actually kind of hard to believe there was never a general chit chat and shenanigans thread before.

Edit: Drat! Foiled again.

Edited by Turtle

I figure we can't have the Chat open all the time for obvious, and stated, reasons, so a general thread that can have frequent Mod activity would be a nice alternative.

Just a lot of tensions running high and topic changes lately, so...here's a place for them. Thanks, guys!! :thumbsup:

Alright,I'm going to start with a question: I bought the psvita on launch day and have downloaded most of the games. I haven't played with it for about a month. So my question is: should I keep it or sell it and buy a 3ds? I have a ps3(an xbox 360,a gaming laptop and generrally more powerfull machines than nintendo's)and the last nintendo console I bought was the ds. What should I do?

Alright,I'm going to start with a question: I bought the psvita on launch day and have downloaded most of the games. I haven't played with it for about a month. So my question is: should I keep it or sell it and buy a 3ds? I have a ps3(an xbox 360,a gaming laptop and generrally more powerfull machines than nintendo's)and the last nintendo console I bought was the ds. What should I do?

Dunno, but I'm thinking of selling my PS3 (again) to buy more Minimates. :lol:

I wouldn't sell my ps3. But I'm leaning towards selling my psvita to buy a 3ds. Mirror of fate looks awesome and the only thing announced for the vita are some downloadable games and a rythm game.

speaking of sony stuff, my ps3 stopped playing blu-rays discs :/ movies and games, EVERY thing else works fine on it except that, is this a system breaking problem or can it be fixed without losing all my saved stuff?

I wouldn't sell my ps3. But I'm leaning towards selling my psvita to buy a 3ds. Mirror of fate looks awesome and the only thing announced for the vita are some downloadable games and a rythm game.

I haven't played the thing in over a month. Then again, I might keep it just to use as a Blu-Ray player.

I haven't played the thing in over a month. Then again, I might keep it just to use as a Blu-Ray player.

If you have lots of games I would suggest not to sell it. If you have a gaming pc or an Xbox 360 on the other hand sell it. Or you could wait till next year to buy the wii u.

You guys do realize that my comment which seems to have made some of you self conscious about our wonderful tendency to wander down tangents was in fact a joke. I was just amused that in the space of three hours, you guys had generated 3 new pages of discussion and were now talking about something so unrelated to where we were when I had last checked in that I couldn't help but laugh a little. And when I check in again, I discover several more pages alternating between some hilariously random nonsense and minor hand-ringing about going so off topic. Wake up to find TTF, bless his heart, has created a whole thread just for rambling. I feel the overwhelming urge to say "oops". :unsure:

speaking of sony stuff, my ps3 stopped playing blu-rays discs :/ movies and games, EVERY thing else works fine on it except that, is this a system breaking problem or can it be fixed without losing all my saved stuff?

Honestly,I have no idea.

I'm on my second ps3 in about 4 years. The first one was the older style bulky ps3 it started having problems reading blu ray movies..then ps3 disks..then wouldn't read any disk at all. You can try and have someone repair it..sony offers to repair them for like $100 bucks plus shipping and handling. Most towns have someone who repairs them. Maybe worth it to see how much it'll cost you.

My first PS3 did this too and I contacted Sony and they said it would be about $150 to fix. So I just bought a new one and use the old one as a digital media player. Also I think you can subscribe to Playstation Plus and back up all of you saves and stuff to some sort of cloud storage.

You guys do realize that my comment which seems to have made some of you self conscious about our wonderful tendency to wander down tangents was in fact a joke. I was just amused that in the space of three hours, you guys had generated 3 new pages of discussion and were now talking about something so unrelated to where we were when I had last checked in that I couldn't help but laugh a little. And when I check in again, I discover several more pages alternating between some hilariously random nonsense and minor hand-ringing about going so off topic. Wake up to find TTF, bless his heart, has created a whole thread just for rambling. I feel the overwhelming urge to say "oops". :unsure:

If you would rather ramble in the SDCC thread or one of the 500 Speculation threads, instead, feel free. :whistling:

darn i was afraid of that :confused:

well anyway, ive been working on a super hero team i plan to write about called W.G.A.F. (Who Gives A F**K)

they are inspired by Mark Millers style but with a lot of my own style as well....more info soon

If you have lots of games I would suggest not to sell it. If you have a gaming pc or an Xbox 360 on the other hand sell it. Or you could wait till next year to buy the wii u.

I have a few PS1 games that I bought on PSN. I had Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, but sold it after I'd beaten the game with everyone. Needless to say, the funds I procured from the sale went to Minimates. :P

Sweet, sweet vacation. There's not much better than waking up to the sound of waves crashing and the knowledge that you don't have to be back at work for a week.

My ps3 was one of the best investments I've made. I don't have time to play games much anymore, but as a blu-ray player and video streaming device, it's a champ.

Edited by Turtle

I got a Vita at launch and I'm not blown away by it but the potential of it is too great to let it go this early. The Uncharted game is good and if you are into Baseball MLB the show is fun and you can play the same franchise on the ps3 and Vita thanks to the ability of saving to the cloud. I think that if you give up on it now something is going to come out and you'll be wishing you still had it.