UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Direct has become DC Collectibles

boyd

DC Direct got rebranded this morning and is now called DC Collectibles. They're still producing the same figures and statues, but will now offer them online through the DC web site starting in May. And they'll begin offering exclusives, like Sinestro & Green Lantern busts, and a Flashpoint action figure set. Read more about it here.

Awesome! This means DC Minimates are coming back!

Sorry, I just wanted to say that and get it out of the way before someone else said it and really meant it.

Yeah, I expected to get those comments as well. And I know I have a better chance of a wood chipper falling out of the sky and killing me than seeing new DC Minimates, but I will admit that the possibility did cross my mind when I saw they were introducing DTC sales. Hope springs eternally, I guess.

"For fans attending C2E2 in Chicago this weekend (April 13-15) Geoff Johns will moderate a DC Collectibles panel that will showcase the new website and brand logo, and offer an exclusive sneak peak of never announced DC Collectibles products coming later in 2012. The panel is on Friday, April 13 at 2:30pm CT."

Any Minimatiacs planning on attending and pressing for a third run of DC Minimates?

"For fans attending C2E2 in Chicago this weekend (April 13-15) Geoff Johns will moderate a DC Minimates panel that will showcase the new website and brand logo, and offer an exclusive sneak peak of never announced DC Minimates coming later in 2012."

Awesome :highfive2:

With my increasing gameplay in DC Universe Online, I've been wanting DC mates more and more......I would actually like to see a slight decrease in Marvel minimates and make that decrease into an increase in DC mates.

Wishful thinking....I know

The only thing I have to say is I like this will clear up the confusing short hand over Diamond Comic Distrubtors and DC Direct, now if only DC Unlimited would change it’s name so it can stop being so similar to Mattel’s now defunct DC 6inch line.

“I went to TRU and got a DCUC Jonah Hex and a DCU Kratos, then I went to my LCS and got a DCD Batman Inc Batman and a NECA Jonah Hex I ordered through DCD"