UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

that trailer was incredible :O

Mandarin was doing the voice over and im really liking his cold sinister voice, as well as his rings :D

the Extremis use on the glove really makes me think its going to look amazing :D

this looks great, its going to talk about all the stuff after the Avengers it seems, and it feels like Tony is having to deal with magic infecting his life of technology, so im guessing the Extremis suit is using a tech that is more magic to him than not...or i could be way off

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who/What is Tony pulling at the end? Cause I thought it was his armor, but everyone seems to be "OMG!"

Yeah, it looks like armor to me too. Relates back to the beginning of the trailer where he's lying in the snow and it looks like the suit powers down and he takes the mask off. I took it as more of a showing of his resiliency (and an indirect response to Cap's "take away the armor" thing from Avengers).

Definitely looks promising. Who's the girl right as Mandarin says ladies?

Looks so much better than the previous bits and pieces we have seen. The rising from the ashes angle should be cool, probably reference his capture in the first one. There was a small interview with Feige in USA Today about the movie. Some excerpts are on marvelous news;

Iron Man 3 picks up some months after The Avengers, with Tony and love interest Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) back and running Stark Industries. However, Tony is targeted by the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) — Iron Man's most iconic foe from the comics — and has a vast array of gadgets and weaponry wiped out.

"He basically loses all of his toys and is forced to just use his mind to rebuild and to face his biggest enemy," Feige says, resulting in the most advanced Iron Man suit yet.

Iron Man 3 will be more about a clash of technology, Feige says and those who have been paying close attention to the previous two films know that The Ten Rings is a term for the terrorist group that kidnapped Tony Stark in the first movie, and gave the villain Whiplash some assistance in the sequel.

while it does look incredibly like cap's shield, part of me just assumes its that we cant see it close enough, making me guess its a red lined circle with a dragon in it or something....either that or....Coulson isnt the only one with Captain America trading cards

• 3 months later...

Part of what I'm curious about is how are they going to justify Tony alone, largely on his own, against the Mandarin and AIM when they've already established the close eye SHIELD keeps on him, his Avengers teammates, etc. He got too out of control w/ his drinking and partying last movie and SHIELD stepped in to help him get everything under control. His house gets destroyed, he's left for dead, and Tasha and Clint aren't leading a SHIELD field unit to find him?

Part of what I'm curious about is how are they going to justify Tony alone, largely on his own, against the Mandarin and AIM when they've already established the close eye SHIELD keeps on him, his Avengers teammates, etc. He got too out of control w/ his drinking and partying last movie and SHIELD stepped in to help him get everything under control. His house gets destroyed, he's left for dead, and Tasha and Clint aren't leading a SHIELD field unit to find him?

Maybe they are...

Seriously though, I agree with you completely. Was also hoping we'd see the big Green guy in this one. Him getting a job at Stark Industries would make a lot of sense IMO, and it would be great to see a scene on screen where Bruce is helping Tony test his armours in some sort of Danger Room style environment, throwing Tony around like a rag doll. 'This one needs a lot of improvement!'

Kinda figured the "surprise" in that last set. No shocker there.

Love the first pic. That's the set i was hoping for from this movie, hope Minimate can fit in there. Funny how everyone is using that techy t-shirt except DST.

I also hadn't expected

Mandarin to actually be in the helicopter.

If that's accurate, that's really bizarrely interesting.

Oh, you missed one:

906fk1.png

Edited by Twisted Two-Face