UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up MM.. I think you just saved me a busted Brood! :)

I just opened a pack after reading your post and yeah it looks like the soft plastic/joint is definitely a weak spot & needs a lot of GENTLE coercion to loosen up.

T.

p.s. Great pic!

Again, glad that I caught it! :)

I think some of the paint got dried in those joints, actually. Some of my Brood had no issues, but of the ones that did have that problem... yeah, that's what it was. I did the whole careful jostle and dunked 'em in hot water and they're just fine now.

Also, thanks for the pic compliment! It's my crappy camera on my phone... but I had to post it, even looking lousy as it does, because I'm so excited about this series!

I'm really lookin' forward to my Havok/Storm set to add to these guys. :D

Can't wait to try some washes and dry brushing for a bit of diversity amongst my Brood when they arrive.

This is one army builder that i have actually gone ahead and ordered more than 2 of up front, rather than trying desperately to find more once i have them in hand (see: AIM & Hand Ninja, lol).

i totally lost a leg on one of my Brood. but it's ok... i can glue it back on. this is actually the third mate i've busted a leg on over the years... the first being Astonishing Shadowcat, the 2nd being Feral. whoops!

oh, and i actually perfect Dazzler with her 2nd hair piece and no jacket. that's how i displayed her.

DSC02677.jpg

I agree with Hellpop and CortherX, I have my Dazzler with her second hairpiece and no jacket. The only X-men who wear jackets I feel are Gambit, Rouge, and Jubilee.

And nice group shot CortherX.

Edited by SuperChefMate

Just got my order in from Luke. A nice set overall, but the Wolverine eyes on his mask are crooked just like (apparently) all the others I've seen here. I got two of them so far, and both look the same. I hate to be this way about it, but that one issue is keeping me from enjoying this wave much right now. This is the figure I've wanted most and looked most forward to for, well, years, and it's flawed in a way that is very obvious and hard to ignore. Bah. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to pull out different Wolvie masks from my closet to see if anything works.

Yeah, despite the occasional glitch Minimate quality is usually pretty great, but I just don't trust that factory to print any Wolverine mate's eyes in the right place. I actually avoid buying new Wolvies online for that reason alone -- this is like the third or fourth time where the eyes were all over the place on the ones I looked through at the store.

Of course then I was so happy to find one with almost straight/centered eyes, that I didn't notice the top bit of his chest tampo was missing until I got home :pinch:

First post! I'm a new addict. It's hard to find the new Outback sets here in Las Vegas. As of Saturday only ONE comic shop in town had them. But I got my Brood sets. Then I went and bought a Havok/Storm pack from TRU. Saturday was a good minimate day. :biggrin: As soon as I get up the nerve to spend a bundle on the good Betsy my 80's X-Men collection will be complete.

Fastball2.jpg

That looks like an improvement, as it is more centered than the stock one. I never picked up Best Of Wolvie, and it also looks a bit uneven on Ivan's site, but I may give it a shot. I've got a Wolvie from the MVC3 pack with Viewtiful Joe that I will also check out.

@Zach– Brilliant use of lens flare in the Dazzler pic; that really makes the shot!

@CableNathan– Nice to see another Vegas collector (as long as you don't start scalping! :lol: ) Vegas has been pretty dry for the past couple years; most of the LCSs have stopped carrying Minimates. Comic Oasis has started stocking them again, so I expect they'll get wave 47 this week. Also, if you're looking to pick up some older stuff, there's a place at the Swap Meet on Sahara and Oakey that has a bunch of previous waves and box sets. They may give you a little discount if you tell them the tall guy sent you. ;)

@Zach– Brilliant use of lens flare in the Dazzler pic; that really makes the shot!

@CableNathan– Nice to see another Vegas collector (as long as you don't start scalping! :lol: ) Vegas has been pretty dry for the past couple years; most of the LCSs have stopped carrying Minimates. Comic Oasis has started stocking them again, so I expect they'll get wave 47 this week. Also, if you're looking to pick up some older stuff, there's a place at the Swap Meet on Sahara and Oakey that has a bunch of previous waves and box sets. They may give you a little discount if you tell them the tall guy sent you. ;)

Oh sweet I was planning on stopping by the swap meet last weekend but didn't get around to it. I will go this weekend for sure then. I'll be sure to mention you, haha. I was hoping Comic Oasis would get the new wave but none of them had any clue if they would get it last time I went there. I had to drive across town to maximum comics to get mine.

Welcome CableNathan. You've started collecting at a good time - this is one of the coolest waves in a long time :thumbsup:

Thanks! I love the current wave too. It's too bad that I started so late though considering how expensive it is trying to acquire the older wave sets. But I will persevere and keep looking for deals! :)