UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

I know I should post this in the want/haves, but if anyone has a Glenn hat- just the hat, I'll send you a hammer drone. PM me if interested.

if we’re begging for parts if anyone plans to display their Rick (or Shane) without their jacket I’d gladly take it off your hands, once I had it in hand I realized it was great for a custom I’m working on but don’t want to spend another $8,00 for a bomber jacket and nothing else I need.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is extremely infuriating. I ordered the three packs they had listed the other day, the day after I ordered them they added the fourth pack. Three nights ago I ordered the Shane and Zombie pack and the next day it said back order, kept my fingers crossed. Today before I left for work it said the item was located in stock and was processing. On my lunch break I checked and it said cancelled. Was already kind of a dud day, ruined the rest of it seeing that. I also paid with paypal so it sounds like I will have to go through a bunch of red tape.

I'm going to say this. Every time we go through this rigamaroll of "They're out!" "Oh noes! I can't find them!" "HELP MEEE!" and every time I say "Chill out guys, it's still early. They'll show up." and every time I've been right.

Except once. Angel/Warpath. I was dead wrong.

Note that this time I'm not saying anything.

We've got 2 problems here. 1) TWD (for some unknown reason) is WAY STUPID FREAKIN POPULAR! That translates into toys and comics. Darrel is selling for 8x retail. That's stupid!

2) Every store has under-ordered for Christmas. Let me repeat that. EVERY store has UNDER ordered for Christmas. BADLY. This week I've stocked 3 TRUs and 6 Walmarts with Lego. They're empty. The entire section has holes. TRU is doing resets every other week now just to fill in the holes. The product isn't just not shipping, it straight up doesn't exist.

So when DST says they know what they're doing, I believe them. But after seeing the holes in TRU, after reading last quarter's sales reports, and knowing how quickly these things are selling out, I know TRU didn't buy enough of anything. Minimates included.

It's only going to get worse the closer to the 25th we get.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Regards Dino's post ,strangely enough I have found myself saying the same thing in the past. Not this time.

Maybe I'm a victim of the hype ? I love Minimates but I've always been realistic in my expectations for them ,my buying habits are consistent no matter what is being sold,I generally love what I see & I probably moan too much about what peeves me about their limitations. I've seen 'civilian' 'mates flounder time & time again & I'm aware from what I read here that many of us feel the same way,give us some superhero in a costume & we all know who it is & we all want one,give us a '24' box-set & we'll forget who the guy in the tie is within minutes. Army building has been a relatively new Minimate idea which has been embraced by the sector of this board that will build massive swathes of AIM & SHIELD guys yet very few of us want more than one Aunt May or Flavor-of-the-month Spidey .I'm so in awe of the customisers on this board I've just run out of superlatives but some of us (me) are barely able to paint the porch let alone a Minimate face ....it is frustrating.

Then we hear of 'Walking Dead' Minimates .....all of a sudden we have a range of fun Minimates from a current hugely popular TV & comic franchise that everybody is talking about. There is suddenly a Minimate army .....a herd...that can be pieced together cheaply without having any customising skills....... & your own herd is unique. This line will keep everybody happy....WD fans (comic & TV),Minimate fans,customisers & army builders...& I don't see too much sitting on the shelves peg-warming because they are all potential..howdoyouguyssay....fodder.

Zombie Fodder ....very apt.

Phenomenon.

I'll be damned when I say this but I'll be damned if I don't .....pick up the LCS wave somewhere.....quickly.

Thanks for the heads up! And as per your note earlier in the thread about a UK supplier, Chuck said that he thought Forbidden Planet would definitely be carrying them. But they always carry minimates...

I would love for TRU to be carrying them, but I don't see any sort of 'adult' collectibles (stop sniggering in the back!) in my local TRU. The TRUs in the US are whole different barrel of fish, and they seem to be much better at the whole Exclusives thing.

I'm just glad I could buy 7 Ghostbuster Zombie Taxi drivers when I could for my Left 4 Dead customs/display. Ironic that I had to wait this long to get a baseball cap for Ellis.

I'm looking to get the Walking Dead set in time- I'd like to make AMC versions of the characters. At this point in my collection along with wishy-washiness of TRU combined with Dinobot's comment about certain waves being unattainable for whatever reason-- I now have more fodder parts* (various arms, legs, weapons, etc.) than actually complete minimates. For that reason I've decided it's easier for me to make customs of characters that aren't being produced.

*Because I have so many parts/pieces it's difficult to keep them all organized. I have five craft boxes full of parts. It's a daunting task to organize them all if anyone is looking for any particular appendages/weapons let me know. My goal is take pics of what I have, label it numerically and post it here for easier trading. :thumbsup:

Considering there's barely a handful of the exclusive sets on ebay, none at online stores yet, and only a few lucky people here who either received them from tru.com(mine was cancelled late last night) or in a brick store, I really think there's still plenty to be had - somewhere. Whether in transit from warehouses, in stockrooms or just sitting untouched in a warehouse due to misnaming and inventory screw up. If they are really sold out, then where are they? It really just doesn't add up yet.

It's possible they were simply bought by fans of the show who have no interest in reselling. They just got a nice plug in the Walking Dead magazine, and a couple of moderately high profile sites covered them (Collider, Pop Candy). And if they were already going there to buy these apparently hot-hot-hot McFarlane figures...

I think ive said this before, but my only gripe with this line (difficulty of attaining the TRU exclusives aside) is the packaging.

I started getting minimates because, from Marvel wave 3 onwards, I could open up the package, enjoy the figures and then put them back in their box and they still felt complete. I really dislike carded figs, and have done from when I was a kid.

I'm not sure what it says about me (any psychologists on here?).

So with these, I need to buy two of everything. One for play and one for keeps. My normal waves are ordered, but the exclusives will be expensive for me if I am forced onto eBay.

It's a point I raised with Zach at NYCC and he gave me a look as if to say 'that's our plan, we want you to buy two of everything, and we'd have got away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids and that dog' before running away.*

*note; that last part may or may not have happened.

I'll be damned when I say this but I'll be damned if I don't .....pick up the LCS wave somewhere.....quickly.

Thanks for the heads up! And as per your note earlier in the thread about a UK supplier, Chuck said that he thought Forbidden Planet would definitely be carrying them. But they always carry minimates...

I would love for TRU to be carrying them, but I don't see any sort of 'adult' collectibles (stop sniggering in the back!) in my local TRU. The TRUs in the US are whole different barrel of fish, and they seem to be much better at the whole Exclusives thing.

I was clutching at straws when I said about TRU.UK :biggrin:

Forbidden Planet's site is just as frustrating http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=minimates .....does anybody know who is contained in Wave 1 of the Walking Dead ??? :rolleyes:

........on the other hand maybe there are plenty to go around ...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALKING-DEAD-MINIMATES-SER-1-ASST-NEW-/380478694955?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58964c262b ......the seller has either 255 sets or 255 cases,I'm not quite sure,let's hope it's cases :thumbsup:

I've ordered from them before and i know someone else who did too. They say they have things instock that really do not have, so maybe they do and maybe they don't. lol! :huh:

Edited by mav-man

Patience has usually paid off for me. I was at my local TRU yesterday and there were no signs of the Walking Dead 'mates which, in my experience, tells me one of two things; they haven't come in yet (my store always gets them in three weeks later than others) or they're not stocking them (they didn't stock Expendables 1 or 2 either).

I'm trying hard to not panic. I'd like to think there are plenty out there for us, the most deadicated collectors. (See what I did there?) I'd also like to believe that if TRU knows it's got a hot seller on its hands, they'll ask DST for another run to see where the ceiling is on this property.

That said, as a collector I know that there are plenty of scalpers and speculators out there who are attracted to anything with a number 1 on it, especially if it's labelled "hard to find." Hopefully this scalper frenzy (if that's what's happening) will die down with future waves. In the meantime, I'll wait and keep checking my store, cautiously optimistic that I'll get the figures I want.

Patience has usually paid off for me. I was at my local TRU yesterday and there were no signs of the Walking Dead 'mates which, in my experience, tells me one of two things; they haven't come in yet (my store always gets them in three weeks later than others) or they're not stocking them (they didn't stock Expendables 1 or 2 either).

I figure the same here. Luckily we have a new TRU store that's opening here next week so I'll have two places to check :biggrin:

I was clutching at straws when I said about TRU.UK :biggrin:

Forbidden Planet's site is just as frustrating http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=minimates .....does anybody know who is contained in Wave 1 of the Walking Dead ??? :rolleyes:

I assumed you were, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. I live in hope!

And that is typical FP. Not to mention their website is utter pants.

I've been figuring that they just haven't gotten to my area yet. I'm on the East Coast and we get things a little bit later. But you guys are making me all nervous. I feel like I need to check my TRU twice a day now!

I'm on the east coast too and out of the two TRU's around me, one got in a case last Friday and the other hasn't gotten in any yet

I've been figuring that they just haven't gotten to my area yet. I'm on the East Coast and we get things a little bit later. But you guys are making me all nervous. I feel like I need to check my TRU twice a day now!

I'm on the east coast too and out of the two TRU's around me, one got in a case last Friday and the other hasn't gotten in any yet

And to make matters dicier, I had my TRU check their system - THEY aren't going to be getting them at all, whereas the other 2 "in the area" (45 min in opposite directions) "have them in stock"

I'm sure you can imagine how those phone calls went when I called them both last night to confirm (where's the eye-rolling smiley?)

My local comic store has Series 1 from the non-Toys R Us wave. They didn't have the Dale variant but they also have plenty of the black and white exclusives. If anyone needs these, let me know. They're $8.99. I'll sell them at cost plus shipping. I would need to know by tonight though because I might not be able to get back for a while after tonight. The choices are Rick and Zombie, Dale and female Zombie, 2 Zombies, or Dale and female Zombie (black and white).

Called three toys r us, the first didn't have any and redirected me to some others that did. Store two took ten minutes to go look and couldn't find them, which is weird. I then called the third store and after being told they had all 12! they ended up with a Glen and no Shanes...should I drive half an hour for Glen... :(