UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lobby, I can confirm that I bought more than a sample case's worth of exclusives, and the fact that these are in stores already confirms that there were more than a sample case at the warehouse.

Either

A.) The allotment for the website is sold out, demand was greater than expected.

B.) They took the listings down to correct them, unlikely but possible.

C.) This particular distribution center (Columbus, OH is where mine shipped from) that fulfills the online store is out-of-stock, and another DC will eventually feed stock to the website. I have ordered online before and received items that were shipped from Colorado or another state out west.

My guess is "C".

I'm putting my money on "B" considering they had nearly 12 dozen sets of the exclusive pairs still available less than 24 hours before they took them down.

It's also possible the incorrect listings played havoc with their inventory and they are incorrectly listed as sold out, thus then removed.

Either way, it's pretty likely they'll be back at some point and it's way too soon for any one to panic.

BHM, you're the numbers guy: TRU's order for exclusives has to be, what, 3000 units, at least? If AFX is doing runs of 3000 sets for convention exclusives, I can't imagine a national now international retailer would make fewer than that, for a big media property, right before holiday shopping kicks off. Even if TRU.com only gets 10% of that allocation, could they really have burned through 300 of each set in less than a week? It just seems like we'd have seen more on ebay by now, or more online reviews, or comments, or something.

TRU cases ....as far as I know....aren't numbered which is my trusted method. The LCS standard cases are numbered up to about #2000 ....you can add god cases to this (Luke,any idea?) ,I'd guess 300 odd (I could be way out)which would mean that there are 3000 LCS variants . It's always been implied that TRU runs generally exceed LCS runs .....& I know no more.

The 'wild card' could be that the rumoured(at SDCC) UK big WD order may very well be TRU UK ? Unlikely perhaps but who knows.

My money is still on 'phenomenon' .

Edited by buttheadsmate

You forgot option D yb; BBTS bought all of the remaining exclusives and will have them on their site within a week.

Don't forget ToyWiz.

I thought I remember TRU wave 9 showing up for a couple days, then going out of stock only to be back in stock a few days later. But that was a while ago.

Edited by SuperChefMate

You forgot option D yb; BBTS bought all of the remaining exclusives and will have them on their site within a week.

I think the main reason I wouldn't think this is because of the misnaming on TRU.com. Since BBTS is already getting the direct market wave, I doubt they wanted to buy dozens on the hope that they didn't end up with duplicates of ones they already have in stock as part of direct cases. If they suddenly started listing Rick/Zombie and Zombie 2-pack sets individually, then I guess we'll know if that's the case.

I had my friend who works as an assistant manager at my Toys R Us do a little research on what her store got in, and how the case pack is configured. TRU Fayetteville NC got in 4 cases. Each case comes w/ 2 shane, 2 Glen, 4 Rick, & 4 Herd Zombies. As of today when I checked they only had 8 Ricks and 4 Herd Zombies left. She checked in the inventory computer and said it looks like they won't be getting any more, and that the warehouse that distributes to this TRU is out of stock.

Now I don't know about everyone else's TRU, but due to a huge Zombie lover presence in this town (for ex. we have a 3000 person Zombie Walk every Halloween) my TRU sells out of Zombie stuff (especially Walking Dead) quickly. I hate to be the negative voice in the bunch, but I think DST and AA may have under estimated the demand for these minimates.

Wish I'd thought to look at the side of the box but I don't think TRU cases are numbered. I caught a set still in box before they made it to the shelves and the case pack out was 2 Shane, 2 Glen, 4 roamer and 4 Rick. Call your TRU for item number 823584 and if they have 12 they haven't sold any yet.

To add a little more here, When I got my WD Mates at TRU in Winston-Salem, NC, the worker opened the case in front of me (Case pack was the same as previously mentioned) However, I'm pretty sure there was only the one case.

Part of me would be really surprised if this is it for the first wave considering how abundant other Minimates always are in my area, but then I just found out the McFarlane Walking Dead Daryl Dixon figure I saw all over the place in January of this year is crazy rare and sells for over $100 now so maybe Walking Dead is a wild card.

Guess I need to make sure to get wave 2 pre-ordered soon :D

I hate to be the negative voice in the bunch, but I think DST and AA may have under estimated the demand for these minimates.

Who do you think decides how many toys Toys R Us orders? DST? Believe me, we don't tell TRU their numbers. Keep in mind, we also have Series 2 hitting next month. They probably wanted to sell through.

If any comic stores need to reorder, though, I think we're good to go.

Keep in mind, we also have Series 2 hitting next month.

Is this accurate? I mean series 1 just hit a few weeks ago. I know the release schedule over at the AA blog says series 2 is hitting stores in November, but I figured it would just get bumped a few months later.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Who do you think decides how many toys Toys R Us orders? DST? Believe me, we don't tell TRU their numbers. Keep in mind, we also have Series 2 hitting next month. They probably wanted to sell through.

So are you confirming series 1 was a low-numbers run and could have conceivably already sold through, or are you jus saying DST doesn't set the numbers on it?

So are you confirming series 1 was a low-numbers run and could have conceivably already sold through, or are you jus saying DST doesn't set the numbers on it?

The latter. I have no idea how many TRU ordered, but I know that their usual orders are far greater than our specialty assortments. We prepared for reorders at specialty, but I don't think that has ever been the practice with TRU. And like I said, they have committed to Series 2, as well, so while I doubt they underordered, they probably saw no need to stockpile. In other words, nobody underestimated anything, especially not DST. We know what we've got here.

Well TRU just cancelled my online order for walking dead sets, no explanation, just an email saying the order is cancelled.

I'm not impressed with them just cancelling on me 3-4 days after my order was placed & If I cant get the exclusive sets online ( right now I'm not able to get to local TRU stores in person.) I'm going to be very pissed at them!

Oh and to top it off they aren't refunding my money, they are going to give me a TRU gift card that I can use online!!! - :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

I feel a very terse conversation coming up with a TRU REP vey soon!

T.

The latter. I have no idea how many TRU ordered, but I know that their usual orders are far greater than our specialty assortments. We prepared for reorders at specialty, but I don't think that has ever been the practice with TRU. And like I said, they have committed to Series 2, as well, so while I doubt they underordered, they probably saw no need to stockpile. In other words, nobody underestimated anything, especially not DST. We know what we've got here.

I really wanted ( & still want) to be wrong about the TRU Walking Dead Minimates 'sell-out' but like the man from DST said "We know what we've got here " ......so do I . I'm not posting out of smugness (I haven't got mine yet :unsure: ) .....if that's how it comes across then I'll live with that misconception..... but the writing was on the wall bloody ages ago ,the reason I am posting is purely in the hope that people who have been frustrated with TRU lamblast TRU rather than DST. In all fairness I personally feel that I can't blame TRU for being potentially shortsighted on this one.....we all know that certain new lines 'pegged' for some while so maybe they made a conservative decision......but the 'best of Ghostbusters' waves proved that TRU aren't completely gormless. I'm pretty sure that we'll get the second TRU wave & then we'll maybe see a similar (to GB) 'Best of WD' wave which will have re-run exclusives,it's all been done before :thumbsup:

I honestly don't believe the 2 TRU short packs have been produced in few numbers in total than the LCS variants ....I do know however that TRU exclusives are always less accessible/more desirable/seemingly rarer/scalped /more expensive/hyped than their LCS equivalents.

We all knew that .

Zach recently stated that the 'Best of Marvel' wave had a secondary run ,by no means an historical Minimate precedent .........odds would look good on a secondary run,in time, for these.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Keep in mind, we also have Series 2 hitting next month.

Is this accurate? I mean series 1 just hit a few weeks ago. I know the release schedule over at the AA blog says series 2 is hitting stores in November, but I figured it would just get bumped a few months later.

I believe Series 1 was always slated for September, and Series 2 for November. Series 1 barely missed, so I have to imagine Series 2 will be out by the end of the year at the latest.

So Zach, can you say who's decision it was to short-pack the TRU exclusives? Regardless of how many TRU ordered, the fact that Shane and Glen are in much lower numbers seems to be the bigger issue with all of this.

To short pack the TRU exclusives? TRU, I believe. There's a reason all or most TRU exclusives are short packed. To make Glenn and Shane the TRU exclusives? Chuck does all line planning. Keep in mind this is not our last Glenn.

TBT, that sucks about your order, keep me posted. TM2, thank you -- that's still a lot of Glenns and Shanes. And we weren't about to put Old Man Dale at mass when some of our Marvel exclusives are still lingering.

BHM has a point, but again, I don't know how many they ordered. I don't think TRU goes deep on TV shows in general anymore, or even non-Marvel movies, especially with Minimates. I think everyone expected the show to be as popular as last year, but that jump in viewers...