UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's a Birthday Elephant?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - someone got spoilt rotten on his birthday this year. I really don't know what to say . . .

Check out the haul.

Thanks so much to Lobsterman for taking the time to put this together. I can't tell you what a thrill it was to receive so much cool stuff for my birthday.

And thanks to my Birthday Elephant, who i am like 98% sure was TM2Dinobot. You rock, man!

Edited by Nessex

• 4 weeks later...

Well my bday elephant sent me an ecard the night before my birthday saying my present was in the mail but also included a gift card code for some facebook credits for my avengers alliance addiction lol...it was great since that allowed me to snag Thor and his movie costume! I am not sure who the gifter is yet but many thanks go their way already!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much Brandon (aka wookiefodder)I got my present today and they are too kool! Thanks a million! (pics up now!)

Two very cool Animation cells from my most favorite show "The Real Ghostbusters"

101_2786.jpg

101_2787.jpg

A tin of Slimer Sours

101_2789.jpg

And two very nostalgia-inducing RGB themed table cloths for birthday parties (at least I think they're table cloths, I haven't opened them yet)

101_2788.jpg

Edited by Jay Tigran

• 2 months later...

I did receive my birthday elephant gift, but customs felt they needed to hassle my good friend Groundhog and the package was delayed. I took pics of what was actual gifts as the package also held more stuff that we were trading but my memory card has since failed and I lost the pic. and now I cannot recall which was gift and which wasnt but it was all awesome that is a fact. He got me a little bit of everything, toys and comics including a POP! Thor bobble head which lives in my families playroom on a toy shelf - a place of reverence for sure! So huge kudos and thanks to Groundhog!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I realized I forgot to post pics of my b-day haul from Nessex:

Picture044.jpg

I still can't believe he remembered how I was a big fan of Black Queen Jean, Civilian Thor, Sabretooth, Crimson Viper and JJJ. Once again, way above and beyond Matt!

What a nice gift set!

I can't wait until next year when I can join.

I was afraid to buy you anything from the FunkoPop range as i was sure you'd have better access to them and most likely would already have anything i could find in Australia - so i went with Army Builders.

Happy (early) Birthday, guv!

EDIT: Also - did i leave my name on the box again? I'm terrible when it comes to trying to conceal my identity it seems. LOL

Edited by Nessex

EDIT: Also - did i leave my name on the box again? I'm terrible when it comes to trying to conceal my identity it seems. LOL

Kind of. Knowing your address and being friends with you on Facebook really helped me deduce who sent it. But, I was really thrown off at first because I get packages sent to me for LilGambit so I can combine stuff from here and send one big box to him in the Netherlands. I knew he was waiting on a package that had one of the packs you sent me and I assumed it was his. I was actually a little jealous of what all was in there so when he told me it wasn't his I figured out it must be for my b-day. It made it much more fun that way. Did you send it out while you were in San Diego?

• 3 months later...

Yay, the Birthday Elephant visited my neck of the woods!

I'll post some pics later; I got a Lego Batmobile mini set, Wolverine & Brood pack (my little bugger army is slowly growing) and a most excelent hand drawn card of Batman and Hellboy!

Thank you jcastick! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

BHM has to be the worst gift giver ever. He freaks out when a package doesn't arrive by the date intended, even though it's December. Then he doesn't wait for official channels, but just sends you an apology letter spilling all the beans. Then when it does arrive the next day, it's marked with his name and return address. Dude, it's a secret. Others are supposed to guess. You're not very good at this, are you?

Then again...

post-51-0-01433400-1355189906_thumb.jpg

Best Elephant ever! :biggrin: Thanks so much Rob. I didn't have any of these guys! XD

I'm glad you liked the Minimates Dino & I'd agree that this wasn't my or in fact the PO's finest hour . I had an ebay deal go pear-shaped recently & the return address was perhaps a tad clinical but I decided to be better safe than sorry . In the circumstances .....it being very late an'all.....I made the right decision because at one point I was adamant that it wouldn't arrive at all.

I hope you had a great day :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

So, today was a good day to check the mail. My Secret Santa gift arrived, some paints I ordered to finish up a custom I'm working on showed up, and my Birthday Elephant gift came too!!!! Can I just say my Elephant is the frickin man! In the box was the 2nd Alpha Fight box set, the villains T-Cats box set, some delicious Nut Goodie candy, and an epically awesome A Tribe Called Quest custom minimate!!! I literally squeed when I found it in the bottom of the box! Thanks to the "shipped from" zip code, I was able to deduce that Lord Minimate is actually the amazing Luke! Thanks buddy, love the custom and everything else, it was definitly worth the wait! Now for pics :biggrin:

36ED8ACE-2F4A-4BCF-A5B4-3E424144AEA1-1044-00000167AE4C3F3B.jpg

030564C0-A3F3-4BC5-9C1A-441D6187600D-1044-0000016787A4E7A2.jpg

FEC4B4AE-57E3-4E13-984C-0264B05D2EE4-1044-00000167A053D478.jpg

154C07A4-DA21-4257-A355-257A7F0D188D-1044-00000167A7477FCD.jpg

EC4D49AA-8CDA-492A-B938-78EF60CAB83A-1044-0000016830DF089B.jpg