UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Movie Minimates

The Vox

The official trailer is out and has me pretty excited for what could be my favorite all-time super hero movie. Has anyone heard rumblings of a future movie wave? I assume it will happen since we have had Hulk, Iron Man I, Iron Man II, Thor & Captain America Movie Minimates. I'm looking forward to see the new Iron Man armor and a movie Hawkeye in minimate form.

"I'm a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.."

No doubt it's gonna happen. I've never been a fan of movie-mates in general, though, and this isn't much of an exception. We've already had versions of Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Black Widow, and Nick Fury that don't look much different than they do in this movie. Hawkeye will be new, but. . .I think he's gonna be dullsville as a Minimate (even though in the comics Hawkeye is one of my favorite characters). I guess they'll do a new Hulk, and it'll probably be much more bulked up than the previous Hulk movie-mates, if you are interested in that. I dunno, I just much prefer the colorful comic incarnations of these characters over the more muted, "realistic" movie versions. I think that where movie figures best succeed is where they best approximate their comic versions (like the Iron Men figures).

I'm sure it will happen, but it seems so unnecessary. They've already made movie versions of everyone except Hawkeye, and Ruffalo as Hulk. That's it. One new character, who is a guy in a leather vest and sunglasses. I don't know, it's going to be tough to get excited about this wave. The only hope I have for it is if it happens, we'll get a hairpiece for Loki. That should have never been cut from the Thor wave. That's the only thing I can think of I'm looking forward to.

I'm thinking the same thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, but as toys the comic versions are more exciting and colorful. With all the existing movie figures we've gotten, I'm already feeling kind of "meh" about any of the releases that will inevitably occur for the film. Hawkeye is one of my favorite Avengers, but the movie version isn't exciting or inspiring to me at all.

What I'm looking forward to BECAUSE of the film is a comic Avengers series and boxed set. And no duplicates, please. All new characters, not just all new versions of existing ones.

I'm looking foward to it. The way I see it, we have A Movie Cap minimate, but the costume in The Avengers is different and I feel that warrents a variant. Same for Thor and maybe Iron Man (not sure ifit's mark 6, 6.5 or 7. It was said Tony would don multiple armours so who knows). Plus if the Thanos and/or Skrull rumours pan out then I'd love to have movie versions of them in my collection.

I doubt we're going to see anything for quite awhile, because they are usually pretty tight with allowing designs from the movies to leak out early. I'm betting there will be some surprises in here (like Final Battle Whiplash), and I'm hoping DST will be able to find a way to get them into a wave (unlike Final Battle Whiplash). There's sure to be Minimates; DST would be crazy not to make them. I'm REALLY hoping that we get a comics-themed wave branded "Avengers" specifically, much like the way wave 28 was branded "Wolverine".

I really like having movie-mates, so I'm looking forward to what Avengers brings. A normal wave has 6 characters plus an army builder and 4 characters for a TRU set. So 10 characters plus army builders: Thor(sleeveless and capeless), Cap, Iron Man MK?, Hulk, Hawkeye, Maria Hill, Fury, Black Widow, Loki, and big baddie #2. Put evil army builder in the wave, and the army builder set can be SHIELD agents/soldiers and evil army builders. That would get me pretty much everything I would want out of the movie Avengers, with a little room to add stuff to the army builder case (a la Hammer, Selvig, Skull, and Laufey).

I don't think Fury and Widow really need to be redone for Avengers, but I'm assuming they would make the cut just for the sake of being major characters. Plus Fury's earlier release wasn't really for mass consumption.

I suppose everyone has a new costume, Hulk even has a new face.

As someone who isn't huge on movie mates, the only one I'd definitely buy is a Maria Hill... I hope she doesn't end up in some sort of SHIELD 4-pack with Fury, Widow and Hawkeye.

The customary accompanying comic style mates are the ones that'll get me all excited, for sure.

I'd 100% back it, i love the movie waves, sometimes more the comic waves (hello Thor-and-one-Cap Wave <_<). Widow, Hawkeye, Maria Hill, and Cap interest me the most, and i love Thor's sleeveless/capeless look, and a new Loki wouldn't be such a bad thing considering the crap plastic used in the Thor wave.

That said, i hope we only get one wave and an Army Dump/TRU pack. Not to turn this into a wishlist thread, but i propose:

Iron Man/Loki

Captain America/Hawkeye

Black Widow/

Skrull

Maria Hill/

Skrull

With a generic SHIELD/

Skrull

Dump, and:

Bruce Banner/Thor

Nick Fury/Hulk

But that's just me.

That said, i hope we only get one wave and an Army Dump/TRU pack.

That's more or less what I was trying to say and more or less the pack-out I would want. I would only swap out Bruce Banner for Big Baddie #2 (whether it be the much rumored villain or just a commander or power-of-one bad guy) and put Bruce Banner in the army builder assortment at 1 per case. With an LCS wave, TRU wave, and army builder case, that's really all we need from Avengers.

I was not a big movie-mates guy until I held the Iron Man I minimate. Now I say the more the merrier with any armor out there. Also, with Thor and Cap I liked them because they were still costumed.. though I do like the their comic counterpart's colors, I still think the movie mates have a place. The only thing I shy away from with movie-mates is the ones that don't look superheroey/villainy. It takes a lot for me to care about a civilian mate. :)

Iron Man's new suit looks a little more "plated" than the Iron Man 2 suit.. and I would bet we will see more than one Iron Man suit in this show. I would also love an Avengers box set based on the comics to come out next spring.. At this point, I will buy all things mini+avenger.. and I have enough Max-Jets so I have quin-jets for everyone. Fingers crossed for a Antman/Wasp cameo.

If a comic Avengers wave is as solid as the comic Wolverine wave was, I'm all for it. That wave to me is a contender for best wave since the line began.

Amen. That was one of my favourite waves ever released. If they do something similar for Avengers i'll be pleased as punch.

I don't think Fury and Widow really need to be redone for Avengers, but I'm assuming they would make the cut just for the sake of being major characters. Plus Fury's earlier release wasn't really for mass consumption.

Widow DOES have her little red 'Widow' symbol on this costume - i'm sure that alone will be enough for fanboys to watch this movie version of her :P

Fingers crossed for a Antman/Wasp cameo.

There was talk of an AntMan movie to follow the 1st Avengers film, but the rumour mill seems to have gone dead on that one. . . anyone have anything more solid on it?

Edited by Nessex

There was talk of an AntMan movie to follow the 1st Avengers film, but the rumour mill seems to have gone dead on that one. . . anyone have anything more solid on it?

It's been in the works for a long time because Marvel want Edgar Wright to direct, but he was busy with other films and wanted the script to be right. Sounds like it may go ahead soon. And it may have changed, but the first draft supposedly centered around both Pym in the '60s and Lang in the present.