UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More civilian/supporting cast minimates please

Mirymate

Now that we've gotten our first civilian Marvel mates in a long while, and two that weren't somone's girlfriends, I'd like to request a few more for DST's consideration-

Rick Jones- Marvel's most prolific sidekick. He only barely qualifies as a civilian, but has a centeral figure in the Marvel Universe for most of it's existence. Heck there would be no Hulk, nor an Avengers team without him. He has slipped from prominence the last few years, but I think he has more than earned a slot in an upcoming wave.

Edwin Jarvis- the Avengers faithful butler, and their longest serving member. He has long been overlooked in the various toylines, which is a shame.

Robbie Robertson- JJJ's right hand man, one of Peter's surgate father figures. Pair him with his personal arch-enemy: Tombstone.

Foggy Nelson- Matt Murdoch's oldest friend and long standing law partner, and the former D.A. of NYC. Dated Liz Osborn for a while after Harry's apparent death. A Matt and Foggy 2 pack would be really cool.

I could keep going, but I'd like to hear some of your ideas.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following would make me happy:

Betty Ross-Banner - the wife of the Hulk and current Red She-Hulk. She was a huge part of PAD's run on the Hulk, and is still one of the great loves of the Hulk's life.

Wong - Faithful man-servant of Dr. Strange and one of the most over-looked supporting characters in comics, I think.

Franklin & Valeria Richards - He's got the power to create universes, and she's possibly smarter than her father. How can they not get Miimates?

Wyatt Wingfoot - The Torch's best friend for years, and the She-Hulk's boyfriend for years as well.

Boris - the mysterious aide to Dr. Doom. Best known for having a beard, wearing a hat and appearing in a lot of Doom stories (seriously, does he have a back story?)

I love that boyd mentioned Boris! YES! See the 2nd Fantastic Four Annual (1963) for some great Boris moments with evocative Kirby art, inked by Chic Stone.

Along with the rest of the above mentioned, I'd like to see a Captain George Stacy and Betty Brant with original sexy hair-do!

Betty_Brant.jpg

Oh, don't get me wrong, I would rather have an unmade hero or villain than a civilian minimate. Except maybe Rick Jones... I can think of a bunch of costumes lower on my want list than Rick. But if we're going to get the occasional civilian-mate, I'm just making a few suggestions of which ones I'd prefer.

That's why I want the Winter Soldier so bad, he's not only an interesting villain turned hero, but he's one of the most important supporting characters in Captain America lore. But no....

Bucky and Rick Jones both have a connection to the very core of the Marvel Universe, they have more right to a 'mate than many who have been made already. Isn't Rick Jones A-Bomb now?

Not really a civilian any more, since he's now military personnel AND the new Venom.

You seem to know a lot about Flash Thompson Venom...Hmmmmm....

Any chance you are also a big Marvel Select fan?.... :)

You're kidding, right? Have you been to our Facebook page? It's like Flash Thompson central over there. It's been beaten into me.