• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had some free time this weekend to catch up on my Goonies minimates. :biggrin:

Here's a group shot of the gang:

post-3472-0-38641100-1314635185_thumb.jp

Left to right: Chunk, Mouth, Mikey, and Data.

Data has a few pieces I need to add to his chest as well as his packback.

haha, love the Goonies! Chunk is hilarious, truffle shuffle variant please? And data needs his boxing glove contraption!

Thanks! The boxing glove is coming. Chunk's torso was from a movie Blob figure which came with the boxing gloves- a perfect fit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I were a stickler, I might mention those Goonies are just kids and all should be same size as T2 John Connor. This way when you make Sloth or any the older,taller characters there won't be any scale issues.

I am not a stickler though, so great custom minis!

Sloth is going to have taller shoes (like Frankenstien's or Hulk) and a raised torso piece (once I find one). Been pretty busy lately but would love to finish up the main kids soon- especially Data, my favorite Goonie of all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back to the Future customs update:

Pics to come soon, but I found a great set of dogs that are perfect scale with minimates called Toobz that they sell at Hobby Lobby. I also created the pennants that Doc gets tangled into the Delorean and later rescues Marty from Biff.

post-3472-0-35316000-1323698817_thumb.jp

Super cheap and easy to make. I'll do a step by step with photos if anyone's interested.

The dog I mentioned earlier was from a company called SafariLtd. They sell several different 'Toobs' of various animals from apes to dinosaurs and such that you can find at any Hobby-Lobby store. I always keep a minimate in my coat pocket just in case I run into something that might work. (:

Here's their site:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/740.0.1.1.72995.0.0.0.0?pp=48&sort_selection=recommended&pg=1

Here's the Toob for dogs, and what's inside:

post-3472-0-34583900-1323721783_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-19925000-1323721909_thumb.jp

I found the first dog on the 2nd row makes for a great Einstein.

Here's how he looks with BTTF 'mates & Delorean (along with my custom Jennifer)

post-3472-0-27662100-1323721876_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-16633400-1323721954_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-36241500-1323721973_thumb.jp

There's also a great bulldog in there too in case you wanted one to go with any Rocketeer customs. I'll hopefully be posting those soon. Finished South Seas Club Jenny last week along with Peevy, and Lothar.

Gosh those Twilight Zone mates are epic! I just love the Henry Bemis one, that is one of my three all time favorite episodes.

Thanks! I still have to do a version with his glasses off. I have an idea for a really cool setup using the hall of justice piece that came with the young justice figures. It's my favorite episode as well. I'd like to make more but not sure who else who make a good 'mate. Kanamit with to serve man book? Four armed Venusian and 3 eyed Martian? Waiting on the next zombie wave as I spotted a soda jerk with the hat I'd need.

What are your other two fav TZ episodes?

I wasn't happy with the hair mold on the 25th anniversary BTTF Doc- so I made my own for an alternate 1985 Doc in black lab coat. Here's the original head/hair and the new with Marty recreating the 'skewed timeline' scene. Just need a chalkboard. Working on it. (:

post-3472-0-51194500-1324303204_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-98213200-1324303273_thumb.jp

The hair was made with apoxie sculpt, the jacket from GB's Egon, and the torso and legs from the hover Delorean Doc. I thought the face worked perfectly as this was the most serious and upset Doc of the whole trilogy.

Gosh those Twilight Zone mates are epic! I just love the Henry Bemis one, that is one of my three all time favorite episodes.

Thanks! I still have to do a version with his glasses off. I have an idea for a really cool setup using the hall of justice piece that came with the young justice figures. It's my favorite episode as well. I'd like to make more but not sure who else who make a good 'mate. Kanamit with to serve man book? Four armed Venusian and 3 eyed Martian? Waiting on the next zombie wave as I spotted a soda jerk with the hat I'd need.

What are your other two fav TZ episodes?

One of my other faves is the episode where Burgess is given superhuman powers by aliens. I also have a real soft spot for the episode with Buster Keaton and the time travel helmet, great episode! A very honorable mention would be the movie version of Terror at 20,000 feet with John Lithgow. There are many more I love. my chilhood sunday mornings were spent with things like Twilight Zone Outer Limits, Wild, wild, wild west, Star Trek:TOS, Voyage to the bottom of the sea and scores of other classic series

• 1 month later...

I've been working on my next set of customs- focusing on the 4 issue mini-series, Ghostbusters: Displaced Agression.

Surprised I had very little to do for these, mostly part swapping. Here's Winston:

post-3472-0-15744700-1328643755_thumb.jp

To his left is a work in progress Peter and to his right, Egon. I'm basing my customs on the covers of each issue (so no bearded Ray or hoodless Egon). I have one finishing touch I have to make them and I'll post all four shortly. Stay tuned!

Also feverishly working on the Slingers. Here's Hornet and Ricochet in the works....

post-3472-0-18033100-1329237465_thumb.jp

AND, my Rocketeer movie cast. Wish I could take credit for the awesome Rocketeer, but my pal singsingjohnny make that one....

post-3472-0-16589900-1329237527_thumb.jp

Left to right: Bigelow, Peevy, Neville Sinclair, Jenny Blake, Cliff Secord/The Rocketeer, Lothar.

Here's how my Slingers customs are turning out....

First up, Hornet & Ricochet:

post-3472-0-87505900-1329242878_thumb.jp

Next, Prodigy & Dusk:

post-3472-0-38249900-1329242906_thumb.jp

Hornet is 90% complete with knee pads and a quick paint job to finish him up. Ricochet is there too- just need to paint the jacket. Prodigy on the other hand needs the most work. Dusk will eventually have the black arm cape added similar to Ms. Marvel below:

post-3472-0-06706500-1329243045_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-24525700-1329243060_thumb.jp